How many days holiday do you get??

I get 15 days PTO, and currently work about 55ish hours a week.

28 days paid, 2 RDOs a month (wich I have payed out) and 1 week of every 3 to 4 weeks depending on my roster. I work most public holidays as it double time and a half

I'm self employed so none. But I only work 3 days a week at this point so I'm off more than I am on.

Same here. But I am a bit lucky that my job still continues to pay if I take a day off. But if I take a week off I come back to being wayyyy behind.

Like a month's worth... I've never had that much before... That's the most appealing thing about this job!

And I live in the U.S.

28 days vacation + about 15 state holidays.

Canada checking in. i work for the government. i'm 13 years in. I get 20 days not including stat holidays or sick days. I get another 5 days in 2 years to take it to 25. if i changed unions i could get another 5.

In my last position we got a sweet deal on on-call and sometimes could get as much as 25 hours (3-4 days of paid time) in a week for only working 4-6 hours total. was a sweet deal. I took a new job with higher pay, but no oncall.

our standard hours are 37 hours/week

Don't know what OP is complaining about. I get 22.5 vacation days, 180 hrs. +10 company holidays +5-7 days of sick leave every year. Comes out to 37.5+ which is way better than those Euro bums.

The minimum is probably around 10 days vacation, 10 holidays, 5 sick leave days = 25 days.

seven and a half weeks,as i work shifts i can plan it so i get more time off.

18 days vacation leave
11 days of public holidays, spread throughout the year.

Plus extra stuff like:
2 days of 'parent care leave'
1 extra day off during your birthday month.
2 days of sick leave with no evidence.

^ all of which is unofficially used as vacation leave.

It gets way way better if you have kids too with loads of "childcare leave" etc.
If you are getting married you get another 3 days, you get 5 days for the death of a reliative, up to 5 days per year of "exam leave"

Happy to be a public servant

<Moves>

10 paid public holidays
10 paid sick leave
25 annual leave (you accure and get paid for what's left when you leave)
Also earn 4.3 days long service leave but can't get them till youve done 10 years.
10 days if you have a kid.
2 days compassionate leave if a direct family member dies.

Seeing all applied to me this year I got 57 days, and accured another 4.3 but will only get those if stay another 7.5 years.

I support myself and don't need to ask somone for time off. Y'all be some slaves.

Six weeks paid

10 paid sickdays a year

27 vacation days, 14 sick days and unlimited comp days off (cover each other's shifts one day and get a day off regular shift)

In Australia it's
20 days holidays
10 days sick leave where I work any way but we can bank our overtime to holidays so I work 12 hours Sunday at double time which let's me bank 24 hours to my holidays up to 100 hours

It depends on which company you work for. It sounds like the big tech companies encourage you to take holidays and give you 'volunteer days' from what i read, where you go out and volunteer for a cause but still get paid for it by the company.

I don't imagine all companies being like this though. It just depends where you work.

Back