Encompassing Athleticism and Fighting

Hey Sano

Can you make a video of your mobility work. I am interested in the mobility and strength routine you are doing.

Hey Sano

Can you make a video of your mobility work. I am interested in the mobility and strength routine you are doing.
Yeah I'll see if I can string a video together during the next week maybe. I made it entirely for myself and the level I'm at so I might show some regressions of the exercises too.

That would be great. I would love to put some time on mobility. If I can get some video advice would be amazing.

That would be great. I would love to put some time on mobility. If I can get some video advice would be amazing.
The way that I classify the difference is that mobility requires active muscle contraction while doing the movements. Doing this circuit of active mobility for the last few months has worked out really well for me. Better than any static stretching I've ever done. That might not be the case for you though.

I will try mate, I am very busy right now writing the bachelors so it might be a little while.

Wanted to do some squats today but I had forgot my card to enter the gym with and no one was there. Went for a run instead in a park nearby and did some BW training.

LISS run for about 30-40 min.
Stretching

Horsestance, pushups, pullups, lunges so on.

I am starting to breathe a lot less on the runs. It's awesome. Feels really good.

Last edited:
Warmup:
- Dynamic
- Joint
- Footwork

Bagwork for 4 rounds.

Squats:

RFE
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 10x60kg
- 10x80kg
- 5x100kg
- 5x100kg
- 5x100kg

These were a little wobbly. Had no energy.

Corrective circuit:
- External/internal GH rotations with band
- Trap 3 slides uni + bilat.
- Half bird dog iso 10 secs x2
- Fire hydrant with band
- Clam with band each side 15 reps
- Wall slides with ball 10 reps
- Leg curls on bosu 10 reps bilat, 4 reps unilat each leg
x2

Mobility & strength routine:
Horsestance -> cossack squats -> lunges with t-spine extension + rotation -> half bridges -> sideplank -> front plank -> judo pushups -> frontplank -> sideplank -> half bridges -> lunges with t-spine extension -> cossack squats -> horsestance
x2

Pullups 10 reps

I'm exhausted. Was a grind doing anything today, went straight from working on the project to this. There's a lot of stress atm. and one of our supplemental readings with GSR yesterday got messed up, so we have to cram it all in tomorrow which is the last day of our intervention. I've taken it upon myself to be responsible for the measurements and understanding the technology, and it's building up. Way too many loose ends. Hopefully it goes well tomorrow. Then we have to get the questionaires filled again and have our semi-structured interview ready for next week. Finally when it's all over we have a month for data analysis and results and finishing the entire thing. What we are doing might be overambitious in hindsight, it's so much work.

Just have to keep powering through.

Last edited:
Went outside to train today

LISS run
30 min

Warmup:
- Dynamic
- Joint movement

Horsestance -> cossack squats -> lunges with t-spine extension + rotation -> half bridges -> sideplank -> front plank -> judo pushups -> frontplank -> sideplank -> half bridges -> lunges with t-spine extension -> cossack squats -> horsestance
x3

BW Circuit:
- Pullups 7-8 reps
- Pistol squats 3 reps each leg
- Judo pushups 10 reps
- Isometric BW squats 10 reps
x3

Inverted rows 10 reps
Some freestyle movement to end it with.

Neck started to hurt after the bagwork last time and has been getting a little worse since. It's highly sensitive right now so it's reminding me of when it was bad. It'll clear up but was nice not feeling it for a while.

Warmup:
- Dynamic
- Joint

Squats:
RFE
- bar
- 10x50kg
- 10x70kg
- 8x90kg
- 5x100kg
- 5x110kg
- 5x110kg
- 5x110kg

Form not perfect but didn't feel too heavy.

