Next TUF will be Heavyweights. Finally UFC!!

They could make it exciting if they bring in the right kind of fighters. These would be some of the fighters I would consider.
  • Aleksander Emelianenko
  • Raphael Butler
  • Tony Johnson
  • Smealinho Rama
  • Jeremy Yablonski
  • Errol Zimmerman
  • Alain Ngalani
  • Brandon Vera
  • Oli Thompson
  • Greg Rebello
  • Virgil Zwicker
  • Konstatin Erokhin
  • Sergey Pavlovich
  • Batraz Agnaev
  • Alonzo Menifield
  • Jiri Prochazka
  • Amir Aliakbari
Agnaev, Alonzo and Prochazka are light heavyweights
Emelinaneko is a rapist
Ngalani is a bodybuilder on steroids
Zimmerman is a kickboxer
Vera, Thompson, Zwicker, Johnson and Erokhin are journeymen
Rebello is on DWTNCS
Pavlovich and Aliakbari are elite fighters, they won't go to a fucking TUF lol

Do you even MMA bro?

This might have worked if Greg Hardy was in the house but they are letting him bypass it with a Dana White fight night instead so the season will flop.

Da Da 5000, this is your chance!!!

I'm looking forward to it. I predict they scrap 145lbs women from the show. Why? They have a division with FOUR fucking fighters and need all the bodies they can get, they'll sign anyone with a mediocre-good record to the UFC off the bat.

The HW cast will end up being 50/50 HWs and bigger LHWs fighting up a division. There's some strong possibilities. We know LFA's Josh Parisian is trying out; don't be surpsied if Steve Mowry (4-0, Austen Lane (4-0), to name a couple, turn up. Don'tale Mayes (4-2) is highly touted and flunked out on DWCS to I reckon he'll look for a UFC shortcut by attending - 6wks in the house > winning another 5 consecutive regional circuit fights.

Mitch Sipe (4-0) is a 205l'ber whos been fighting at 265, and doing well. Mohammed Usman just lost to Mayes, now 3-1, he might go?

Finally indeed, they've been needing to have a HF tuf for 5 years now.

Aren't they getting rid of TUF in favor of Dana's Contender series?

Agnaev, Alonzo and Prochazka are light heavyweights
Emelinaneko is a rapist
Ngalani is a bodybuilder on steroids
Zimmerman is a kickboxer
Vera, Thompson, Zwicker, Johnson and Erokhin are journeymen
Rebello is on DWTNCS
Pavlovich and Aliakbari are elite fighters, they won't go to a fucking TUF lol

Do you even MMA bro?

Do you expect that they will find 16 quality heavyweights for the show that have any real potential?

My speculation was that they would have a combination of blown up light heavyweights, a few high end heavyweight prospects that could arguably fight in the UFC now and a handful of journeymen. As for Zimmerman he had mentioned in the past that he would consider fighting mma.

I was trying to put together a list that would make TUF worth watching. The list I provided would at least offer a few big knockouts and maybe some exciting brawls. What else can you expect from TUF heavyweights or even TUF for that matter?

You don't understand what tuf is for

Did you watch the last TUF heavyweights?

It was filled with journeymen, and highly inexperienced mma fighters. Maybe they will do it differently this time around, but I would be surprised if they could find 16 quality heavyweight prospects.

Also my suggestions were to increase viewership. Nobody watches TUF anymore. They need something to make it worth watching and my suggestions would at least provide some exciting fights and knockouts.

Do you expect that they will find 16 quality heavyweights for the show that have any real potential?

My speculation was that they would have a combination of blown up light heavyweights, a few high end heavyweight prospects that could arguably fight in the UFC now and a handful of journeymen. As for Zimmerman he had mentioned in the past that he would consider fighting mma.

I was trying to put together a list that would make TUF worth watching. The list I provided would at least offer a few big knockouts and maybe some exciting brawls. What else can you expect from TUF heavyweights or even TUF for that matter?
First of all, they need 8 and not 16 heavyweights. It's TUF heavyweight + women's featherweights.

