Training in Thailand

meditate

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello ,

first post here,wanted to check with you guys on what gym can you recommend in Thailand.

Im looking for a gym in the mountains preferably as im more of a mountain nature guy than next to the ocean. So i want to go for a 3 month stay. but ive never done this before. So wanted to check with you guys if this is recommended, feedback from people who actually have experience and who actually spent time training in Thailand.

if a gym has a small room next to it to sleep,shower,safe would be really great.

your advise is well appreciated .Thanks

Kem Muay Thai gym is also one to look into.

I have not trained there myself though so cannot speak for it.

Kem Muay Thai gym is also one to look into.

I have not trained there myself though so cannot speak for it.

already contacted them. just waiting to see who has a better offer and good reviews . for now charn chai looks like a winner

Hi
I been living in Thailand quite a few years now. It sounds like you would want to go to chiang mai or pai.
In chiang mai I only know of team quest. In Pai I don't know any. Only been up there for 2 days and it wasn't for training.
There is also one in Issan (sisaket) that I know of as I am friends with the guy on face book. His name is saolek pawphrommannong. Sisaket would be cheap and little distractions or much to do I imagine.
I am much more familiar with training in Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Tao and Pattaya so if you need any recommendations from them you can ask.
Maybe you want to be away from distractions like partying or hookers but you could be limiting yourself a bit not considering some other areas.

Hi
I been living in Thailand quite a few years now. It sounds like you would want to go to chiang mai or pai.
In chiang mai I only know of team quest. In Pai I don't know any. Only been up there for 2 days and it wasn't for training.
There is also one in Issan (sisaket) that I know of as I am friends with the guy on face book. His name is saolek pawphrommannong. Sisaket would be cheap and little distractions or much to do I imagine.
I am much more familiar with training in Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Tao and Pattaya so if you need any recommendations from them you can ask.
Maybe you want to be away from distractions like partying or hookers but you could be limiting yourself a bit not considering some other areas.

which gym would you recommend in Phuket?

Hi

yeah already made plans and will pay for charn chai gym if i dont find something, will spend the first 2 month there if i like it , i stay there or move towards bangkok or phuket . yeah not into the life of hookers /drinking and so . just want a calm place were i can focus on my training and be away from people "except people i train/sparr/fight with"

Last edited:
Depends on your weight and what you want to improve

I don't know about the gyms in Pai or Chiang Mai, but just because they're in these communities doesn't mean they're in a peaceful, mountainous location. Maybe they are, but you should check it out first before you commit. You can be an hour away from the mountains in Chiang Mai because of the traffic.

I lived for 3 years near this gym (see link below), and it's in a nice area. I can't attest to how good the gym itself is, but it seems pretty good based on its website.

You'll be near Thailand's nicest national park, and the area is REAL Thailand, where the only foreigners you're likely to see are at the Muay Thai gym, and in the city of Korat (what the locals call Nakhon Ratchasima). In Pai and in Chiang Mai you'll see tons of foreigners....some visitors to Thailand don't mind that, some do. As well, this gym - despite its seemingly remote location - is convenient to Bangkok, in case you need or would like to go there.

http://kemmuaythaigym.com/about-us/

I don't know about the gyms in Pai or Chiang Mai, but just because they're in these communities doesn't mean they're in a peaceful, mountainous location. Maybe they are, but you should check it out first before you commit. You can be an hour away from the mountains in Chiang Mai because of the traffic.

I lived for 3 years near this gym (see link below), and it's in a nice area. I can't attest to how good the gym itself is, but it seems pretty good based on its website.

You'll be near Thailand's nicest national park, and the area is REAL Thailand, where the only foreigners you're likely to see are at the Muay Thai gym, and in the city of Korat (what the locals call Nakhon Ratchasima). In Pai and in Chiang Mai you'll see tons of foreigners....some visitors to Thailand don't mind that, some do. As well, this gym - despite its seemingly remote location - is convenient to Bangkok, in case you need or would like to go there.

http://kemmuaythaigym.com/about-us/

i checked this gym, sounds good but its abit expensive for its worth . i mean for what they charge , ill stick with tiger gym

Which one? The one in Phuket?
the "kemmuaythaigym" is 40000 baht a month , which i think its expensive, as said before if im paying that much ill go with "7muaythai.com" or "tigergym" although the 7muaythai gym is really strict with rules, no alcohol, everyone need to sleep at 9 , no phones or laptops permitted past 9 pm , something i really respect about "7muaythai.com" but dang its freakin expesnive

Khem Muay thai seems like a resort so you'd not only be paying for a normal gym

Khem Muay thai seems like a resort so you'd not only be paying for a normal gym

yeah exactly , i think when it comes to good gym i need to look for none commercial ones,ones that doesnt have a website

yeah exactly , i think when it comes to good gym i need to look for none commercial ones,ones that doesnt have a website
I'd probably go to Kem Muay Thai or similar places if i could afford it. It'd make for a nice vacation

I'd probably go to Kem Muay Thai or similar places if i could afford it. It'd make for a nice vacation

yeah for people looking to vacate im with you , but at the moment im not , im prepping .. so a serious,technical gym is what im looking for , 7muaythai is pro... but damn its 1200$ a month

LOOOOL

Go to issan between buffalo and mosquito and you can get free ''dengue fever' if you are lucky.

Non commercial gym doesnt seems to be a good training camp, if they dont care about you, they will dont care about YOU, commercial or not, thats it.

First rules for choose a place to train is to know what did you search, improving clinching ? Western Boxing ? Technical Skills ? And second if they have some fighter at your weight ?

1200$ for training + food + room its actually the average price for training camp in most of place in Thailand.

I can recomend you one gym of my friend near Korat, but you have to train hard, more than 5H a day and the price is fair

LOOOOL

Go to issan between buffalo and mosquito and you can get free ''dengue fever' if you are lucky.

Non commercial gym doesnt seems to be a good training camp, if they dont care about you, they will dont care about YOU, commercial or not, thats it.

First rules for choose a place to train is to know what did you search, improving clinching ? Western Boxing ? Technical Skills ? And second if they have some fighter at your weight ?

1200$ for training + food + room its actually the average price for training camp in most of place in Thailand.

I can recomend you one gym of my friend near Korat, but you have to train hard, more than 5H a day and the price is fair

whats the name of the gym? ill check it out

I've heard good things about Kiatphontip

Talk to @anorak i think he/she is a lady boy fighter in that gym

Back