Corrective circuit:
- External/internal GH rotations with band
- Trap 3 slides uni + bilat.
- Half bird dog iso 10 secs x2
- Fire hydrant with band
- Wall slides with ball 10 reps
- Leg curls on bosu 10 reps bilat, 4 reps unilat each leg
- Pullups 8 reps
x2

x2

Misc:
- Lateral raises 8 kg 10 reps
- Wall handstands
- Neck isos
x3

Been very nauseas these last few days, feel like I'm about to throw up 24/7. A little dizzy, pale, eyes hurting and watery, neck hurting like a bitch. It's the classic autonomic/PCS signs. I use safety glasses when I look at screens usually and haven't been these last few days, combined with something irritating the neck and I'm guessing cranial nerves, which might be why it has come back. I have to keep off any challenging upper body training for a little while. It's such a bitch, had been clear for a while now. Fingers crossed it passes soon enough.

Get better, mate. Hopefully it passes soon.

LISS running + footwork and track drills for about 50 minutes.

Haven't had much time to train lately, and to be honest my body is feeling pretty good. Much less achy.

Bachelor is almost finished, handing it in in 6 days. We are going through everything right now and correcting and re-writing where it is needed. I am really proud of what we've done.

I was outside today and did some BW training consisting of:
Pullups, Pistol squats, Lunges, Cossack squats, Bridges, Inverse rows, Sumo squats, Single leg deadlifts, Judo pushups and Handstands. Relaxed in the sun a little afterwars.

Been training a little bit again, tested out a few lifts and I havent really lost anything. Did some shadowboxing the other day:

So I just finished my last oral exams in relations to my Bachelor today. YEEES! Got the highest grade and will probably do more research projects in the future. Fuck it's awesome! Now I'm officially a Physiotherapist!

Last edited:
I am not logging much atm because 1) I have shit to do and 2) I'm going with the flow training wise.

Had a pretty good training today with a few new exercises.

Warmup and prehab/corrective stuff

RFE +
Horstance
Squats x 3 sets

RFE +
Circuit:
Kettlebell cross
Jefferson deadlifts
Dips
Leg raises
Calf raises

Misc: Turkish getups, pushups

Split stance work with the jefferson DLs and kettlebell crosses really felt good afterwards when I threw a few right hands. Really had that turn and glute activation. I'll keep doing it! Might need to go blocks for the Jeffersons because my lower back cant get in neutral from the floor.

Mobility, lunge variations, movement (warmup)

Shadowboxing, headmovement, footwork drills, slipbag for 30-40 min

Squats x5-10 (50-75kg)
x4

GHR x5-7
Lunges with kettlebells x8-10 (15kgs)
Lateral raises x10 (6kg)
Chinups x5-7
Pushups x10-20
x2

Stretching and breathing

Found some self mobility exercises for my neck I'm trying out. I still have to go see someone who's good at what they do about it, but I'm pretty sure that my problem is in part near C5 which is slightly shifted laterally to the right and the facets are closed/impinged on the left side. I can feel that the processus spinus of C5 is shifted and the pain is near that vertebra on the left side. Also, whenever I lateral flex, rotate or extend towards the left (especially in combination) I get pain. So I'm trying to do some lateral glide of C5 to the left and open the facets up with opposite movements of what hurts. Who knows, it's something to try. - ANYWAY

Warmup

Some misc strength BW prehab and strength/mobility

Shadowboxing for about 30 minutes

Here's a round. Starting to come together:

Beautiful weather outside today with clear sky and sun so I went outside.

Walking/running outside for 30-40 min

Pistols, single leg DLs, pullups, judo pushups, lunge variations, bw squats, inverse row variations, dips

Shadowboxing and drilling for about 15-20 min

Handstands

I am training, just not posting in the log.

I did some shadowboxing today with a focus on speed. Im about to up the intensity more:

Last edited:
Good workout today. Warmed up, did some skips and lateral jumping, then the heavybag for a few rounds, then squatting, glute ham raises, chinups, lateral raises and then finished on the bag again. I was a little tight as I'm sore from two days ago where I had a really extensive workout, but it's alright.

First round of bagwork:

Last round:

So I just finished my last oral exams in relations to my Bachelor today. YEEES! Got the highest grade and will probably do more research projects in the future. Fuck it's awesome! Now I'm officially a Physiotherapist!

late to the party but belated best wishes, dude

Back