I can't learn how to play guitar because I'm afraid of guitar strings

There was a phobia thread a while back. This would be a good adddition. As would my Trypophobia. Mine isn’t a fear, it’s an aversion with nausea. Certain organic objects with many holes in them freak me out and make me sick. I can’t even google image....Apparantly it’s a left over traiit from when these things could poison you. The types with seeds or eyeball looking things in the holes crush me. Although I’m fine with strawberries. Anyone else have this?

There was a phobia thread a while back. This would be a good adddition. As would my Trypophobia. Mine isn’t a fear, it’s an aversion with nausea. Certain organic objects with many holes in them freak me out and make me sick. I can’t even google image....Apparantly it’s a left over traiit from when these things could poison you. The types with seeds or eyeball looking things in the holes crush me. Although I’m fine with strawberries. Anyone else have this?

The holes thing was played big in the last season of American Horror story, they zoomed into this stuff and really made a character who shared the fear emphasize it

Don't watch it!!

Ha ha you thought there was going to be an image of that weird hole shit.

Instead....

BOOBS

74oOFH2.gif

The holes thing was played big in the last season of American Horror story, they zoomed into this stuff and really made a character who shared the fear emphasize it

Don't watch it!!

Fuck that! I’m not afraid like I would be a snake or a rational fear. But I get total revulsion. Actually that show did that to me over a few things....

Don't be a fayg, play a bass!

When you're too slow to play lead and the band doesn't need rhythm guitars.
I see where you're going with that... One can not only shred on bass but can be the only guitar in a band or only instrument period!

I've always wanted to play guitar but I'm afraid of the strings snapping and coiling up and poking me in the eye. Seriously, it scares the hell outta me! Every time I try to pick at the guitar I flinch and move my head back in anticipation and put on the worst performances.

I'm also afraid to blow up balloons.

I know afew guys who might be able to help you with that...

@Elon Musk @Bezos @HomerThompson

What do you guys think ?

I've thought about it actually. It would take some serious shredding to snap a string. I have had strings break while tuning though and it doesn't break like you think it would. They just snap off at the base. They don't curl up and there isn't any danger of them hitting you in the face or anything.

Well there's always learning how to play the skin flute

I've always wanted to play guitar but I'm afraid of the strings snapping and coiling up and poking me in the eye. Seriously, it scares the hell outta me! Every time I try to pick at the guitar I flinch and move my head back in anticipation and put on the worst performances.

I'm also afraid to blow up balloons.
I am afraid of guitars too!!

Back