I like it how Khabib just offers a title defense to Dustin Poitier while McGregor

<Fedor23>
Unlike Conor, Khabib doesn't have an option where he could generate 60+ mil from a boxing match.
Khabib is friends with a billionnaire, he is set for life and lives with his parents. The guy doesn't give a fuck about money, only the legacy.
Yeah i know it's hard to grasp for Connor's fanboys whose only argument is: "But but Connor makes tons of money"

If McWantA100Mil comes out & says he wants the fight & soon thats 1 thing but all is silent on the Western front . It leaves Khalabib with no options but to look else where .

That’s Bullshit Khabib is a draw. Khabib just says, if he can’t beat them I’m not worth Champion, so he just wants to defend his title while your McGregor done shit in terms of title defenses. Just playing the Diva. Money isn’t a excuse not defending a title.

I know for fact, If conor fought Iaquinta he'd do at least 800k buys. you can say he's "A draw" but if that's the case what the fuck is conor? You can't even attribute this number to khabib IMO. The rose vs joanna fight on a card as the headline likely would have drew more than the khabib fight. and don't bring up the fact it wasn't tony. last time tony headlined i believe it was in the
under 200k range.

How come Alvarez didn't get the nod? Khabib afraid of his wrestling?
Alvarez was a one and done champ who has only won one fight since losing the title. He should need at least one more win to get back into the title picture.

It's not all about money, but to ignore the financial side of things and the impact it has on matchmaking is just ignoring reality.

In the previous era that you're referring to, during which "being a champ was all about defending", the potential to face up against one of the highest paid athletes in the world in another sport entirely just wasn't there, so it wasn't really a subject worthy to bring up in the same sense. When we're talking a 100 million payday vs 5 million, then yeah, it's a substantial enough difference that you just can't not bring it up.
I get your point entirely but the belt is a joke now. I find it laughable that people criticise Khabib for actually wanting to defend.

I get your point entirely but the belt is a joke now. I find it laughable that people criticise Khabib for actually wanting to defend.
Well this I can fully agree with. Why would somebody criticize a fighter for actually wanting to fight?

<Dylan>

Khabib is friends with a billionnaire, he is set for life and lives with his parents. The guy doesn't give a fuck about money, only the legacy.
Yeah i know it's hard to grasp for Connor's fanboys whose only argument is: "But but Connor makes tons of money"
<bball1>

I don't think leeching off the dictator's blood money isn't something Khabib would want to do in the long term.

Certainly not something to be proud of either.

<bball1>

I don't think leeching off the dictator's blood money isn't something Khabib would want to do in the long term.

It's fucking insane how some people bring up Khabib's relationship with a Chechnyan warlord and a shady Dagestani oligarch and put a positive spin on it. Like every other fighter should be jealous of that?

You're wrong it's always only been about the money. champions historically have always made the most money. so yes, being champion and defending said belt, made the most money. which is why so many of them were eager to do it.
Yes i get that but now champs are not defending against certain contenders all because the person isn't a draw etc. No heart

<bball1>

this, atleast conors riches are his own.

Yes i get that but now champs are not defending against certain contenders all because the person isn't a draw etc. No heart
I feel you. but it's the reason why fitch couldn't get a second title shot. It's been going on a long while.

Its better if the fans of the Irish duck dont comment here. Afterall this thread is about defending a belt.

Are people seriously mad that Khabib wants to defend his belt while Conor gets arrested to avoid that responsibility? And then they’re bragging about how much money Conor makes? One question for these “fans” of the sport: what’s it like to be a financial cuckold?

Back