Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Chi shenanigans on TUF will certainly bring a lot of drama, if he actually shows up it will be hilarious.
Thats fair, his next fight is rumored to be rematch against Bilostenniy (again a top Russian prospect) if he wins i think he deserves to be recognized as a top unsigned HW.
Should be against Aliakbari..Bilostenniy can fight Tanner, and winners fight each other later. Aliakbari is probably the best ACB's HW right now.

Chi shenanigans on TUF will certainly bring a lot of drama, if he actually shows up it will be hilarious.
Should be against Aliakbari..Bilostenniy can fight Tanner, and winners fight each other later. Aliakbari is probably the best ACB's HW right now.

I agree, Aliakbari deserves the shot after he destroyed a top contender in Smoldarev. I think they want to have Bilostenniy-Vakhaev 2 in Yekaterinaburg (ACB 89) where many ethnic Russians live. It makes sense to have the fight there and increase ACB influence in Siberia. Plus Bilostenniy is on a good fight streak and beat a top prospect in Isagadzhiev (Amateur HW champion in Russia).

I agree, Aliakbari deserves the shot after he destroyed a top contender in Smoldarev. I think they want to have Bilostenniy-Vakhaev 2 in Yekaterinaburg (ACB 89) where many ethnic Russians live. It makes sense to have the fight there and increase ACB influence in Siberia. Plus Bilostenniy is on a good fight streak and beat a top prospect in Isagadzhiev (Amateur HW champion in Russia).
Talking about Russian Amateur HWs, do you know what happened to ProFC? They were having a HW tournament and the final never happened, and ProFC still didn't had any event in 2018..

Talking about Russian Amateur HWs, do you know what happened to ProFC? They were having a HW tournament and the final never happened, and ProFC still didn't had any event in 2018..

I dont know tbh, i havent heard anything about ProFC in a long time. They are not a major promotion as they were before :/

I dont know tbh, i havent heard anything about ProFC in a long time. They are not a major promotion as they were before :/
Yeah i realized that, i think the promotion is dying now to be honest, and it's a shame because it used to be a good platform to russian prospects get experience

Rizvan Kuniev seems like a decent prospect at 25 years old, he's fighting at the same card of Luc Ngeleka, so i assume the winners fight each other later, both are unproven big guys grappling-oriented

Yeah i realized that, i think the promotion is dying now to be honest, and it's a shame because it used to be a good platform to russian prospects get experience

Rizvan Kuniev seems like a decent prospect at 25 years old, he's fighting at the same card of Luc Ngeleka, so i assume the winners fight each other later, both are unproven big guys grappling-oriented
Yeah ProFC was has been dying since like 2013, have a feeling M-1 will have the same fate :/

Rizvan Kuniev isnt bad but he hasnt beaten any top fighters, he is fighting in June against a 5-6 can in Italy. Havent heard of Ngeleka though, is he a good prospect?

Yeah ProFC was has been dying since like 2013, have a feeling M-1 will have the same fate :/

Rizvan Kuniev isnt bad but he hasnt beaten any top fighters, he is fighting in June against a 5-6 can in Italy. Havent heard of Ngeleka though, is he a good prospect?
Yeah, M1 right now is probably by far the worst promotion of the big 4 in Russia (ACB > FNG > WFCA >> M1-G), crazy..

I think Daineko is a solid win for Kuniev, Andreitsev too (he was on 3 win streak going to the semi finals). I never saw the fight, but Kuniev has a amateur win over Andrey Kovalev, i wish all these WAMMA fights would be uploaded somewhere.

Ngeleka is a big guy with good takedowns and semi-decent GNP, he has potential to be a gatekeeper but nothing special. Ngannou got a standing guillotine finish against him, using only freakish strength. Any promising HW should be able to run through him.

Yeah, M1 right now is probably by far the worst promotion of the big 4 in Russia (ACB > FNG > WFCA >> M1-G), crazy..

I think Daineko is a solid win for Kuniev, Andreitsev too (he was on 3 win streak going to the semi finals). I never saw the fight, but Kuniev has a amateur win over Andrey Kovalev, i wish all these WAMMA fights would be uploaded somewhere.

Ngeleka is a big guy with good takedowns and semi-decent GNP, he has potential to be a gatekeeper but nothing special. Ngannou got a standing guillotine finish against him, using only freakish strength. Any promising HW should be able to run through him.

Just noticed he beat Dainenko, i have only seen his fight vs Andreitsev so cant say that much about him. Hopefully a top promotion picks up Kuniev(preferably ACB).

Am i the only one that thinks that is a dangerous fight for Kharitonov? Vyazigin is a bigger and probably faster power puncher, unless Kharitonov takes it to the ground early it could end being a sad night for his fans.

