!!John Gunther looks exactly like...!!..

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
...freaking Tom Hardy in 'Bronson'

I knew, that i've seen that psychopatic face before:

Thats John (not the most insane look on his face, right there, but you know which look i mean)
image.jpg
Thats Tom
Get ready
image.jpg

image.jpg

And thats the original Charles Bronson:
image.jpg

DAAAANG!

Am i reaching?...is it the beard?

If you haven't seen this movie...give it a shot!...pretty bad-ass!....this guy is the most feared prison inmate in the UK...spending like 3/4 of his life behind bars...

Trailer:

Interesting dude haha sucked to see him choked out so quickly but is what it is

Stipe should have picked him first and not thrown him in first, some team mate?o_O

so instead of just bashing the dude .. Let's talk some technique..

i find alot of guys leave their neck open just like he did ..

what is the best way to defend that after you get caught ?

obviously he had very little time to react and he was the shorter fighter

suggestions so people can learn from this

so a couple suggestions would be ..

when shooting in try to use more chest to chest rather than shoulder to chest ..

when you get caught you can throw opposite side arm over the persons shoulder and then try to tie up a leg and bring to ground ..

some great videos on YouTube with good suggestions and possibilities..

sometimes there just isn't a way out once its sunk in that deep . That would lead to more training and experience needed when you shoot in on someone

so instead of just bashing the dude .. Let's talk some technique..

i find alot of guys leave their neck open just like he did ..

what is the best way to defend that after you get caught ?

obviously he had very little time to react and he was the shorter fighter

suggestions so people can learn from this
Didn't make the thread to bash him

But hey...lets talk about some technique...

I think he was a little bit stunned, when he decided to clinch.
He got caught with some good shots and i think even with a knee...and then he went in...a bit arkward in his movement...
All this combinated with Giannetti going right away for the choke and commiting to it heavily, was probably the worst case scenario for Gunther in this situation.

Giannetti had two options while getting pushed towards the fence...
Defense or offense...he chose a guillotine choke.
No arm in, elbow high, taller than his opponent who might be still a little bit stunned...couldn't get any better for him...

What Gunther should've tried to do?....
I think he had 3 options:
1. fight the arm with the high elbow...get some pressure off and get your arm in...

2. in a bad position to fight the arm?...go for a leg or both legs...takedown...slam him...and absolutley try to not land in his full guard...

3. he could've tried to drop down and give Giannetti top position like side-control or something...
You wanna get subbed or give your opponent an advantage position..?...

I also think that Gunther would've done one of those things...if that choke wasn't as tight as it was and he was out before he even realized in what exactly position he was in (thats why i think he was a but dazed)...

There's a bit of the Bareknuckle Heavyweight Champion John L. Sullivan too but maybe it's just the moustache.

220px-John_L_Sullivan.png

Had the exact same thought upon seeing him for the first time TS... well done!

I think maybe gunther saying he hadn't done any studying couple with joe's highlights being a lot of chokes and saying he was looking for it pre-fight the writing was on the wall for this fight which is unfortunate id like to see more of gunther

Back