Reminder: McGregor KOd Poirier in Round 1

Hey, great thread OP. We really needed more cuckboy conor fans making threads reliving past accomplishments while the division moves on from him.

Good job!!!

Because flash KOs always determine the winner of a rematch...
Dude.

Don't be that guy...please, for the sake of your soul, don't be that guy.

Hate Conor as much as you want. That's fine. But don't try to pretend that Conor didn't counter KO the fuck out of Peahead or that it was "luck"

Conor would destroy Khabib, point shots, easy...

do haters think conor flash KOs all his opponents?

Clearly not, Conor has a 100% record when it goes the distance too. So you can misuse that stat to prove he doesn't gas out, if you want.

Not even sure who the guy who ko’d the other guy is?

First shot hardly landed.
Following punches to the back of the head.

DQ.

Conor is elite. Despite all his BS the guy can KO basically anyone not named Diaz at 155 and under. None of his wins were lucky flash KO's. He has the best hands at his weight in MMA. Simple as that, just wish he would actually fight and talk a bit less.

I wouldn't give him guaranteed KOs over Holloway, Ferguson, or Khabib.

yep.

he also played basketball with his head afterwards.

You should watch it again...lucky glancing blow right behind Dustin's ear put him down...it was a close fight up to then.

I watched it earlier today, that shot was not "lucky" in the least bit.. how many 1st round KOs do you have to have before it becomes not "lucky?"

I watched it earlier today, that shot was not "lucky" in the least bit.. how many 1st round KOs do you have to have before it becomes not "lucky?"
It was a competitive round and a lucky punch to land right behind the ear. Obviously it wasn't aimed there, and landing anywhere else wouldn't have hurt Poirier, as he had already taken several shots on the chin. Not a fan of either of these guys, but 'lucky' is really the only way to describe THAT punch and finish. They've both improved a ton since then and it would be a good fight at 155.

Hold on, what year are we in? I'm not saying Conor doesn't beat him again but to think that a fight from 4yrs. ago will be the same now is dumber than fuck, especially when you consider how hungry pre-champion Conor was. Also keep in mind that Dustin never fought again at 145 after the Conor fight.

prolly cause he knew Connor was just a better fighter

Dustin knew what greatness felt like that night, and he decided to fight bigger guys instead LOL

Khabib fan here, and dustin has no business getting a title shot, hes a small pea head, conor first shot at the title, ferguson when he comes back

Because flash KOs always determine the winner of a rematch...
conor vs dustin was not a flash ko. Conor clowned him the entire time with incredible movement and well placed shots. I know it's in vouge to hate on conor, but don't take that one away from him. IMO it was one of his absolute best performances. I know it's a short fight but you really should do yourself the favour of watching it again, it was an absolutely flawless performance.

Reminder
Deal with it or join him.

He's really only had two flash kos hasn't he? Aldo and porier?

I wouldn't call either of those "Flash ko's" a flash ko is when someones lights go out and they come right back on like the got ko'd for just a second. Frankie vs maynard 2 would be a good example of a flash ko. I also believe that weidman flash ko'd Silva with a shot in the clinch that dropped him. on replay you can see his eyes roll back into his skull.

atleast that's what I've always believed to be a flash ko. The dustin and aldo were straight one punch ko's.

How many athletes in their prime are so inactive that you have to remind people of their accomplishments?

Back