Doom Metal / Dark Sludge / Stoner Rock etc. Warning: LOUD AND HEAVY! Spark up!

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tumblr_okxgwddhkY1w5slrzo1_500.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I never really been into labeling bands. I like what I like. And my friends say I am the biggest asshole in the world when it comes to music. I just really enjoy fast heavy music. Weed eater is growing on me tho, same with Mastodon.

What? No Bongripper yet?

Bong-Ra, who usually releases break-core and other related stuff that I don't like, suddenly made that awesome song. He made a full set in that style at Roadburn last month, I really enjoyed it.

What? No Bongripper yet?

Bong-Ra, who usually releases break-core and other related stuff that I don't like, suddenly made that awesome song. He made a full set in that style at Roadburn last month, I really enjoyed it.

Also you cannot forget about these guys.

I ate some edibles yesterday around 8 PM and listened to the new Sleep album the Sciences just as I was starting to peak and damn was it amazing.

Surprised no one posted Kyuss yet. I know the band members don't like the band being labeled as Stoner Metal/Rock but they are a quintessential band to the development of the genre in the 90's.

Them and Sleep basically laid the foundation for what Stoner Metal would end up sounding like. Then you have Electric Wizard in the UK who I feel is the band that perfected the sound of Stoner Doom.

The first song Return Trip from their second album Come My Fanatics… released in 1997 is just on a whole another level. It is 2018 and still the song sounds unique, new and fresh. Jus Osborn and company sure knew how to produce heavy mammoth songs. They took the template Black Sabbath set with their third album Master of Reality released in 1971 and made it heavier and slowed it down just slightly.

Damn do I love Doom Metal and all its sub genres

Also 16 is a band that is highly underrated. A really good Sludge Metal band that had a cult following in the 90's and is still recording and touring. Their second album Drop Out from 1996 is amazing and I love the final self titled track from it.

Also I made this playlist a little over a year ago. It is an ever expanding playlist of most everything under Doom. From Black Sabbath all the way to Queens Of The Stone Age and everything in between

I’m at rancho de la Luna right now. Where kyuss used to record

It's a shame the band is on hiatus and may never make music again. I really dig their sound.

Another great band that won't produce anything new as the vocalist died of cancer a few months before their first and only album was released.

Just came out a couple of days ago.

Came across these guys a while ago. Had some tracks that put me onto them but they seem to have been taken down.

Were Cathedral already mentioned?

Back