Was GSP's return the most underwhelming return yet?

Similar to how he was mentally defeated in the Rockhold rematch ;)

It’s almost as if the UFC is some shady underhand company, that senses when a more marketable champion is available to take the mantle. E.g Weidman making Anderson look like a child, then Andy popping for roids lol. Look into it.
dumb

It’s a trend I’ve seen emerge. It can also be explained by fighters aging mostly, but it’s a trend none the less. GSP leaving makes sense, with him talking about steroid abuse in the game. I think they just told him his PED pass was up as Jonny Hendricks was KO’ing people left and right and was gonna be a long reining more marketable champ. Then he misses weight and guess what, he’s denied his PED pass too. It makes sense for most of the PED busts if you look at it like this, even though I acknowledge it’s farfetxhed and I say it a little tongue in cheek. The only guy it doesn’t make sense for is Jon Jones. He got busted, but he was always the most marketable and still in his prime

Why do people hate GSP so much and like Conor so much? I dont get it? You don't have to like or dislike or be a fan of either, but it is beyond me how any normal sane person can like a loud mouth cocky brash idiotic bordering on psychotic type of individual over a quiet nice humble respectful hard working type of individual. It just makes no sense at all. Maybe they just like what they can most relate to? maybe they dislike what they can most likely relate to? People are fucking weird man its very disturbing and scary to be honest.
Sadly, its the world we live in now. Luckily, i hate everybody, so it doesnt effect me much.

Everyone knew GSP was going to find the striking against Bisping, get cut up on the ground and then find the RNC.

You try to make it sound great, but anyone with a brain new how that fight was going to go. Forgettable performance.

Well then we all know how a fight with Whitaker would have gone too. GSP by UD if you have a brain, right?

To me it's right next there to BJ Penn. BJ tried to get back into the octogon for along time, and when he finally did, he got destroyed. And GSP had so much build up and hype behind his return, just to get beat Michael Bisping and leave.

It all seems like it was kind of a waste of time. Sometimes I forget GSP even returned last year.
This post is as bad as BJ's comebacks...

To me it's right next there to BJ Penn. BJ tried to get back into the octogon for along time, and when he finally did, he got destroyed. And GSP had so much build up and hype behind his return, just to get beat Michael Bisping and leave.

It all seems like it was kind of a waste of time. Sometimes I forget GSP even returned last year.

Yea it was kinda underwhelming. Maybe if he would have stayed longer or fought someone better than fucking bisping.

lol, tippy toes BJ :D
that shit was amazing in its own right, so we can compare it with GSP's comeback and find GSP's performance underwhelming in the humor dept

More buys than DC/Jones 2 of the same year

You're never going to forget this fight TS, GSP has had one fight in 4? years and is still the topic of 3 threads on the main page at all times.

I forget about it all the time. I only remember because of sherdog.

Just like when Anderson came back had a pretty dull fight with Diaz and got popped for roids? Or when Fedor came back and barely got passed and had the judges rob Maldonado?
I’m assuming this is one of those GSP isn’t the GOAT threads.

I don't think he was saying that.

So much is expected of GSP. It just shows he is the GOAT
GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

He said he was returning for months, then announced it wasn't for the WW belt, then aimed a fight against Bisping, then wasn't feeling 100%, then postponed his return, and finally the fight happened and it felt flat. The fight was good tho, but the build-up was weak to say the least.

Lol wut? It was card of the year imo

No. He came in, finished a man who happened to be champion in the division above him, and left.

Shit was savage.

Yep. He was looking really bad in there until he hit Bisping with that lucky haymaker he threw while looking at the ground.

yeah coming back after 4 years, not even in his prime anymore, a weight division up, and a finish.

so underwhelming, pathetic.

Well it was one of the greatest comeback fights in mma history. So...... no.

Back