Ares/Fightlite: SCR rifles. Your thoughts?

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
Have been doing some reading on these and found them pretty interesting. Wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with these or have an thoughts on them. Basically it's an AR frame with a standard stock. 223/5.56 or 308/7.62

SBR variant
2clctu.jpg

2616CD9B-25E7-4522-9BBD-46C44FDEFAE2.jpg

images

1422814722.jpg

P1060538-900x600.jpg

Pistol Variant
fightlite-scr-pistol.jpg

CoatesGunsLLC_FightLite_SCR_Raider_300_2.jpg

DSC_0423-660x438.jpg

20171019_164524.jpg

Hmm. California legal AR15 with a Mossberg shotgun stock.

Can you get an M1A in Cali?

Would be awesome if the altered bcg could get it passed the RCMP restrictions as not-an-ar for Canada.
I'd pick one up just for the novelty, and for 'yotes.

Would be awesome if the altered bcg could get it passed the RCMP restrictions as not-an-ar for Canada.
I'd pick one up just for the novelty, and for 'yotes.

Get a Tavor or one of the other unrestricted black scary rifles.

Get a Tavor or one of the other unrestricted black scary rifles.
Oh I'm aware of the NR options. I get my hands on most of the commonly available options at work.
I like ARs though. First rifle I ever shot was a C7, so I'm comfortable with the manual of arms. My personal alternative would be an XCR-L, but price is prohibitive for me right now.

Hmm. California legal AR15 with a Mossberg shotgun stock.

Can you get an M1A in Cali?

looks like a 'post-apocalyptic improvised road warrior' weapon. Toss a beat up wooden stock, some duck tape, and a barrel shroud from a Tec-9 on their and you'd have a bad ass prop.

The SCR’s are tack drivers. Overall it’s a great weapon that has a lot of directions you can go with. My issues with the SCR are more with FightLite. Since taking over they have driven up the price, and are basically still unable to meet demand. They charge you extra for things like the sights and LRBHO.

These were some of the things that drove me to just forego the SCR and gat a Mini 14 nstead. While technically legal in CT. After rereading the AW ban wording for CT, technically they could challenge the SCR’s legality here if they wanted. Mass. found a way to ban them too.

They look like the AR version of the Saiga rifles

They were a way to show libtards you can still AR without the AR. Like I said, only recently have they been finding ways to ban them too. Thus proving the point, that for every inch you give, they will take a mile.
<TheDonald>

The SCR’s are tack drivers. Overall it’s a great weapon that has a lot of directions you can go with. My issues with the SCR are more with FightLite. Since taking over they have driven up the price, and are basically still unable to meet demand. They charge you extra for things like the sights and LRBHO.

These were some of the things that drove me to just forego the SCR and gat a Mini 14 nstead. While technically legal in CT. After rereading the AW ban wording for CT, technically they could challenge the SCR’s legality here if they wanted. Mass. found a way to ban them too.
Yeah, the MA General attorney basically made up her own rules. I legally came from a corrupt country to the US thinking of freedom and I end into a corrupt state...

The pistol version is somewhat interesting. Maybe not all that practical, but unique. I’m all for innovation and creativity. Not every purchase has to be the most practical choice. Sometimes you just want something a little different.

Yeah, the MA General attorney basically made up her own rules. I legally came from a corrupt country to the US thinking of freedom and I end into a corrupt state...

You still have some options if you can get over how the rifle looks. Right off the bat, you have the Mini 14 and M1A. Both are capable rifles that will serve you well. If I read the law right, you might still have access to pre ban weapons. I will get clarification on that. I myself am a Mini owner and can tell you they are fun to shoot.

Back