Official Women's Division Discussion #25

You're all a bunch of weirdos. Haha.

The Performance Institute will have their hands full with a stubborn Dern. They'll need to convince her to do a series of mini cuts and bulks between fights to significantly improve body composition and reduce maintenance weight. It'll take a while and it's sad because she obviously has potential.

Right now is when it needs to happen, she needs to be all in or all out. No more missing weight, no more bullshit. If she's going to stay in the UFC and talk about being the best.... then she needs start taking shit seriously and they need to be hard on her. If she doesn't want to take it seriously and just wants to fight in Invicta or wherever for fun, thats fine. But she needs to make a decision and make it now.

I would say most of the reason why I don't enjoy MMA as much today is because there always seems to be so much drama that's not pertaining to the actual fights.

Yup... this is where I've been for a long time now. The drama and Conor turned me into the casual-ist of casuals. I probally only watch about 5-10% of the male UFC fights at this point.... and the number is steadily decreasing. Its crazy.

Edit: Also the pacing of the shows gets worse and worse every year. I can't keep my attention on shit for as long as these goddamn cards take anymore.... So that plays a part also I think.

I do remember the Kinberly Novaes overweight because she
missed weight by 5.8 lbs against a 116 lb limit and Shannon
Knapp fined her 25% of her purse and the Missouri State Athletic
Commission fined her a farther 10% of her purse.

Here's everyone notable that Mei Yamaguchi has fought under various rulesets:

Megumi Fujii
Rena
Ayaka Hamasaki
Seo Hee Ham
Emi Fujino
Namtam por Muangphet
Ai Takahashi
MIO
Yuka Tsuji
Saori Ishioka
Sarami
Gina Iniong
Katja Kankaanpaa
Mika Nagano
Mina Kurobe
Angela Lee
Istela Nunes

She's never been stopped, has a handful of robbery losses, and even more close split decisions losses. She's the most underrated wmma fighter I think, especially being as she's not even big for atomweight. Probably towards end of her career, but she's rad.

Last edited:
What i find to be funny but true is if Mackenzie Dern could
lose 8-10 lbs and lower her BMI by a bunch to go along with
dieting & conditioning she would look like a totally different
fighter.

I always pictured BigMuffler as a 5 ft chick responding to posts while in a singlet.

Boxer Alma Garcia (2-5) named Bec Rawlings opponent for Bare knuckle Boxing

32395253_10216118995869812_2024829762962194432_n.jpg

Honestly, with the talent pool in women's boxing, Bec could be much more successful than in mma.

Honestly, with the talent pool in women's boxing, Bec could be much more successful than in mma.

Another way of looking at it, if she's as successful as she was in mma she'll get a few fights & lose most.

A bit of a different animal. There are huge gaps between the good and bad and politics between sanctioning bodies and promoters.

But no legit boxer would do bare knuckle boxing anyways. No money and the possibility of breaking their hands.

A few days ago, Brazilian middleweight kickboxer Barbara Nepomuceno announced she had signed with a new management company:

Now, she has already announced her signing with Korean promotion Road FC, and will make her pro mma debut with them:

Gotta hand it to RoadFC they are actually building a lightweight division. Some inexperience but you got to start somewhere.

You know, I’d say that 95% of the time, I love this sport. That other 5%? Usually consists of occasions that either frustrate me, disappoint me, or disgust me.

Dern vs Cooper is definitely an example of all three that fall into that 5%. That a lazy, unconditioned person who obviously doesn’t take the sport seriously, and is only in it for the minor fame it brings, can bring down a fighter who trains full time, and takes it seriously, with a sloppy ass haymaker is definitely an example of the “anything can happen in mma” mantra can make this sport look bad.

Same here on loving 95% & the other 5% not so much. And none of us agree on the parts we enjoy and which parts disgust us. Here's a couple examples where my opinions differ from the seemingly popular ones.

Apart from weight issues (which hopefully she'll manage) I enjoy watching Dern fight. Her seamless transition from the overhand right to following Cooper to the ground to getting her into the rear naked choke was a thing of rare beauty. For all Cooper's talk of experience where is her defense. Cooper grossly underestimated Dern's talents and the years she spent developing her skills.

Nunes has been successful the past few years in changing her style from fight to fight. Nearly no one acknowledges it. Most of the talk on the main boards is people dissing everyone and everything. Often from people who only watch a clip and don't even watch the full fight. Even those of us who watch the full fights appear here with radically different things they want to discuss.

Often times I'll click like on comments here because I enjoy reading the different opinions from people who sincerely enjoy watching the full fights and can talk about them without jerking themselves off. Not necessarily because I agree with them.

Didn't she shatter her leg not too long ago? That first leg kick basically ended the fight being competitive.

Good call. Rocky mentioned today on the mma hour that the reason she was wiped out after round four was from the leg kicks. That first one was brutal and Amanda kept zeroing in on them throughout.

Good call. Rocky mentioned today on the mma hour that the reason she was asswiped out after round four was from the ass kicks. That first one was brutal and Amanda kept zeroing in on them throughout.

Bellator 202 adds former title contender Emily Ducote (6-4-0) vs. Veta Arteaga (3-2-0).

Also it doesn't seem like Helena Kolesnyk is aiming for TUF. She recently posted on Instagram about wanting to fight in Invicta soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back