Dustins chances against Conor in a rematch?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This time at LW, hard to see Conor not catching him but who the heck knows..

Dustin still gets hit too much. Conor takes it.

Dustin still gets hit too much. Conor takes it.
I think Dustin will shoot in a lot and mix wrestling with striking. Not saying it wouldn't go down the same but it would be a different fight.

Not great, I'm a fan of Dustin, but he's a hooker.

Conor's precise straight punching style will always leave him eating shots.

He still plays right into Conor's strengths.

He is a good but not great striker without a real wrestling threat. His grappling is good but I don't see him being able to get continuous TDs.

And he would stand with him a lot.

Him beating Khabib would certainly lower Conor's price though.

I will be surprised if he makes it out of first. Dustin can't take that left hand.

He still plays right into Conor's strengths.

He is a good but not great striker without a real wrestling threat. His grappling is good but I don't see him being able to get continuous TDs.

And he would stand with him a lot.

Him beating Khabib would certainly lower Conor's price though.
Dustin has far less chance of beating Khabib than Conor, that's the easiest fight Khabib could ask for....

And he did.

#1 bullshit

Probably better. But I'd probably still lean towards conor unless he's gotten negligent with training and declined.

Dustin has far less chance of beating Khabib than Conor, that's the easiest fight Khabib could ask for....

And he did.

#1 bullshit
I never said I would pick him over Khabib.

Also he is a legit contender now that Ferg is out. It's between him or Alvarez.

I never said I would pick him over Khabib.

Also he is a legit contender now that Ferg is out. It's between him or Alvarez.
Conor is the only fight to make, anything else from each man's perspective is poor form.

Surely you would admit that Dustin is the easiest stylistic choice for Khabib.

Not saying Dustin ain't a legit contender I'm a fan and would like to see him get a shot, but for Khabib's team to reach out and and say we want you reeks of cherry picking.

Careful what you wish for.

Last edited:
I think this time he beats Conor. Because, he will be more careful knowing he was KO/TKO the first time. Also, other fighters have exposed Conor as a 1 1/2 round fighter. By the middle of round 2, Conor is gassed out. So, you have to push him for 2 rounds and he will break.

Conor 's boxing improved since their fight... another KO

Dustin punches without moving his feet

Conor sleeps him again

If Poirior takes the fight to the ground its a sure win, but he would have to get the takedown and i dont remember him having great takedows, probably will look the same as Poirior would stand with him.

Conor is the only fight to make, anything else from each man's perspective is poor form.

Surely you would admit that Dustin is the easiest stylistic choice for Khabib.

Not saying Dustin ain't a legit contender I'm a fan and would like to see him get a shot, but for Khabib's team to reach and and say we want you reeks of cherry picking.

Careful what you wish for.
Conor is probably pricing himself out so what other fight is there if you want to see a LW title fight inside 6 months?

Conor is probably pricing himself out so what other fight is there if you want to see a LW title fight inside 6 months?
You have no idea if Conor is pricing himself out, just saying it doesn't make it so.

Leaves that chin exposed too much. Dustin probably gets smoked within 2

You have no idea if Conor is pricing himself out, just saying it doesn't make it so.
His last MMA fight was in 2016 & he has said sweet fuck all about upcoming fights , just having an extended break then ?

Back