Jon Fitch Thinks He's Relevant

Fitch still finding his place on the list of all time great welterweights.

Adding Jake Shields and Yushin Okami to his resume certainly hasin't hurt, nor would a win vs. Paul Daley.

WSOF was a good place for him, as he mostly fought guys closer to his age. Bellator will be tough, as the best WWs are under 30. I think a prime Fitch would have a chance against Lima, Koreshkhov and maybe Rory, though.

No there isn't..

The days of UFC and Pride are long gone..

It is like saying there is more to wrestling than WWE. Used to be when there was WCW.. Long gone..

Wrestling seems like a bad example, as most agree the best matches are outside the WWE.

Wrestling seems like a bad example, as most agree the best matches are outside the WWE.

Uh ok.. And what companies would this be? Because as little as maybe five years ago I was reading an interview with Ric Flair where he was moaning how there is no competition whatsoever and literally no ability for anybody to work anymore because they have no place to go other than WWE.. TNA? Are they still around? Some of the old WWE guys went there briefly and then went back. I think Flair and Hogan both went didn’t they?

Uh ok.. And what companies would this be? Because as little as maybe five years ago I was reading an interview with Ric Flair where he was moaning how there is no competition whatsoever and literally no ability for anybody to work anymore because they have no place to go other than WWE.. TNA? Are they still around? Some of the old WWE guys went there briefly and then went back. I think Flair and Hogan both went didn’t they?
I'll look through match/fighter of the year lists and the vast majority is usually comprised of stuff from Japan or some smaller promotion like PWG or ROH.

What Ric Flair was probably speaking of was there being no company that can directly compete with WWE in terms of size and financials. That's true. But in terms of the best match quality and places where wrestlers can really perform at their best, you got to look outside the WWE.

Last edited:
I'll look through match/fighter of the year lists and the vast majority is usually comprised of stuff from Japan or some smaller promotion like PWG or ROH.

What Ric Flair was probably speaking of was there being no company that can directly compete with WWE in terms of size and financials. That's true. But in terms of the best match quality and places where wrestlers can really perform at their best, you got to look outside the WWE.

Fair enough..

yeah you have won 4 fights in a row, but that certainly doesn't mean you are the best welterweight around.

Dude <45>

If I wanted to watch paint dry, I'd review any of your fights.

GSP would probably get more legacy points fighting Bruce Buffer.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/jon-fitch-stars-could-align-rematch-georges-st-pierre-ufc-bellator-199

Dude <45>

If I wanted to watch paint dry, I'd review any of your fights.

GSP would probably get more legacy points fighting Bruce Buffer.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/jon-fitch-stars-could-align-rematch-georges-st-pierre-ufc-bellator-199

I agree with Eddies reaction to Fitch saying that. Him and Daley in their primes and now are meh

Fitch is a tough as nails grit iron kinda dude. Nothing but love for that guy

100x more relevant than you'll ever be.

Jon “Smoke Break” Fitch ... are you not entertained Scott Coker? Now you know why Dana cut him immediately after Hendricks knocked him out, so he wouldn’t derail anymore hype trains while simultaneously putting people to sleep.

Jon “Smoke Break” Fitch ... are you not entertained Scott Coker? Now you know why Dana cut him immediately after Hendricks knocked him out, so he wouldn’t derail anymore hype trains while simultaneously putting people to sleep.

Fitch weathering that Paul Daley storm at the end of the first round wasn't exciting enough for you? Go watch a bumfights dvd if all you're interested in is excessive head trauma. I enjoy the grappling aspect of MMA.

Fitch weathering that Paul Daley storm at the end of the first round wasn't exciting enough for you? Go watch a bumfights dvd if all you're interested in is excessive head trauma. I enjoy the grappling aspect of MMA.
What about rounds 2 and 3? You enjoyed that? Luckily the UFC had a fight going on so I could look away from the tablet which was playing Bellator

What about rounds 2 and 3? You enjoyed that? Luckily the UFC had a fight going on so I could look away from the tablet which was playing Bellator

Yes, watching a smothering force suck the will out of another fighter as he keeps advancing position is interesting to watch.

I mean he was WSOF champ and is one fight away at most from a Bellator title shot so he kinda is.

That GSP rematch though....I mean I know everyone gotta have dreams but lol never gonna happen.

Fitch is a great test imo to see if the fighter has championship grappling or not. At this stage in his career he has no striking, so if you can stuff fitch's takedowns, you can pretty much beat him

too bad Daley still hasn't improved his ground game dating back to when he fought Kos

Back