I like it how Khabib just offers a title defense to Dustin Poitier while McGregor

<Fedor23>
Unlike Conor, Khabib doesn't have an option where he could generate 60+ mil from a boxing match.
He also didn't take maternity leave and let's be honest, Conor just wanted to party for 9 months because a dedicated father and husband wouldn't pull the retarded crap he pulled and get arrested for hooliganism.

It's bizzare. "Haha this bum won't make shit fighting this guy"
I guess now that I think about it, you did have a point in the post I originally quoted: people that look at fighter pay as some sort of a dick-measuring contest actually exist, and I agree, they are fucking bizarre. It's not their money...

I guess now that I think about it, you did have a point in the post I originally quoted: people that look at fighter pay as some sort of a dick-measuring contest actually exist, and I agree, they are fucking bizarre. It's not their money...
For me ist not about the Money, but i can critizice him. He should challenge himself not only defend to get a win and brag about it. If he defend, it should be against a challenger! Like the title itselfs says, it must be a challenge for the Champion and not a almost certain win. The Diamond is no challenge. Alvarez could be one.
I want to see him defend against Alvarez and then fight el Cucuy.

This forum is full of morons. Khabib fought 5 times since 2014. Conor almost doubled that. And he won two belts and KO'd Aldo and fought Mayweather.

For me ist not about the Money, but i can critizice him. He should challenge himself not only defend to get a win and brag about it. If he defend, it should be against a challenger! Like the title itselfs says, it must be a challenge for the Champion and not a alomost certain win. The Diamond is no challenge. Alvarez could be one.
I want to see him defend against Alvarez and then fight el Cucuy.
And how do you know that Poirier isn't a challenge before even seeing them fight? I certainly don't think so.

No one is unbeatable, and while I definitely think Khabib would be a big favourite vs Poirier, of course Dustin still has a chance to win. Let's not forget that we're talking about professionals of whooping ass at the very highest level: everybody is a challenge in that sense.

While Khabib defends the belt, Conor is walking around his house searching for his fake belt with his spit bucket to spitshine "his" belt

Yeah i'm not great at writing out my thoughts haha but yes I suppose I was thinking more of certain attititudes from certain fanbases. I'd much rather have guys like BJ Penn or Matt Hughes who just wanna beat guys up and be the best rather than payday chasers. However, the sport has evolved and will continue to

poitierportrait_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqRp36Ti1MFCYr8PMuS2fHb17hoDUspm84EYl8tHPMRlk.jpg

Yeah i'm not great at writing out my thoughts haha but yes I suppose I was thinking more of certain attititudes from certain fanbases. I'd much rather have guys like BJ Penn or Matt Hughes who just wanna beat guys up and be the best rather than payday chasers. However, the sport has evolved and will continue to
Nah man, you're doing fine.

I'm not a native speaker and I tend to misinterpret a lot of things on here. Mistook you for the usual Conor hater with no perspective on the fighting game, so apologies for that.

Yeah, I miss those times aswell. It was the era that made me big enough of a fan that I'm still watching more than a decade later, but like you said, sport has evolved and times do change... Passion for fighting and martial arts just doesn't cut it no more, it's the era of social media and attention whoring.

Lol at pretending that Conor wouldn’t defend too if Poirier was being pushed as one of his contenders over all the better and higher ranked guys.

and while I definitely think Khabib would be a big favourite vs Poirier, of course Dustin still has a chance to win.
Come on, you sayed yourself. a big favourite.
Dont confuse having a Chance with being a challenge. Like you sayed, the diamont is one of the best in the world in whooping ass, he certaintly have a Chance to win this... but it is a slight one and that bc of who King Kebab have fought. Styles make matches and king Kebab knows that style very well and can handle that. The Diamond in no challenge for him.
Like i said, Alvarez could be one, Tony is one for sure.
I dont like the fact that he challenge Porier, he is underestimating him, he wants to get that easy win and brag about defending. Hope Porier surprise us.

Yes beating one of the greatest fighters of all time who just won the MW belt.. that won't do anything for his legacy...

<26>
<{Heymansnicker}>

Entire MMA community knows beating current GSP is not more impressive than beating Woodley.

Back