Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

What happened to Smoldarev in the list? Not a prospect anymore? :(

I think after around 8 years pro and recent performances, he's off the list until he starts getting wins again. He's looked terrible lately. Him, Bedorf, and Delija have been on the list the longest.

I think after around 8 years pro and recent performances, he's off the list until he starts getting wins again. He's looked terrible lately. Him, Bedorf, and Delija have been on the list the longest.
Fair enough. As a Swede I had high hopes for Yosef Ali Mohammad which is somewhat a similar case, but you dropping him from the list makes all the sense in the world really. I rather have unproved and untested athletic guys than unproved but tested athletic guys on the list in the end.

Fair enough. As a Swede I had high hopes for Yosef Ali Mohammad which is somewhat a similar case, but you dropping him from the list makes all the sense in the world really. I rather have unproved and untested athletic guys than unproved but tested athletic guys on the list in the end.

Once guys start getting wins again and making changes I'd re-add them, but they need to right that course. Speaking of, I hope Yosef shows up again. Rizin may actually be a good fit for him, he's got the athleticism and intimidating looks, and if he fixes up the defensive flaws in his game, he can get through the guys there.

Once guys start getting wins again and making changes I'd re-add them, but they need to right that course. Speaking of, I hope Yosef shows up again. Rizin may actually be a good fit for him, he's got the athleticism and intimidating looks, and if he fixes up the defensive flaws in his game, he can get through the guys there.
i agree with yosef in rizin

Fancy hearing some fight results, @Paul L ?

Okay, here we go............

Adam Dyczka climbs to 8-0 with a 1st round KO / TKO of Icho Larenas. Probably punched his ticket to the UFC with that.

Ante Delija climbs to 15-3 with a decision win over Ricardo Prasel, now 9-1.

Jahsua Marsh is now 3-3 after smashing up Ras Hylton (now 2-1) with ground and pound.

Some dude called Rudy Schaffroth is now 4-0, never heard of him until accidentally stumbling on it. He's 6ft 4in and a Team Quest wrestler it seems.

Now I don't see this guy as a prospect, not just because he's raw and also 30, but Jair Rozenstruik reminded me of Black Beast for some reason.

Climbed to 5-0 and could probably be looking at a fight with Delija, which he would most likely lose via takedowns. Seems like a fun guy to watch though, whenever his cardio isn't depleted.

A shame that TKO doesn't want let Dyczka go to the UFC.
Btw. isn't he 7:0 because he failed a test for marijuana or something like that ?

Alihan Vahaev climbs to 7-2 after grinding into a unanimous decision (30-27) win against tough veteran Kazbek Saidaliev, who falls to 7-3.
Not the most impressive win, or the most exciting fight, but looked strong on the ground and once again proved to have a good chin. He does have a jab, but seems like he's easily lured into brawls, which is something alarming. With his absurd reach, if he fights technical and rangy, he should be able to do great things. Turned 25 recently.

6cdfea76fd78527d5ecba72d03a38180.png

Goncharov stopped Bellator and Strikeforce veteran Brandon Cash in the first round with some violent GNP, climbing to 11-2. He earned a titleshot against WFCA champion Zelimkhan Umiev (11-1).

ed503cbd6554cf2ba40776ac636f6164.png

Last edited:
Now I don't see this guy as a prospect, not just because he's raw and also 30, but Jair Rozenstruik reminded me of Black Beast for some reason.

Climbed to 5-0 and could probably be looking at a fight with Delija, which he would most likely lose via takedowns. Seems like a fun guy to watch though, whenever his cardio isn't depleted.

Fun guy to watch indeed, decent kickboxing record (62-6-2 with 52 KO). I remember him flatlining Adegbuyi who's a top 3 Glory Heavyweight.

giphy.gif

Solid win from Dyczka

1a9dcec526fcbdb93212c7957f78e436.gif

I expected more from Prasel who was just spamming takedowns.

that's a hillarious KO

Dyczka is in need of a balanced opponent. last few have had holes

even if it's someone like geronimo or de fries

That KO from Dyczka is weird as FUCK.

Also, Tapology has Goncharov as 10-5, including that win. He was also listed as 9-5 when PFL announced he was joining their tournament? On that note, how is he fighting in Russia if he's signed an exclusive tourney deal with PFL?

That KO from Dyczka is weird as FUCK.

Also, Tapology has Goncharov as 10-5, including that win. He was also listed as 9-5 when PFL announced he was joining their tournament? On that note, how is he fighting in Russia if he's signed an exclusive tourney deal with PFL?
He's 11-2 now

He's 11-2 now

That's always been my peeve with Tapology, some of the russians like Magomed Idrisov and Rashid Yusupov have losses that shouldn't be there, as they happened on obscure shows against debuting guys and the like, meaning that it was most likely just a guy with a similar or even the same name.

That's always been my peeve with Tapology, some of the russians like Magomed Idrisov and Rashid Yusupov have losses that shouldn't be there, as they happened on obscure shows against debuting guys and the like, meaning that it was most likely just a guy with a similar or even the same name.
Yeah i reported that about Idrisov, maybe they will check.

Very bizarre, because Idrisov and Saidulaev have nothing in common and they're 4 weight classes apart..

I couldn't find anything to prove about the Yusupov fight but you're right about that as well.

Yeah i reported that about Idrisov, maybe they will check.

Very bizarre, because Idrisov and Saidulaev have nothing in common and they're 4 weight classes apart..

I couldn't find anything to prove about the Yusupov fight but you're right about that as well.

I sent them a message about Yusupov's record. Posted some info about the other Yusupov (native of Sochi, place where the event was being held) the fact that Gorets' Rashid has never fought at MW (weight class where the tourney was contested) and the fact that all of Yusupov's subsequent M-1 Global bouts list him as being undefeated.

Hopefully it will be enough.

It must be hard for Tapology to keep track of sometimes - there are SO FUCKING MANY of these Dagestan/Caucasus nations fight orgs right now, all with shitloads of guys with the same/very similar names. Tapology do a great job usually but I reckon keeping track of that part of te world must be a nightmare (Brazil too, maybe).

I know a guy who does some work for Tapology, he said he will pass the issues with records on. So if you guys have any fights that are on the wrong fighter's record just drop me a message with the fight in question and preferably some evidence/proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back