DC wants to fight Jones a Third Time and feels that he can win

none you stated make any difference (i stated that his best weapon is his size and his one punch power and the Shogun fight is a perfect fitting example).
rankings can go down the toilet, use your eyes and tell me OSP is a legit top fighter with real chances to win a title.
he has a puncher chance against everyone, sure, but that's it. really.

Jones on paper was supposed to walk through him instead he raised some question marks about his conditions after that fight.
i repeat: that version of JJ was very different from any other version of him, before and after.

OSP is a dangerous fighter, and has the power and submission ability to get a victory over anyone in the top 10 of the LHW division. Even DC showed vulnerability in his last minute replacement fight in A. Silva and got badly hurt by a body kick in the 3rd round. Last minute replacement fights over top 10 fighters are never easy. Bisping over Rockhold, Ortega over Frankie and Nate over Conor. I can give many examples of upsets, Jones dominated 50-44 and didn't even get touched. His victory was very similar to his wins over Rashad and Glover; there was nothing unusual about his performance; other than he didn't seem to want to take it to the ground even though he could have easily done so.

I have nothing but respect for DC.

So bulk back up to HW, cut to LHW again , then bulk back up to HW again? Sounds good for a 40 yr with one foot out the door talking retirement.

I'd watch, but it would be tough, DC has nothing going for him in any scenarios; age, retirement, his two losses to Jones already. But he's given alot to the sport and he already is an all time great so if he wants his trilogy bout I guess we should let him bang

If Jones could beat DC without PEDs he wouldn't continually get caught using them vs DC

Jones beats him 100 out 100 times. He's once ever MMA talent. DC is also great, but JBJ is just THAT good.

BJ Penn wants to fight Edgar a 4th time and feels that he can win.

I don't see the third fight ending any differently. Bones matches up too well against him physically.

I feel nothing but the utmost respect for DC's competitive spirit.

Besides, call me crazy, but I too believe he can win. I'm not certain he would, but I honestly feel he could. First fight was closer than the scorecards would suggest, and it was arguably 1-1 until the knockout in the rematch.

It's crazy to act like a fighter as good as DC cannot win. Would Jones be the favourite? Yes. Would he win? Probably. But one can never count Daniel Cormier out. NEVER.

He is that good.
2nd fight was clearly 1-1 leading up to the KO and arguably 2-0.

Damn I wish we had gotten to see Jones fight DC clean. My jimmies will never be unrusstled.

This would be a dead issue if DC didn’t have the title. I thought the last fight should’ve closed the lid on the rivalry, but since Jones keeps finding trouble, DC gets his hands on the strap again. If DC sticks around and Jones wants to persue the title, it’s almost inevitable that they fight again.

At this point, bones would just juice a 3rd time and disappear to live off of his alleged real estate money. He’s juiced twice to rematch DC. He doesn’t have the confidence in his abilities to face Cormier clean. Honestly, I think bones is championship caliber without the sauce. Maybe not as dominant but his frame alone gives a lot of top fighters problems. I think he’s a puke and I’m far from a fan but if we’re being honest, he’s a great fighter.

Also, as a DC fan, I love that he goes on record saying he’s 0-2. Even tho the 2nd is a no contest. I think it speaks volumes about his character and warrior spirit. He counts it as a loss even if the record books don’t. He still desires over Bones. It’s unlikely he ever gets it but I love that mentality.

I would say don't do it DC. But he's had such a great career other than the losses to Jones, the second loss pretty much doesn't even count. So he's already built a great legacy and had a strong championship run. Why not have another go at Jones.

Don't really see him beating Jones, but i'd like to see just how much of a difference the roids were making.
The difference can be seen in Belfort... crazy, spinning-kick, human highlight reel to just another old dude.

Jones would 100/100 times in an octagon, a boxing ring, shit Jones would win in a ladder match. Jones will always be alpha. As DC will always be his bitch.

Hey DC over Stipe though... and DC over Brock.
I will like your post and then raise you one.... Alpha? Yeah, "I have no confidence in myself or skills so I am going to juice to beat up a 40 year old, short, chubby dude, to prove that I'm alpha..." I don't think you understand how alpha/beta works, punk.

DC is a true animal and if he can pull out a win against Stipe he starts approaching GOAT level success.

But I don't think he beats Jones. Pains me to say it because DC is 10x the man and human being Jones is. But Jon has his number.
"You, TOO, can beat Daniel Cormier for only three easy payments of 19.99! Just dial T-U-R-I-N-A-B-O-L.... That's right, that number again is T-U-R-I-N-A-B-O-L! Order yours today!"

You mean that number?

DC looking to cry 3X...

"You, TOO, can beat Daniel Cormier for only three easy payments of 19.99! Just dial T-U-R-I-N-A-B-O-L.... That's right, that number again is T-U-R-I-N-A-B-O-L! Order yours today!"

You mean that number?

Yes that number. Sadly it has defeated Cormier twice.

Back