Do you call out chronic BSers?

I had such a friend, as does everyone. We were at the house of a mutual buddy, whose Scottish mother had had enough of his bullshit. She had quietly listened to his tall tales for a decade, and finally she snapped. She recounted every story she had ever heard him tell, and asked him when he'd had the time to do all those things.

I'm not doing the moment justice, but it was like she'd dropped an atomic bomb. He had told her so many stories over the years and she had listened to them all politely, and in a painful minute she let him know that she had never, ever believed any of it, and that likely nobody else had either.

No, but I generally avoid those people. Though one of my cousins who is also my best friend is one of those guys. I just really hate awkward situations and I'm not about to instigate an awkward moment as I catch people in between lies. He's been lying since he was a little kid and his mom did nothing about it, it's ingrained at this point and he's a compulsive liar, the shit he lies about is so irrelevant at times and he gains nothing from it.

I had such a friend, as does everyone. We were at the house of a mutual buddy, whose Scottish mother had had enough of his bullshit. She had quietly listened to his tall tales for a decade, and finally she snapped. She recounted every story she had ever heard him tell, and asked him when he'd had the time to do all those things.

I'm not doing the moment justice, but it was like she'd dropped an atomic bomb. He had told her so many stories over the years and she had listened to them all politely, and in a painful minute she let him know that she had never, ever believed any of it, and that likely nobody else had either.
That sounds so epic.

I worked with a guy like that. He told how he got into trouble when he was 17 and the judge forced him to join the military in a secret program so there is no record that he served. He spent 4 years rescuing downed pilots and POWs in Vietnam. Then he told about how he worked on the railroad for 10 years. He was a welder making river barges for 9 years. Spent 7 years working road construction. Then he started talking about some other jobs he had. Somebody asked him how old he was and he said 34. The other guy pointed out he would have to be 47 just for what he already claimed.

I worked with a guy like that. He told how he got into trouble when he was 17 and the judge forced him to join the military in a secret program so there is no record that he served. He spent 4 years rescuing downed pilots and POWs in Vietnam. Then he told about how he worked on the railroad for 10 years. He was a welder making river barges for 9 years. Spent 7 years working road construction. Then he started talking about some other jobs he had. Somebody asked him how old he was and he said 34. The other guy pointed out he would have to be 47 just for what he already claimed.

I think they get lost in the fantasy and don't think anyone will ever question them.

No. I have a friend that has always been that way since I met him in high school. It always amazes me how freely he just throws his crazy stories/encounters with celebrities out there without any proof ever. I feel bad even if I embellish slightly, out of fear it'll be found out and I'll be marked for being full of shit.

Everyday in the OT magic happens.

Have a problem with a poster on the dawg, settle it in the OT

Don't have a problem with someone but wanna rustle jimmies, rustle away in the OT

Feel like telling a mod how you really feel, take it to the OT

Wanna release the true animal that lies deep inside, unleash him in the OT

OT, where men can be men and silly lost muppet cunts are bounced in the blink of an eye

Trucker? Those guys are the worst about creating a fictional life, with all the time they have alone in the truck. Couple hundred hours of listening to Richard Marcinko tapes and you're a special forces vet, and many work on the details of their story to get it just right. lol..clowns.

Everyday in the OT magic happens.

Have a problem with a poster on the dawg, settle it in the OT

Don't have a problem with someone but wanna rustle jimmies, rustle away in the OT

Feel like telling a mod how you really feel, take it to the OT

Wanna release the true animal that lies deep inside, unleash him in the OT

OT, where men can be men and silly lost muppet cunts are bounced in the blink of an eye

desperate for any shred of attention? ready to explore those homosexual urges you've always held back?

take it to the OT.

desperate for any shred of attention? ready to explore those homosexual urges you've always held back?

take it to the OT.

There you go that's the spirit! It's 2018 bud we won't judge your sexual preference, you wanna be gay that's a ok. Come share your out of closet experiences

There you go that's the spirit! It's 2018 bud we won't judge your sexual preference, you wanna be gay that's a ok. Come share your out of closet experiences

Not really. It doesnt have the effect people think it does when they do it. You do it because you think youre "exposing" them or "putting them in their place", but you dont accomplish anything. They arent gonna own up to it and usually double down and insist how true their stories are. As for other people, they tend to know how full of shit they are so you pointing it out is telling them something they already know.

So basically, calling them out on it is just wasting your time and everyone else time because it accomplishes nothing. Let them tell their story about kung fu fighting a bunch of ninjas and then change the subject. "Calling them out" only draws out the time the conversation is devoted to this topic story and doesnt make you look any better or make them look any worse.

Just on stuff I am passionate about like racism. I have no time for that. I dont sweat the small stuff though

I mean it should be easy to call it out. Something like “man, why you always so full of shit?”

I’ve posted about this guy I used to work with before.

Here are his list of accomplishments.

- elite black ops sniper with over 200 confirmed kills.

- mastered 13 musical instruments but also dabbled with another 5.

- multi million dollar entrepreneur.

- was asked by Rush to fill in for Neil Peart after his wife passed away but he turned them down.

- a collection of custom motorcycles worth over 10 million dollars. None of them street legal though.

- former advisor to Bill Gates.

- bedded no less than 1000 chicks

- collection of Stradivarius’ worth millions.

- held world records in powerlifting

Yet in spite of all of these accomplishments he still found his true calling as a mattress salesman.

Nobody ever called him out on his BS. We all just felt an overwhelming amount of second hand embarrassment for him.

Forgot to add. He also claimed to be an elite hand to hand combatant and had hours of training with the Gracie’s and mike Tyson. This was hilarious because one day a couple of guys came into the store and stole a tv right off the sales floor. This dude saw them do it and came running back to our warehouse screaming like a child.

I once met another guy who claimed he was a special ops operative, works for the CIA, and speaks 9 different languages, but he wasn't supposed to tell you all that because it's super top secret.

........and now that he's told you, he might have to kill you.
Watch out. Some of these guys really immerse themselves in their own bullshit. A Method liar.
Get yourself a gun and draw the shades. Or better yet, a preemptive defence.......GO GO GO GO GO !!!

Back