Second, there is many heavyweights in the US regional lv that are promising and could be actually considered, Zimmerman is not one of them. To be honest i don't think anyone in your list is what UFC is looking for.

Now that's a good list:

I lov a good HW fight/tournament. The problem is that Nobody wants to fight HWs, so everyone will end up at LHW when the show is over.

First of all, they need 8 and not 16 heavyweights. It's TUF heavyweight + women's featherweights.

Second, there is many heavyweights in the US regional lv that are promising and could be actually considered, Zimmerman is not one of them. To be honest i don't think anyone in your list is what UFC is looking for.

Now that's a good list:

I don see them keeping womens FW man - they have like 4 fighters in the entire division, they need 'contenders' (laugh) right now, I can see them just using it as a trial for any unsigned woman willing to be ripped to pieces by Cyborg, and sign them all outright.

Never know though.

I don see them keeping womens FW man - they have like 4 fighters in the entire division, they need 'contenders' (laugh) right now, I can see them just using it as a trial for any unsigned woman willing to be ripped to pieces by Cyborg, and sign them all outright.

Never know though.
They will probably sign all 8 women, making it a 12-fighter division, i don't see any problem with that. Why they wouldn't keep womens FW? If they release the ones with potential, Bellator will gladly take it.
Cyborg has Amanda and Megan Anderson ahead, it will give time to the division develop contenders. There's some promising prospects at 145.

They will probably sign all 8 women, making it a 12-fighter division, i don't see any problem with that. Why they wouldn't keep womens FW? If they release the ones with potential, Bellator will gladly take it.
Cyborg has Amanda and Megan Anderson ahead, it will give time to the division develop contenders. There's some promising prospects at 145.

I mean they won't keep them on the show. They'll have to wait around 3months to have them fight in the UFC if they put them on TUF, whereas they kind of need them now. I just have a hunch - also, there are very few actually decent wmma 145lb'ers anyway. I'd actually be shocked if 8 feasible cast members turned up, there's gonna be a couple dozen blown-up bantams and women with 2-2 records and a handful of alright ones. IMO anyway.

Finally? Meanwhile there were 2 HW seasons, each had awful awful fights
Three total, if you include TUF Brazil 3.

Which I suppose you shouldn't, seeing as only 3 guys were really signed from the cast, and none stayed at HW. With that said, the HW winner Antonio Carlos Junior has become a major contender at 185.

There's a lot of revisionism regarding TUF 10, going on.
Some fantastic finishes on that season.

- Abe Wagner getting his skull cleaved open by Jon Madsen.
- Schaub anaconda choking Demico Rogers, slick.
- Justin Wren steamrolling Wes Sims and arm-triangling him.
- Mitrione vs. Scott Junk was fun, Junk got dropped about a dozen times, first time we ever saw 0-0 former footballer Mitrione in pro MMA and dude proved he had serious hands.
- Marcus Jones brutal armbar finish of Mike Wessel.
- Schaub one-punch KO's Jon Madsen.
- Marcus Jones smashes Titties.
- Schaub KOs Marcus Jones.
- Schaub gets corpse by Nelson in the final.

Hmmmm. Not a bad line-up for a season that was full of shit fights. Having just done a refresher, hence the list, there was maybe 4-5 awful fights on the season. Shitloads of finishes, good season. A shit season of TUF, is the one Colton Smith won - where all about 1-2 fights went the distance and were boing as fuck. Including the final.

A guy I saw fighting at a local show is trying out, his name is Ben Sosoli, I think he's 6 and 1, maybe 7 and 1 after the night I saw him. Dude can bang but like many HWs his cardio may be an issue.

<{clintugh}>

The last proper TUF with HW brought us Brendan Schaub...

TUF hasn't been good since TUF 12

And what's wrong with that ? Brendan was nowhere near as bad of a fighter as people make him out to be. He was good at beating people who didn't belong there.

Back