Did the Son of Sam really act alone? Or was he a member of a murderous Satanic cult?

tenor.gif

"what, no..really? who knows? haha, maybe. I don't know.
why you asking me? tehee"

Not sure if you took a look at the unsolved.com link I posted but there's more to it than just eye witnesses not recognizing him.

There's evidence to suggest that the Carr brothers were in fact involved with a Satanic cult and we know that Berkowitz was friends with them. So you have Berkowitz stating that the murders were cult-related and that the Carr brothers were involved, and also evidence linking the Carrs with cult activity.

Then you consider that one of the Carr bros committed suicide a short time after Berkowitz's arrest, which his girlfriend believed to have been a murder. Berkowitz has agreed with this assessment, saying that Carr was killed to keep him quiet.

Consider this excerpt:

So, yes, you have a crazy person like Berkowitz saying crazy shit. But the thing is, some of that crazy shit actually starts to add up.

The cult from Minot that the Carrs were in is very real and there's still members in the community. I used to be involved in illegal things and I'd run into them every once in awhile. You knew who they were before you even talked to them, it's hard to explain but they carried themselves in a certain way that was out of the norm.

The cult from Minot that the Carrs were in is very real and there's still members in the community. I used to be involved in illegal things and I'd run into them every once in awhile. You knew who they were before you even talked to them, it's hard to explain but they carried themselves in a certain way that was out of the norm.

No shit.

So what is their deal? What are they all about exactly?

No shit.

So what is their deal? What are they all about exactly?

I never asked, and I don't want to know. There is some info on the web about the cult if you do some digging. They were all big time drug users and most are in jail for meth now.
I know the german shepherd sacrificing thing started in Minot. Why they chose german shepherds, I have no clue.
Just for the record, I never have done or dealt meth.

<looks at your avatar, doubts claim> :D
I was a teenager when meth started getting big. By the time I got interested in drugs, I'd seen too many peoples lives get ruined by that shit that I never touched it. I never will.

Interesting.
I always thought the zodiac killer was a satanic group.. it was not far from the church of Satan, and some suspects were linked to the church's San Francisco neighborhood.

Just found this. It's a very brief overview of Maury Terry's research. Pretty interesting.

https://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/pub...70814_064-probe_of_son_of_sam_terror_cult.pdf

I figured I'd tag you guys since y'all have shown some actual interest ITT: @Supereem @TheRuthlessOne @DaleBoca @I Am Legion @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @jefferz @HunterAcosta @is normal

Thanks. This seems to want me to believe both Berky and Manson were in the same cult. If I have to believe Manson was operating under the orders of a cult to believe it to be the case in Son of Sam then I'm out. Nothing about Manson's case suggests anything of the sort.

Thanks. This seems to want me to believe both Berky and Manson were in the same cult. If I have to believe Manson was operating under the orders of a cult to believe it to be the case in Son of Sam then I'm out. Nothing about Manson's case suggests anything of the sort.

Not sure about Manson. But I would caution you against having an all-or-nothing attitude. Something doesn't have to be 100% or 0% true. The truth can always lie somewhere in the middle.

Not sure about Manson. But I would caution you against having an all-or-nothing attitude. Something doesn't have to be 100% or 0% true. The truth can always lie somewhere in the middle.

Great. Because I'm warming up to this Satanic cult idea. Never found the case interesting and this would change all that.

Great. Because I'm warming up to this Satanic cult idea. Never found the case interesting and this would change all that.

Here's what, from what I can tell, there seems to be significant evidence to support:

John Carr and Michael Carr were in some way involved with a ritualistic, seemingly Satanic cult. The Carr brothers were friends with David Berkowitz, and Berkowitz has said that they were involved with the murders.

David Berkowitz signed some of the Son of Sam latters with this symbol:

leg_son_sam4.jpg

You'll notice the inverted cross. That symbol was later found drawn onto a phone book that was found at the residence of John Carr.

Here's a bit from the unsolved.com page about Berkowitz getting involved with the cult:

Prison sources who knew Berkowitz told Maury Terry that Berkowitz had been introduced to the cult by John Carr’s brother, Michael, in the 70’s. According to Maury Terry:

“Michael Carr ended up inviting Berkowitz to attend what he called ‘a floating coven party’. And Berkowitz came in and attended the party and symbolically, not literally, but symbolically, the .44 was put into his hand that night. That’s how he got into the cult scene.”

