Video of Raquel Pennington's corner after RD 4

They should have ended it right there honestly.

They gave her the opportunity to be a warrior

She was already down 4 rds and wasn’t going to win. Idk what they expected her to do

Why would you try to convince your own fighter to keep going when they say they are done? They are the one in the fight taking all the damage. That was ridiculous. She says she is done. Throw in the towel.

Last edited:
I can understand a little bit why the corner didn't call it. They may have been thinking Rocky would regret it in a few weeks looking back saying, "damn! I should have went in for the fifth round." I mean it was a championship fight regardless of how bad she was losing.

But then again, maybe they should have listened to their fighter and stopped and threw in the towel.

Tough decision.

You don't have to look into her eyes to see that she was looking for help from her corner. And her stupid corner telling her to get back out there, and do what?

Easy for the corner man to say, when he's not in there fighting, all busted up. He's not the one gonna be recovering. I can tell that guy is a piece of shit.

Why would you try to convince your own fighter to keep going when they say they are done? They are the one in they are taking all the damage. That was ridiculous. She says she is done. Throw in the towel.

The regret and what if’s from the future could really eat away at her. Knowing that she still had a chance to ko Amanda, no matter how slim.

She could have countered him by saying “No! Fuck all that, I said, I’m DONE”

No matter how stupid, it was extremely brave of her to go back in the 5th knowing that she had nothing left. That takes courage and I can’t shit on her for that

these guys are fucking assholes. you are there to SUPPORT the fighter.
they should be banned.
once a fighter verbally admits to being 'done', it's over. disgusting.

Last edited:

I encourage everyone to read between the lines and understand we can not possibly understand the relationship between her and her coaches.. They know her best

She chose to say i want to be done..why not just say i quit or im done..shes looking for encouragement a reason to contuine..her coaches talk her through it and try and refocus her..she had a real tough fight coming of a lay off ofcourse theres some mental bugs there..

I dont see much of problem here..if she came out of and pulled of the 5th round sub like tate did..no1 would be saying shit but how great it was or maybe even praising the corner for her win..stop making something out of nothing

They gave her the opportunity to be a warrior

images

Back