7a2083265d1a662e3c7de3218a5a85ee.png

31416705_624817917850554_861589702505922560_n.jpg

Jeff Hughes defends his LFA Title by Unanimous Decision
31417099_624761571189522_1594643102700666880_n.jpg

Josh Parisian beats Zach Thumb by 1st round Ground and Pound. Josh has stated he'll be going to the TUF 28 tryouts in May.

Here's the video of the Parisian-Thumb fight.

Last edited:
I thought Parisian might fancy TUF 28, actually. Decent news. I reckon Maurice Greene might try out as well, as it'd be a quicker route to the UFC than the 4-5 consecutive wins he'd now need I guess. Hughes will probably be signed outright soon, debuting later in the year. I reckon Hughes would be best of shedding a few pounds and doing 205lb.

The Berkut Young Eagles HW Grand Prix was today, the Opening round:

Here are the results:
23. Murat Gugov (3-1) Defeats Alexander Stolyarov (18-7) TKO(Punches) R1
22. Magomed Bakhanaev (1-0) Defeats Vyacheslav Gusalov (0-1) Unanimous Decision
21. Rizvan Ilev (1-0) Defeats Alexey Bondarchuk (0-3) KO(Punches) R1
20. Amin Ergashev (6-2) Defeats Anton Vinnikov (6-3) Submission(Armbar) R1
19. Adlan Ibragimov (1-0) Defeats Edis Besic (1-2) TKO(Punches) R1
18. Gadzhi Abdulkadyrov (1-0) Defeats Soufyan Aarab (3-1) Unanimous Decision
17. Ismail Sagov (2-1) Defeats Yusup Bitukaev (3-2) TKO(Punches) R1

Guys who impressed me were Gugov, Abdulkadyrov, Bakhanaev and Rizvan Ilev. Keep an eye out on Ilev, 23 years old and 6 feet 3. Fast hands and good boxing, he knocked out his opponent in 50 seconds.

Last edited:
Guys who impressed me were Gugov, Abdulkadyrov, Bakhanaev and Rizvan Ilev. Keep an eye out on Ilev, 23 years old and 6 feet 3. Fast hands and good boxing, he knocked out his opponent in 50 seconds.
I was impressed by Gugov, Abdulkadyrov, Ilev and Ergashev.

Gugov is a perfect example of a fighter thrown to the wolves since his first MMA fight, he has 3 wins and they were all against legit opponents, much better fighter than his record suggests, i think this Gugov-Stolyarov proves records doesn't mean anything in the Russian scenario, right? Stolyarov has to be one of the most pathetic 6'6 heavyweights out there, wtf was that.. he has about 25 fights and still doesn't react well to punches.
Gugov is a bit small to HW, but it translates into a speed advantage that he knows how to use.

Abdulkadyrov's fight was really good, these 2 were banging and i must say, i was expecting someone to fall for 15 minutes lol can't believe no one got a KO, what a chin these 2 have, they took really hard shots. Abdulkadyrov is only 22 years old, enormous, good combinations, OK cardio and solid chin.

Ilev as you said has fast hands and can move very well for a heavyweight, made quick work of his opponent.

Ergashev has that heavy and technical grappling, he looks like a very strong guy and had good transitions there, i was expecting Vinnikov to be a harder task (big, experienced guy).

Last edited:
Goltsov out of PFL heavyweight tournament due to visa issues. Alex Nicholson, the former middleweight, replaces him.
Really hopes Goltsov signs with UFC next. Would be a awesome addition to the September card in Russia.

I was actually curious about that event, thank you for the results and analysis! I'm excited to see how the later rounds play out. The winner is going to have eyes on them.

Goltsov out of PFL heavyweight tournament due to visa issues. Alex Nicholson, the former middleweight, replaces him.
Really hopes Goltsov signs with UFC next. Would be a awesome addition to the September card in Russia.

Damnit, why can't we have nice things? I hope he does sign with the UFC now. This opens up the tournament a lot though, Rosholt and Jordan may actually be favorites.

Goltsov is out do to visa issues.....

*They switched Jack May to face the newly signed Nicholson*

*josh Copeland will face newly signed Evgeniy Goncharov*

With Nick Rossborough and Denis Goltsov out of the tournament, due to injury and visa issues respectively, these are the fighters competing:

Shawn Jordan 19-8
Caio Alencar 11-2
Jared Rosholt 15-4
Josh Copeland 14-4
Mike Kyle 23-15-1
Evgeniy Goncharov 9-5
Francimar Barroso 19-7
Alex Nicholson 10-5
Jake Heun 11-6
Daniel Gallemore 7-4
Valdrin Istrefi 12-1
Jack May 9-3