I like it how Khabib just offers a title defense to Dustin Poitier while McGregor

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
just sits around for 500 days and defends nothing. That’s a class act by Khabib.

jsgguw.jpg

<Fedor23>
Unlike Conor, Khabib doesn't have an option where he could generate 60+ mil from a boxing match.

Straight after the fight against Garthje he offers Poirier interest to defend his title against him that’s pretty cool... while McGregor never responded to Ferguson to unify the belts. McGregor is only playing around and fight at best against a Bus.

That is what happens when you generate such little money for the company that you have no pull or say in who you fight ultimately. It's the difference between having options and not.

That is what happens when you generate such little money for the company that you have no pull or say in who you fight ultimately. It's the difference between having options and not.

That’s Bullshit Khabib is a draw. Khabib just says, if he can’t beat them I’m not worth Champion, so he just wants to defend his title while your McGregor done shit in terms of title defenses. Just playing the Diva. Money isn’t a excuse not defending a title.

Or is it Kabib's way of ducking the guy who KO'd Porier in the first round?

That’s Bullshit Khabib is a draw. Khabib just says, if he can’t beat them I’m not worth Champion, so he just wants to defend his title while your McGregor done shit in terms of title defenses. Just playing the Diva. Money isn’t a excuse not defending a title.
Khabin talks about legacy. Conir talks about money. :cool:

Khabib only fights strikers he knows he can lay on for 20 mins.

Pathetic.

Lol i remember when being a champ was all about defending but now with the new "fans", it's all about money

Lol i remember when being a champ was all about defending but now with the new "fans", it's all about money
It's not all about money, but to ignore the financial side of things and the impact it has on matchmaking is just ignoring reality.

In the previous era that you're referring to, during which "being a champ was all about defending", the potential to face up against one of the highest paid athletes in the world in another sport entirely just wasn't there, so it wasn't really a subject worthy to bring up in the same sense. When we're talking a 100 million payday vs 5 million, then yeah, it's a substantial enough difference that you just can't not bring it up.

How come Alvarez didn't get the nod? Khabib afraid of his wrestling?

It’s a favourable match for Khabib but still I like how he is keen to defend.

lets not act like defending your belt is special. just remember that mcgregor is an anomaly in all this. you could make this thread about almost any champion, this isn't a khabib thread, it's a conor bash.

<Fedor23>
Unlike Conor, Khabib doesn't have an option where he could generate 60+ mil from a boxing match.
Yeah and if he did, he'd exercise that option

You're wrong it's always only been about the money. champions historically have always made the most money. so yes, being champion and defending said belt, made the most money. which is why so many of them were eager to do it.

Back