Does anyone here think Phil Davis is a tough fight for Jon Jones

who'd win

• Total voters
well I think phil davis won both bader fight.
Lol it really doesn't matter who won that fight, It was terrible. If Jones can handle the wrestling of DC and Rashad, then Phil Davis shouldn't be a problem. Phil Davis' wrestling in the UFC has actually been a little disappointing to tell the you the truth.

Last edited:
Depends on what kind of 'roids jones would be on for that fight. If he was on whatever he took prior to the osp bout, davis would have a good chance.

Lol it really doesn't matter who won that fight, It was terrible. If Jones can handle the wrestling of DC and Rashad, then Phil Davis shouldn't be a problem.

If jones could handle the wrestling of dc and rashad, gustafsson shouldn't be a problem...oh, wait.

Depends on what kind of 'roids jones would be on for that fight. If he was on whatever he took prior to the osp bout, davis would have a good chance.

If jones could handle the wrestling of dc and rashad, gustafsson shouldn't be a problem...oh, wait.
I like Phil honestly but his wrestling wasnt as good in MMA as we all thought it would be and his striking is underwhelmingy predictable. Roids or no roids it's gonna take a well rounded fighter to take out Jones. The OSP fight told us nothing about how Phil Davis could ever outwrestle or outstrike Jones. Not sure where you're going with that one.

Last edited:
Poor Phil the unblackest black guy in mma, even Platinum Mike Perry out blacks him...

ColossalDecentIguana-size_restricted.gif

I like Phil honestly but his wrestling wasnt as good in MMA as we all thought it would be and his striking is underwhelmingy predictable. Roids are no roids it's gonna take a well rounded fighter to take out Jones. The OSP fight told us nothing about how Phil Davis could ever outwrestle or outstrike Jones. Not sure where you're going with that one.
Don't bother @Kirin is a weak disturbed individual.

I've been saying this for years....

IMO, he matches up very well with Jones, and would give him very significant problems. Davis is really hard to hit, and his overall grappling is excellent. The fight would be very interesting.

Davis is literally better than DC at nothing.

50-44, 50-44, 50-43 Jones

I like Phil honestly but his wrestling wasnt as good in MMA as we all thought it would be and his striking is underwhelmingy predictable. Roids are no roids it's gonna take a well rounded fighter to take out Jones. The OSP fight told us nothing about how Phil Davis could ever outwrestle or outstrike Jones. Not sure where you're going with that one.

His defensive wrestling was still pretty damn good and when jones can't get his opponents down, he isn't as dangerous on the feet since his opponents can let go of their hands and feet more.

The osp fight is what some consider to be a "clean" jones, and he looked extremely pedestrian vs mediocre opposition who barely had time to train.

Don't bother @Kirin is a weak disturbed individual.

Son, you worship a known degenerate who has been busted for peds and estrogen blockers, and hit & ran from a scene where the other driver was a pregnant woman. You're the last person on here who needs to be calling anyone else disturbed.

Jones would neutralize Davis' wrestling, easily outstrike him, and catch a good amount of Davis' telegraphed kicks for TDs of his own.

Jones cruises to a 50-45 or 50-44 dec. Credit to Phil's cardio and toughness, he'd not likely get finished.

This

Davis took the worst kind of loss against Rashad. He just got shutdown, outclassed in every area and got beat up.
It just ended his hope of being a top tier guy, there was a gulf of talent there.

Remember, Jones did to a lesser extent the same thing to Rashad.

Can't pick against Jones.

But I would have loved to see that fight. I think Davis has a better shot than most people give him credit for. He has excellent wrestling and is quite big and long.

It all comes down to him being able to get Jones down. If he can get him down he can outgrapple him imo.

However chances ar Jones keeps it standing and outpoints him to a clear decision win.

Need an option to vote where the fuck are his traps?

His defensive wrestling was still pretty damn good and when jones can't get his opponents down, he isn't as dangerous on the feet since his opponents can let go of their hands and feet more.
Lol Jones has fucked up everyone he's ever fought including OSP. To say he isn't dangerous on the feet is just not true. All of his opponent's leave the cage battered and bruised, all of them. Also OSP on short notice is still a better striker than Phil Davis on his best day.

Last edited:
Davis has good wrestling and control, but his standup is really lacking and Jones would just beat him up on the feet. Jones is a great wrestler himself and I can't see Davis being able to wrestlefuck Jones at all. Jones would pick him apart.

Phil Fckin Davis, as good as he is, he is no match for Jones or Cormier

Jon would bully him. Its not even close

Back