Six months after Berkowitz's arrest, John Carr was found dead. It was ruled a suicide, but some think he was murdered. I think that either way it's suspicious.

The note that I posted in the OP references both the "22 disciples of hell," which some speculate refers to the members of the cult, as well as "John Wheaties." It was later found out that John Carr's nickname was Wheaties.

I'll leave you with this final excerpt from the Unsolved page:

Berkowitz admitted during two different court depositions that he knew both John and Michael Carr and that they were part of a satanic cult. And, he said the brothers were killed to keep them from talking. Maury Terry believes that the deaths of the Carr brothers may have been organized by the “22 disciples of Hell” mentioned in the Breslin letter. Maury also says this satanic group performed their rituals in a local park that was just one mile from Berkowitz’s apartment:

“I got a call from a young boy in Yonkers, a 15-year old high school sophomore, wanted to know if I knew that there was a satanic cult that was meeting in Untermyer Park in Yonkers and killing dogs. And so I met him down there, he showed me where the cult was meeting. We saw all the satanic graffiti. Saw the remains of probably two or three German Shepherds. It was a very significant development in the case.”

It seems to me that there is enough reason to at least be open to the possibility that there's more to the story than just David Berkowitz, the lone gunman.

It also references "John Wheaties," and it was later found out that John Carr's nickname was Wheaties.

Thanks. Let me start here. Nickname indicates some common usage. Was this note made public? If so, wouldn't someone rat out the guy. It's a pretty odd name. Not like Big Jim or something. Just not sure how credible it is that was actually the dude's nickname.

Thanks. Let me start here. Nickname indicates some common usage. Was this note made public? If so, wouldn't someone rat out the guy. It's a pretty odd name. Not like Big Jim or something. Just not sure how credible it is that was actually the dude's nickname.

Well the note was obviously made public eventually, but I'm not sure when exactly.

Here's Maury Terry's comment on the matter:

I learned that the 'John Wheaties, rapist and suffocator,' alias of the killer in the Breslin letter, was not really an alias at all, but it was the name of a real person. That person was John Carr, who was the real-life son of Sam Carr. John Carr's nickname was Wheaties. And I learned this within a day of the arrest.

We couldn't rule out the possibility that Terry is just making shit up out of whole cloth. But he was a serious and respected journalist, so that seems unlikely.

It's also possible of course that whoever gave him this information was bullshitting him. So that's something to consider. But I lean toward giving Terry some respect here and presuming that he properly vetted the information before just running with it.

Well the note was obviously made public eventually, but I'm not sure when exactly.

Here's Maury Terry's comment on the matter:

We couldn't rule out the possibility that Terry is just making shit up out of whole cloth. But he was a serious and respected journalist, so that seems unlikely.

It's also possible of course that whoever gave him this information was bullshitting him. So that's something to consider. But I lean toward giving Terry some respect here and presuming that he properly vetted the information before just running with it.

Assuming that was the dude's nickname (outside the confines of the cult), wouldn't it make sense that it would be easy to corroborate? If you saw that killer's note in the paper and knew a guy named John Wheaties would you speak up at some point?

Assuming that was the dude's nickname (outside the confines of the cult), wouldn't it make sense that it would be easy to corroborate? If you saw that killer's note in the paper and knew a guy named John Wheaties would you speak up at some point?

I would suspect that, if he's the type of dude to be involved with a Satanic, German Shepherd-sacrificing cult, then he probably didn't have much in the way of normal friends. It's entirely possible that it was only a few people who knew him by this nickname and those people aren't the type to go talk to police.

I think another possibility is that police knew that was John Carr's nickname but concluded that Berkowitz just threw it into the note for the hell of it. So in their view it was just Berkowitz bullshitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cubo de Sangre, here's an article on the potential Manson-Berkowitz connection that you might find interesting:

http://crimefeed.com/2017/08/the-pr...an-cult-connect-son-of-sam-to-charles-manson/

I think it's interesting, but really, I think that whether or not Berkowitz has any tenuous link to Manson is neither here nor there. All that's really important is linking him to a local cult that was active during the time of the murders.

This looks like quite the rabbit-hole. Loved me some Feral House Publishing back in the day.

propaganda2.jpg

Back