This Tweet From the Onion Has Many People Upset - Too Far?

I'm not upset but don't find it funny.
My uncle killed himself and seeing how that changed all my family forever can't find things like that funny.

Nah
Its not edgy, clever, or witty enough.
It's neither funny or offensive. It's just bland.

It would be hilarious if it was linked to health insurance, which is a real issue in America.
I would combine two jokes into one if I was tweeting that image.

Can't afford hospital bills? No worries!
New program provides Americans with suicide assistance dogs.

Consider Singapore...suicide is illegal, punishable by hanging...j/k

I said: "hah".

That's not bad for twitter post.

It's a douche bag thing to do, but I am not the least bit bothered. I outsource remedies to this kind of thing to Karma. Karma is relentless, works 24-7 365, and best of all, works for free. And in this age, Karma is fucking fast.

There are thousands of people that will make it their life mission to get all up in this shit. They will find out who posted it. Where they live, where they work, and what companies their employer does business with. Then come the boycotts. Parents and relatives of suicide victims will be lined up like Orcs on a middle earth battlefield.

Then it goes viral. And whoever put this up there will find their life altered in ways they never intended. Then they will pull out their own victim card, and the mass of 'it's just a fucking joke' and 'free speech' zealots with hours of time to spare will rush in to assist.

This will go on for about 9 seconds until the next thing hits. And the circle of dog shit will continue.

not even close to offensive... buck up kids...

Just imagine how triggered people would have been if instead it was a Pit holding the rope....

Not funny. Death is serious.

Did you guys think it was funny when a privileged white guy wore an "America 1st" trunks with a wall on it, against a man from Mexico?

boxing-946630.jpg

lol the American first guy got his ass beat by the Mexican fighter seems like it hurt his message.

"Vargas pummeled Salka for six rounds before the American boxer quit on his stool."

Eh as someone that thinks about suicide on a daily basis, it doesn't offend me. It's not the funniest thing they've ever done, but anyone that gets offended at that is a pussy.

Not funny, but I'm not offended.

Phoned in joke.

I laughed. It's the photo that makes it funny. It's The Onion man!

I've known a few people that have commited suicide. It sucks, happens. Not every story is happy

But making smiles out base humor is the best kind of alchemy for coping with an unhappy ending. Why should anyone walk on eggshells in a post-modernist wet dream?

• Gave me a slight smirk but I lost a great friend to suicide 10 years ago. I'm over it I suppose but I imagine that tweet would devastate his family

Family guy always mocks children with cancer.. This isn't that bad. Family guy sucks dyk for that btw.

Fucking hilarious. I kinda wish anyone thinking about suicide would just off themselves.
Tweet not fucked up but your comment sure is. I kind of hope you get mangled in a car accident this afternoon and never walk again.

This just in studies show depression hits losers the hardest.

- The Onion

Life is good.

Back