Deactivated my Facebook account 3 weeks ago and.....

The most important thing is to tell people about it.

Also Is it still cool to delete your facebook? Or are we already at the stage where it becomes cool to open one again?

Its cool to delete it, then reopen it, and tell everyone that you dont really go on it because you only use it for your new LuLaRoe business

Im so sick of losers bragging about deleting their FB. These people were obviously one of two people:

people with not many friends that genuinely care about their posts
people that let it run their whole lives checking it every 2 minutes

use it as a tool and its great.(not directed at u OP, just felt this way for a while)

the whole facebook delete thing makes me think of the dorks in highschool saying they "deleted the cool kids table bcuz it wasnt cool" nevermind that they were never invited.

Again not directed at you OP just generally speaking

I use it but i don't have the app, just logon using my lap top when ar the office, maybe couple times per week. I find it handy as hell. I've lived in a few different countries and it's a nice way to have all my contacts and friends on one page.

Facebook is fantastic if you have friends or family in far flung places and you want to stay in touch and get a sense of what they are doing.

that said TS, I turned off all alerts many years ago so I only catch up on it when i login and care to look.

I live overseas, it's hard to stay connected with a lot of people otherwise. I don't hit it that much. Nit like when I was young

I only need Sherdog.

I'm contemplating deleting mine. The only reason I have one is to contact friends amd family that live far away.

The most important thing is to tell people about it.

Also Is it still cool to delete your facebook? Or are we already at the stage where it becomes cool to open one again?

Thank you for your feedback. Not sure if it is as cool to re open one as it is to deactivate it, though.

Trying to get rid of it. I use it to combat boredom when im at work. That or viewing YouTube.

Everywhere I look and hear people say they don't have one but yet you can find about anyone on it

It's only older people that use it now. Teenagers and people in their early 20s have moved on.

Facebook is already experiencing a slow death.

Yes and no.. My kids tell me when they get older they will have one.

I deleted mine 3 years ago after a relationship ended, then I got laid off. I didn’t feel like my life was worth sharing.

I used that time to better myself, and I don’t plan to go back. I like my life better now without it. I can’t believe I had become so sucked up into it that I turned into a internet robot like a lot of people on that site.

I just shared this on FB & got like 6 'likes'.

....it has been a nice 3 weeks. No getting "alerts" anymore about people liking a post. No more chain messages on Messenger.

I was wasting an hour a day or more on it, It is a good feeling.

Anyone else?

My FB is still active but I only check it once a month and I dont reply much in messanger

Got rid of it when I met my wife. Waaaaay too much of a heat score. Now I waste my time on here instead. Improvement? Probably not.

Deleted mine before Facebook ever became cool. That is how freakin cool I am.

Actually now that everyone is starting to delete theirs. I may have to create one so I can go against what everyone else is doing.

Back