How far would prime Roy Jones. Jr have come in this era?

The interesting fight is Jones-Ward. Prime Jones dominates the rest of the field between 160 and 175.

I guess what you need to ask yourself is how a prime Jones would do against the likes of Ward, Kovalev, Bivol, Adonis Stevenson, Eubank Jr., DeGale, Groves and Gilberto Ramirez...objectively how would the RJJ who starched Griffin in their rematch do against the best at 175lbs. and 168lbs. right now?

Sorry...but RJJ against Eubank Jr....fucking hell mate I cant even imagine how much of an embarassment of a matchup that would be.

Would he still be successful?

Prime RJJ is a problem for anyone.

Fast reflexes and power. He was sniper slash counter puncher. He def beats Canelo and GGG because of size difference. But Ward or a game Kovalev could be a problem.

Would he still be successful?
Probably not. His first album didn't go platinum. His second album had one hit single that made it to the billboards top 200. Today's rap style is totally different.
<Fedor23>

Prime RJJ was a gift we probably will never see again in our life time.

LOL

He would have beaten the absolute shit out everyone just like he did during his era when he had all his gears in tact.

Prime Roy beats everybody at 160 with ease, everybody at 168 with ease, has a bit of trouble with the top dogs at 175 but still takes them all fairly easily. CW is where it gets interesting.

Roy can't get touched and knocks out everyone up til cruiser weight. He should stay well away from heavy weight.

I guess what you need to ask yourself is how a prime Jones would do against the likes of Ward, Kovalev, Bivol, Adonis Stevenson, Eubank Jr., DeGale, Groves and Gilberto Ramirez...objectively how would the RJJ who starched Griffin in their rematch do against the best at 175lbs. and 168lbs. right now?

RJJ vs Ward is a hard one to call. He would absolutes destroy that fuckwit eubank jr

Prime Roy beats everybody at 160 with ease, everybody at 168 with ease, has a bit of trouble with the top dogs at 175 but still takes them all fairly easily. CW is where it gets interesting.

He'd outbox Usyk pretty easily. Gassiev might be the kind of guy who give him some problems, though.

He'd outbox Usyk pretty easily. Gassiev might be the kind of guy who give him some problems, though.
Hmmm, you're probably right on Usyk. Usyk doesn't have the power for that kind of kill shot and he wouldn't be able to get his combos off on Roy.

Gassiev is a bit slow on foot though. It'd be possible for him to get boxed around. Still, he has good timing and power. That's not a good combination for a guy as small as Roy at 200.

without modern training camp he would lose.

Boxing has evolved. The new generation is always better.
Agreed. I don't give much of a shot to Conor against Holloway, Khabib or Ferguson either. That 2 year time difference is essentially decades in fight years.

Conor will destroy these guys. They have never felt conors left hand.
I mean, Conor would destroy most guys from the last generation. And his skill is so exceptional that even guys from his generation would fall at his hands. But Khabib, Max, Tony. THose are the next generation. It just seems like an insurmountable task.

Don't even get me started on guys like Gaethje, Choi, Bektic. I shudder ot think the things that the generation after the next would do to Conor too. Mateusz Gamrot, Marat Gafurov, Martin Nguyen, Adam Piccolotti. They would behead Conor.

I mean, Conor would destroy most guys from the last generation. And his skill is so exceptional that even guys from his generation would fall at his hands. But Khabib, Max, Tony. THose are the next generation. It just seems like an insurmountable task.

Don't even get me started on guys like Gaethje, Choi, Bektic. I shudder ot think the things that the generation after the next would do to Conor too. Mateusz Gamrot, Marat Gafurov, Martin Nguyen, Adam Piccolotti. They would behead Conor.

Conor destroys every one of them. He is the best fighter of all time. He is coming back stronger.

Roy in his prime was the best who ever lived.

Prime RJJ over everyone.

Back