Most Phenomenal Film You've Ever Seen?

maybe I need to rewatch it....but when I saw this movie all I could think to myself was "what the fuck? REALLY??" I thought it was so boring and cringey.

I'm never opposed to giving something a second chance though

Agreed, I hated it too but didnt finish, will revisit.

th

Big Trouble in Little China
This x 10000 I recently found out theres a whole comic book series that takes place after the movie. I just picked up the first chapter, it was pretty funny.

Tweeness is a funny word to say aloud.

I was thinking about Wes Anderson the other day, remarking how this current iteration is quite refine technically-speaking. He seems to have dialed in what he wants, and what he wants is something like a Warner's Bros cartoon mixed in with a little Kubrick. It's almost easy to forget he's the guy who gave us one of the most heart-breaking -- and real -- depictions of slashing one's own wrists. I think THAT'S who Wes Anderson is, beneath the layers of technique, and if he let go on the cutesy-wootsy he'd probably venture into Sofia Coppola territory, or even PT Anderson. I feel like he has something more to say, than drolly reciting the absurdity of manners.

The problem I think is that you have an easy market when it comes to querky but unchallanging middle class comedies of manners that its rather easy to play to when you've gotten noticed. Again it does seem to be quite a common occurrence with such directors which makes Jonze keeping more edge to his work a pleasant supprise.

I'd add as well that the alien boy in Her is very clearly based on visiting Sherdog. ;)

Last edited:
There are films that I've rated higher and I think are better, but Drive is the film that comes to mind here. That shit was so unique and special, and flawlessly executed. I thought it was stunning

motel scene was definitely first of its kind

Latin Plump Humpers #47.
That was a good one, and should be ranked higher among successful sequels, IMO. Many purists have argued that the series "jumped the shark" after episode #30, but IMO the cinematography, plot lines and character development continue to reach new levels and are worthy of all the accolades and critical acclaim.

Back