Do you feel nervous and uncomfortable around the police?

Sometimes but I've never had a bad experience with a cop, in fact they've been lenient in the few interactions with my family and I. We don't really fit the profile of the sorts of people who would make them nervous I imagine. We are Muslim but even then we don't exactly come off as Salafists and I doubt your average street cop on the beat is worried about terrorism anyhow.

EDIT: Sometimes I do got out and smoke weed with my buddies so if we see a cop car then of course we get nervous but when I'm stoned every car makes me nervous.

I am a sovereign citizen so they get nervous around me

I've got nothing to worry about but there is a brief and slight moment of tension when I see them.

Depends on the situation, but in most cases no.

I've always been curious about how driving while black works. I can't figure out anyone's skin color while driving behind them unless the vehicle is just over-the-top stereotypical.

Do cops run random tags and when they find the car of a black their computer starts making slot machine sounds? Or do they some type of x-ray vision to see through window tint? Or, unbeknownst to them, blacks have some type of star of David type thing on their vehicles?

Oh yeah, I get nervous but I'm also overly polite and I keep my hand on the steering wheel/in clear view, and repeat their instructions while letting them know if I'm reaching for identification or registration. Seems to work out...I get a little pissy once the fart snorkeler decides to give me a ticket for my frivolous offense.

6591eeec61cd55819eed630409344722626faa549b049b5ccb38b8dc33cc7612.jpg

The last time I was pulled over by a police car he walked up to my window and told me he did not ticket military veterans, and then proceeded to tell me to have a nice day.

I feel nervous around anyone who dresses up in a costume and think they have authority over others.

Ugh... I hate threads full of the

"If you follow the law, you have nothing to worry about" Types.
479xo.jpg

To answer the question though, no, I do not fear the cops because...

If I am not breaking the law, I shouldn't have to worry and if cops want to kill me in spite of that I can't do anything about it anyway, so why worry? *shrugs*

Only after I've done 50 in a 30 and hear the sirens. Then they always fly past me because they're off to something else thankfully.

That few seconds of fear is deep though. Very.

I've met some very nice and polite cops, however I'd say its 50/50 whether they're nice or complete dicks. Unfortunately I think any position with some power inevitably attracts people who are looking to abuse it or gain a sense of superiority over others.

I wouldn't say I'm generally uncomfortable around them so much as nervous it's a chance that you'll get the type of cop who needs to prove his dick is bigger than yours

I did when I was younger. Mostly because as a teenager I would hang out in public places, and commit minor crimes like drinking and smoking pot. That behavior put me on edge, and under more scrutiny. I knew the cops that came into my work back then and wasn't nervous when they were around, though.

I'm older now, I don't break the law with any kind of intent or frequency, pot is even legal where I live now, though I rarely use it. I can recall at around age 26, walking to my apartment from the train station and a bunch of cops came running/biking up behind me. One of the bumped me very slightly, stopped his pursuit and apologized, called me sir. I figured at that point I was no longer at any real risk from run ins with police.

I've always been curious about how driving while black works. I can't figure out anyone's skin color while driving behind them unless the vehicle is just over-the-top stereotypical.

Do cops run random tags and when they find the car of a black their computer starts making slot machine sounds? Or do they some type of x-ray vision to see through window tint? Or, unbeknownst to them, blacks have some type of star of David type thing on their vehicles?

Oh yeah, I get nervous but I'm also overly polite and I keep my hand on the steering wheel/in clear view, and repeat their instructions while letting them know if I'm reaching for identification or registration. Seems to work out...I get a little pissy once the fart snorkeler decides to give me a ticket for my frivolous offense.

Police are often on roadsides watching cars/driver, they also look out for breaks from the ordinary. If you're in a predominantly white neighborhood, any minority driver will likely be viewed with suspicion both due to racism, and due to the notion (true or not) that he is an outsider. That only flows in the opposite direction in specific cases, and really only impact the most haggard looking or young white people.

Naw, I got my Morgan Freeman Protocol all locked loaded and ready.

I've only ever had positive interaction with police...but I can honestly say I hate when there is one driving behind me

Only if I'm doing something I'm not suppose to be doing, which is not often. Usually this involves some type of potential minor traffic violation. Actually depending on the situation I am happy to see more police prescene. I give credit for people being police officers. It can be a risky job, especially now a days with the negative backlash and the type of national media coverage it gets due to a few bad seeds or an overblown event.

Back