Sabas SS bubbling

Those little lumps are only cosmetic I wouldn't worry about them. If you tire open the glove you'd notice the lumps as re just tiny prices of laytex dust particles. that normally break off over time from opening and closing your hands when the laytex foam rubs against the leather wrinkles on the sides of the gloves. Normally happens with softer laytex foams. But doesn't effect the performance of the gloves at all. Like I said just cosmetic no need to stress out about them little dust particles making there way from the sides of the foam padding.

Those little lumps are only cosmetic I wouldn't worry about them. If you tire open the glove you'd notice the lumps as re just tiny prices of laytex dust particles. that normally break off over time from opening and closing your hands when the laytex foam rubs against the leather wrinkles on the sides of the gloves. Normally happens with softer laytex foams. But doesn't effect the performance of the gloves at all. Like I said just cosmetic no need to stress out about them little dust particles making there way from the sides of the foam padding.
So it isn’t from the poly bag that surrounds the padding bunching up? That’s the explanation I’ve always heard before.

how often do you train though? theres a difference between a weekend warrior and an athlete. I burned through my boon bag gloves in 2 years and Boon are by far better quality than top king bag gloves.

I'm on the athlete spectrum. Used them primarily when I was competing in amateur boxing and strictly used them for sparring. Now that the padding has worn down they have evolved to my bag gloves and I get wonderful feedback from them.

I am using them 6 days a week now as I am currently training to fight again after school had consumed my life. I can feel that the padding is starting to bottom out just a tad bit. To preserve the life I cut some Le Roy wraps in half and use it as knuckle padding.

Maybe I should try Fairtex if you’ve got it ranked that highly. What equipment of theirs have you used?

My favorite Fairtex glove is the BGV9 sadly it's unsuitable for sparring as its padding is quite hard though it is easily their best boxing glove. The BGV6 is what I use for sparring. The BGV1 is a good glove for Muay Thai and I'd rate it higher than anything in the Twins brand.
I wouldn't ever bother with Fairtex headguards.

mrv said:
Firstly the purpose of this post wasn't to put people off, just to document my experience. Sabas are telling me it's simply the way they are made which is fair enough, however for a premium glove I expect better. My RTC C17S were flawless!

I have NEVER seen dimples and lumps beneath the leather on any other glove in my life, even £15 everlast crappies so I don't understand what they mean by "the creases are caused by a poly bag which is used to fill the glove" what does that mean? I thought all handmade gloves use hand carved pre glued foams and certainly not anything which has been "filled".

???

mrv said:
Firstly the purpose of this post wasn't to put people off, just to document my experience. Sabas are telling me it's simply the way they are made which is fair enough, however for a premium glove I expect better. My RTC C17S were flawless!

I have NEVER seen dimples and lumps beneath the leather on any other glove in my life, even £15 everlast crappies so I don't understand what they mean by "the creases are caused by a poly bag which is used to fill the glove" what does that mean? I thought all handmade gloves use hand carved pre glued foams and certainly not anything which has been "filled".

???

sometimes it happens especially when you use softer laytex foams cheaper denser foams doesn't happen as much from my experience

So it isn’t from the poly bag that surrounds the padding bunching up? That’s the explanation I’ve always heard before.

i've seen a bunch of gloves with these dimples and lumps from various brands and every time i open the gloves up i always noticed tiny laytex particles at the same location of where the lumps were on the leather, the thing is these particles always seem tiny in comparison to the lumps

These are SS. Have some bubbling and showing some wear.
I've been using these as bag gloves b/c my knuckles are sensitive.
I cut off the thumb locks. Makes them easier to use b/c I workout alone.
Aside from those bubbles and finish wear, they are holding up ok.
I use a black hydrostrike bag and a sleeved PBE punching bag.

Attachments

• sab.jpg
    sab.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 62
These are SS. Have some bubbling and showing some wear.
I've been using these as bag gloves b/c my knuckles are sensitive.
I cut off the thumb locks. Makes them easier to use b/c I workout alone.
Aside from those bubbles and finish wear, they are holding up ok.
I use a black hydrostrike bag and a sleeved PBE punching bag.

To be honest, ppl have some false idea that your gear is supposed to stay new forever. And yes some foam types last longer than others. But if all you are getting is some bubbles and the glove is still protecting you, you should be alright. I think ppl are just concerned with aesthetics of the glove in this matter.

