What is the current sentiment on GSP?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is he a GOAT or is he a DUCK?

Is he a calculated assassin or an inhibited scaredy cat?

Is he smart or is he an opportunist?

In 20 years time, will people look at him as someone who has done it all, or someone who should have done more?

Does he inspire or does he aggravate?

Guy is unbelievable and will be remembered as an all time great. Looking at what hes done its hard to take that away.

I have him as GOAT, but he's definitely an opportunist. Call it smart if you like though, might be the same thing.

Beating Bisping was just icing on the cake. Anyone calling him a ducker is forgetting he beat the most number of ranked contenders consecutively out of any MMA fighter, many of whom were riding crazy streaks. See the combined records and ranks of his opponents, and nobody comes close.

He’s smart for wanting no part of Anderson.

Dude had 40 pounds on an opponent and still chose to cheat and grease.

Last GOAT standing...

BHGghrP.gif

The suggestion that he has to be one extreme or the other in each case is ridiculous.
He is what he is, the best WW of his generation who came back and won a belt at a higher weight class.
You can try and pick his record apart and play Bisping down but it doesn't change what GSP did,

Is he a GOAT or is he a DUCK?

Is he a calculated assassin or an inhibited scaredy cat?

Is he smart or is he an opportunist?

In 20 years time, will people look at him as someone who has done it all, or someone who should have done more?

Does he inspire or does he aggravate?
Bisping, Hendricks, Diaz, Condit, Shields,koscheck, hardy, alves, penn,fitch, serra, hughes, koscheck, hughes,penn, sherk, trigg, miller, parisyan, among others.

The problem with saying GSP ducked fighters is that during his reign and prime he fought only the best. There were no other fighters to face. I'm surely not aware of them. He defended his belt against a lot of different people. They were also almost all in their prime when he fought them. Granted the bisping fight both fighters were way past prime.

I think GSP now has the right to only fight who he wants. When GSP left, there was nothing else to prove in his division. Name a fighter he ducked before he stopped fighting. GSP doesn't have the energy to stay the champ for another run like he did. So why bother? I think what he's doing is picking money making fights. I'd prob do the same if I reached that point in my career.

I have him as GOAT, but he's definitely an opportunist. Call it smart if you like though, might be the same thing.
I agree but to be fair he only got really opportunistic with Bisping.

He always fought the guys put in front of him. He once opted for Diaz over Hendricks but he still fought Hendricks a few months later. He is not to blame for the decision. His plans of taking a break have been known before the fight. And he did only get the shot over Whittaker because Robert was injured. He still hasn't been able to fight. So it's hard to argue GSP took anything from him.

Imo he more than earned his shot to be opportunistic. Also he still brings in more money for the UFC than 99% of all UFC fighters.

And he is not holding up divisions . He vacated both his belts knowing he would not defend them in the near future or at all.

Some people choose to believe the worst of him and try to find stuff to hold against him. But imo he is a good guy looking for his own best interest without being overly unfair to other fighters.

He's the greatest of all time.

2 division champ, never failed a drug test, avenged all his loses in brutal fashion.

Anyone who calls him a coward should be IP banned.

He is p4p GOAT. @Sapp nailed it already. Opportunist as anyone who is in the GOAT discussion should be.

people want to put GSP down with the bisping fight when bisping is top 5 mw of all time maybe top 3 with silva and henderson ahead of him and weidman close to him. And is the best clean MW in ufc history for the moment. Thats just show how good GSP is when you try to down him with a win against one of the best MW and the BEST clean MW in UFC history after 4 years off

He's the GOAT but I'm very disappointed that he didn't really come back.
I think he opportunistically fought at middleweight, and now is chasing big fights, not really being a real champion and fighting all the time.

I wanted to see GSP fight 3X per year and exit after 1 or 2 years. Not fight once in a while.
I truly think he is still the greatest MMA fighter P4P and thought it a real waste to do it like he did.
I think 2018-2019 were the last years he really should have fought. After he's getting old and without fight experience its pretty much de-facto retirement.

I think GSP doesn't really have the killer instinct to be champion and fight all the time (despite the fact he fucking could wipe out the opposition). Then again I dont blame him...He is rich and doesnt need brain damage. He can focus on other things in his life.

Back