Blink 182 vs Green Day

I don't listen to either of them to be an intellectual. I'd pick Blink, because they're more fun.

Whew boy. Both are fucking terrible.

I'll take The Offspring for 500$ Alex

Good band but not on Blink 182 and Green Days level

Pretty fly for a white guy was pure shit

Not for my money. Their early music blows both Green Day and Blink out of the water. Not even a contest.

Blink 182 were awesome, at least through Take off your Pants and Jacket.

Green Day sucked, then they made the American Idiot album and they somehow managed to suck even harder.

Take off your pants and jacket > green day

I enjoy both, if I have to choose I'll say Green Day.

Blink 182 sucks ass. As a punk music lover I feel disgusted by them.
Green day 3 first albums where ok and they get the pass from most punk lovers, but 182 is just awful.
Travis parker is legit tho, the transplants are one of my favorite bands and he really shines with them.

Cheshire Cat was angsty enough at the right time that it will always be a special album for me.

However...this is my favorite song by far from either of the two.

I still like Blink (to an extent) while I can only listen to bits of Green day here and there and nothing from them.

Kerplunk is a great album but Dookie was their best IMO (talking about GD)

Have a few decent songs here and there.

JAR is a great song and remember it was on that movie Angus

Green Day uses more chords, Blink 182 use more single note riffs

Green Day destroys Blink live its not even close

Also, folks saying Take Off Your Pants, lets be serious Enema is 10x the album TOYPAJ is

Blink for me. I couldn't stand Green Day. There's something the lead singer of GD does with his voice that really annoys me.

As I've gotten older though, my will to listen to Blink has dwindled. I do it only for nostalgic purposes every few years. I like Boxcar Racer, Angels and Airwaves, and +44 as well.

Lol.

Holy zombie thread.

Always thought Green Day were awful. Blink had some jams though

I liked Blink, never could stand Green Day

Always preferred their slower, less dopey songs such as Adam's Song, Stockholm Syndrome, and Stay Together For The Kids over songs like All The Small Things and First Date.

Green Day. They had some classics and were more consistent in their heyday.

Blink 182 were just too silly and I couldn't stand their voices. It's a shame because Travis was a beast of a drummer.

I discovered Green Day 26 years ago almost to the day (June 29th 1994) when they made their first television appearance on the David Letterman show. They quickly became my favorite band and remained so until around 2009 when I could no longer connect emotionally to the lyrics Billie wrote and their sound drastically changed.

I understand, expect and encourage bands to explore different avenues and to grow artistically and not be the same as they were twenty-plus years ago. However, Green Day’s sound within’ the last decade has not so gradually abandoned any resemblance of what made them an iconic band.

The most recent album ‘Father of All Motherfuckers’ sounds more like their 2007 garage rock side project (Foxboro Hot Tubs) than it does Green Day.

The band will always have a special place in my heart, especially because of the albums they put out from 1994 – 2004 (Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, American Idiot) I was 16 when Dookie came out and 25 at the release of American Idiot, those are turbulent times for many teenage boys and they helped me get through a lot of bullshit and helped me celebrate a lot of happy occasions.

Now and again I’ll pull out the playlist that has some of my favorite songs by them, have a glass of scotch and let the nostalgia wash over me and think about being that 17-year-old kid playing along to Green Day on a piece of shit $400 drum kit that I bought with the money I saved sacking groceries for old ladies at the Piggly Wiggly.

Good times.

TL;DR: Blink 182

(kidding! Green Day)

Back