SHOOP that Rocked Lee

I'm now thinking we both should've tried posterizing the template for our Killer Bee shoops.

<32>
shoop-lee-anime-gif.375563

Looks more like him without the shades though yeah?

shoop-lee-anime-no-shades-gif.375565

Attachments

• Shoop-Lee-anime.gif
    Shoop-Lee-anime.gif
    859.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Shoop-Lee-anime-no-shades.gif
    Shoop-Lee-anime-no-shades.gif
    859.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
shoop-lee-anime-gif.375563

Looks more like him without the shades though yeah?

shoop-lee-anime-no-shades-gif.375565
I prefer the one with shades, and too funny you shooped over my gif <45> I did actually shoop that but because I added the glasses AND the mouth you can barely tell it's Kevin Lee. I think the clever thing to do would be to copy the mouth's different expressions and have a few templates to cycle through. I will have a crack at it later because I want to test my posterize theory as well as seeing if I can properly sit his head behind his clothing

this is the original (notice how it''s darker with less hue? I edited every frame before I even started)

426d0c36b5d71b0f61031c56bb526c69.gif

the shoop version for comparison
2lo4376.jpg

Last edited:
How you do that? How many hours it take bruh.
I used Photoshop. This actually was a pretty simple one. There's only 13 frames or so... & the head only tilted once for a couple frames, so once I got the head matched into the bandana... I was able to mostly just move it into the proper position pretty easily.

I probably got 30 min in it or so, but it's not a super quality job either. It could be cleaned up a bit more where the original bandana peeks out from behind, & the skin of the body made darker. Could also get real technically correct like Norman Khabib is talking about... & make the lower part of the chin & jaw disappear into the scarf & little details like that... but I didn't have a lot of time, & I thought it was good enough for a fun little shoop.

too funny you shooped over my gif <45> I did actually shoop that but because I added the glasses AND the mouth you can barely tell it's Kevin Lee. I think the clever thing to do would be to copy the mouth's different expressions and have a few templates to cycle through. I will have a crack at it later because I want to test my posterize theory as well as seeing if I can properly sit his head behind his clothing

this is the original (notice how it''s darker with less hue? I edited every frame before I even started)
Oh, haha... I thought that was the original. Well done, I couldn't see the splices or anything.

Last edited:
at only 13 frames it's hard to appreciate but I feel like I nailed it <Eek2.0> thoughts?

15mzs5c.jpg

at only 13 frames it's hard to appreciate but I feel like I nailed it <Eek2.0> thoughts?

15mzs5c.jpg
Looks great. That touch of putting the chin & jaw into the scarf really makes a difference. Mouth movement looks great. Those details really make it.
icon_cheers.png

Looks great. That touch of putting the chin & jaw into the scarf really makes a difference. Mouth movement looks great. Those details really make it.
icon_cheers.png
one thing I also did was reduce the contrast slightly for all the template heads that were angled (rotated and then re-sharpened) so it looked like the light and colour was changing as he moved, in relation to his lighter left arm and darker right arm. It's subtle but I can see it

also more templates, not very good but usable <Eek2.0> I clean them up in the shoop, bad habit

EDSON_BARBOZA_6.png

KEVIN_LEE_8.png

KEVIN_LEE_7.png

KEVIN_LEE_6.png

EDSON_BARBOZA_5.png

EDSON_BARBOZA_4.png

Back