What is the current sentiment on GSP?

GOAT, 100%

and I say that as somebody that almost always rooted against him.

He is one of the best ever and super talented and skilled.

He fought the +1 contender for 50 years I think he deserves to pick a couple fights , fuck Randy came back & fought Sylvia & people went fucking crazy in joy for it .

GOAT by far. Keep in mind he's had two knee surgeries and is far from his prime and still managed to win the MW title.

Fedor is 2-4 in the cage under unified MMA rules, and none of those fights were in the UFC. If that is the record of a GOAT, then I am LOL at your opinion.
I stand corrected...

GSP is the GOAT in the cage under "unified" MMA rules in the UFC.

Fedor is the GOAT of fighting.

One of the GOATs for sure. His sherdog legacy has been tarnished however due to highly effective trolling strategies.

One of the greatest ever.

I stand corrected...

GSP is the GOAT in the cage under "unified" MMA rules in the UFC.

Fedor is the GOAT of fighting.
Fedor was an athlete who played a sport that no longer exists. It had a playing field and rules. There is no GOAT of fighting. If you want to be silly, knock yourself out. LOL

One of the smartest and most successful fighters in history.

Is he the most exciting or ballsy fighter? No. But he'll always be one of the GOATs, if PED's exclude Bones and Silva, then he's number one.

We know now he was never supposed to fight at MW, he actually hurt his body by overeating. But he won the title at MW and did so in devastating and exciting fashion. Can't take much away from him.

Is he a GOAT or is he a DUCK?

Is he a calculated assassin or an inhibited scaredy cat?

Is he smart or is he an opportunist?

In 20 years time, will people look at him as someone who has done it all, or someone who should have done more?

Does he inspire or does he aggravate?

Anybody who won't get into the cage with a UFC level fighter calling anybody who does get into the cage a 'scaredy cat' is incredibly pathetic. Its like an overweight guy who gets winded walking around the block calling anyone who makes it to the Olympics 'unathletic'.

Having said that, he's neither one extreme or the other. He's neither an assassin (he hasn't killed anyone) nor a scaredy cat (he gets into the cage with UFC fighters).

He seems fairly smart (I'm told his French is educated, and he speaks a second language, which takes a reasonable amount of intelligence), and he took an opportunity in fighting Bisping.

There's no such thing as an athlete who everyone thinks has done it all. Jordan, Gretzky, Ruth, Bolt, Pele, Ali all have their critics. For that matter, so do Einstein, Darwin, Mozart, Michelangelo, Shakespeare; thinking there's someone who everyone is going to say 'did it all' is naive.

And he clearly inspires some people and aggravates others.

The one stain on his legacy is the Hendricks fight. Not the fact he won a dubious decision but the fact he clearly realised the competiton had caught up and wanted no part of a rematch.

UFC GOAT without a doubt and by a long way.

Dominated all top contenders in his - stacked - division for a long time.

Avenged the only two losses in unquestionable ways.

Returned after years of retirement and several surgeries to finish the champion in a higher weight class.

Never failed a doping test and in fact campaigned vocally for more stringent and professional testing.

Always behaved like a true martial artist, with politeness, respect, humility and honor.

100% UFC GOAT and noone else is even close currently IMO.

UFC GOAT without a doubt and by a long way.

Dominated all top contenders in his - stacked - division for a long time.

Avenged the only two losses in unquestionable ways.

Returned after years of retirement and several surgeries to finish the champion in a higher weight class.

Never failed a doping test and in fact campaigned vocally for more stringent and professional testing.

Always behaved like a true martial artist, with politeness, respect, humility and honor.

100% UFC GOAT and noone else is even close currently IMO.

{<jordan}

Dude had 40 pounds on an opponent and still chose to cheat and grease.
Interesting, when did Georges weigh 210 lbs when he fought BJ Penn? Wait, that never happened. Also, it's not Georges' fault that BJ is an idiot trying to fight WWs who are more skilled than he is and giving up a size advantage.

20 lb difference at most. I bet it was more like 15, come fight night. Either way, he beat the everloving shit out of BJ. Grease did not cause that.

He's the closest thing to a perfect fighter besides Jones, who isn't clean.

Right now it's
Fedor, Silva, Jones,
MM, Aldo.

Miocic, Werdum, Nog, Tyron

#10 - GSP.

He's in the 4th tier of greats.

GOAT by far. Keep in mind he's had two knee surgeries and is far from his prime and still managed to win the MW title.

Not to mention, I just want to add that UFC 217 was one of the greatest cards of all time. Georges came back and headlined an all-time Top 10 card in most people's mind. For GSP to cap it with an exciting choke out win is something that illustrates the magnitude of that moment.

One of the GOATs for sure. His sherdog legacy has been tarnished however due to highly effective trolling strategies.

It hasn't been tarnished that much. In the last major GOAT poll GSP beat everyone by a wide margin including Fedor.

Back