If the foam is totally disintegrating rapidly than obviously that is a problem.

SO BE ADVISED : USING YOUR GLOVES ON THE HEAVY BAG WILL WEAR THEM OUT FASTER. BUT THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE FOR.

l@nd0 just my opinion.

I recently purchased some Sabas SuperSofts and in no less than a week did I experience the bubbling issue... very disappointing. I will never buy from them again.

Wow thats funny becuase ring to cage always looked like over priced shit to me, and surprise its from pakistan. I used to want to be fair and give the pakis a chance, I did, and am now thoroughly convinced anything from pakistan is shit. I will never buy anything from pakistan, even if it is supposed to be "good".

So you tried one Pakistani brand are now convinced that everything out of that country is shit?

Someone tell Jon Jones and Cub Swanson that “shincheckin” knows better, their Pakistani Topboxers are shit!

Based on value for money, my Topboxers beat my Cletos hands down. Cletos are slightly better for double the cost.

My UMA R9s have held up fantastically well.

You have no idea, do you, that a lot of Title’s top end stuff is made in Pakistan?

And just because you think R2C “looks” like crap doesn’t mean it is. Lots of great reviews by sherdoggers on R2C.

Based on your logic we can all agree that British cars and motorcycles are overpriced garbage. Never encountered a British vehicle that could go 6 months without needing some repairs of some kind.

I wonder if something has changed in production, because I purchased a pair of SS when they first came out and they are still in beautiful shape. Shame to see others aren't sharing the same results.

I primarily use mine for sparring however.

Last edited:
I wonder if something has changed in production, because I purchased a pair of SS when they first came out and they are still in beautiful shape. Shame to see others aren't sharing the same results.

I primarily use mine for sparring however.

Given all the recent anecdotal evidence, that strikes me as a reasonable hypothesis.

Sacrifices had to be made to meet increased demand...

Someone tell Jon Jones and Cub Swanson that “shincheckin” knows better, their Pakistani Topboxers are shit!
- Cub knows me by my real name not "shincheckin". Ill make sure to talk with him about pakistani made products the next time I hold pads for him. ;)

It's amusing you think a picture with Cub gives you any special cred here.

Newsflash, lots of sherdoggers train with pros, or are pros themselves.

By the way, please tell me how it went after you did Cub the favor of throwing his Paki Topboxer gloves into the trash.

It's amusing you think a picture with Cub gives you any special cred here.

Newsflash, lots of sherdoggers train with pros, or are pros themselves.

By the way, please tell me how it went after you did Cub the favor of throwing his Paki Topboxer gloves into the trash.
Why are there so many Nietzscheans on this forum.

Almost certainly the plastic part.

I don’t understand how Sabas continues to get sales despite the constant negative press. Covfefe.
Now that they're out the door, who makes the best custom Mexican gear now? Seems Juan's thread is gone. Really regret not picking up some Boxeos.

Now that they're out the door, who makes the best custom Mexican gear now? Seems Juan's thread is gone. Really regret not picking up some Boxeos.

I have some Boxeo's. They need to rework their pattern as they need to be substantially longer in the fingers. Also Boxeo glove Leather grater than New Sport IMO. But that may vary as well and New sport gloves fit better.

I like my stock Everlast MX training gloves better than both, Customization be damned.

<{titihmm}>.

I have some Boxeo's. They need to rework their pattern as they need to be substantially longer in the fingers. Also Boxeo glove Leather grater than New Sport IMO. But that may vary as well and New sport gloves fit better.

I like my stock Everlast MX training gloves better than both, Customization be damned.

<{titihmm}>.

They look cool, but they're pretty expensive. Also been reading they have qc issues. You have any experience with Casanovas by any chance?

They look cool, but they're pretty expensive. Also been reading they have qc issues. You have any experience with Casanovas by any chance?

Yeah Cassanova are pretty good. Nice oversized thumb guard, good thumb position pretty good leather. Only single stitching, as I remember. The lining in my pair seemed kind of rough at first but I got used to it.

Leather better on Boxeo's again but fit and performance better on the Cassanova's as well. Leather quality is great but doesn't really mean much if the gloves are uncomfertable/ unusable.

<mma4> .

Back