If Hoy Nelson beats Mirko, should Cheick Kongo be the alternate instead?

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Was thinking about the alternate tournament fight between Nelson and Mirko that's gonna happen at Bellator 200.

If Roy Nelson were to win and someone gets injured, would you feel that it would sully the grand prix? Nelson was already part of the original 8 before he lost to Meathead. And if Bader gets injured, having Nelson vs Mitrione again in the same tournament would be pretty lame, at least in my opinion.

It would be like Joao Zeferino fighting Brian Foster twice in the WSOF tournament back in 2015.

I'm definitely on beard for Kongo being the alternate instead of Nelson. (Assuming Nelson wins, of course)

What do you guys think?
DdGSZfhVAAAKwkB.jpg

I thought Kongo/Ayala was an alternate fight

I think Kongo deserves the spot. Plus he dominated Ayala easier than Nelson did. Not a fan of re-entry of loosing fighters in tournaments

Also Mirko is schedule to be part of Rizin 11 July 29th not sure how this plays out for a gp spot

They should of just had a bigger tournament, Kongo posses the most impressive record in Bellator and he isn't even in the tournament, disgraceful.

I would prefer to see Kharitonov as an alternate.
No way that happens, he barely fights for Bellator.

Kongo deserves the spot based on the fact that he's their most successful HW atm.

Yeah, Kongo deserves the spot over everyone with his record and that KO. Also, if an alternative is not needed, Kongo should fight the Nelson/Cro Cop winner, and whomever comes out on top should be the first to challenge for the title when the tournament is over. If no alternative is needed, whichever guy doesn't get in the tournament should challenge the tournament winner.

Last edited:
yes

putting Roy back in would be ridiculous

I agree, even though I like Roy more than Kongo and Roy did KO Kongo in the UFC. Letting a fighter back in after a loss is just wrong. If Roy somehow won, it would be funny to see how triggered Mitrionie would get, though.

Also Mirko is schedule to be part of Rizin 11 July 29th not sure how this plays out for a gp spot
He’s said in an interview he isn’t fighting for bellator again this year, 200 is a 1 time thing

Kongo's penis is probably much larger so i vote for Kongo.

King Kongo is the most boring fighter in existence. His last fight showed a good KO but he'll be back to stalling against the cage in no time.

I thought Kongo/Ayala was an alternate fight
Originally, it was supposed to be Kongo, Ayala, and two other competitors as the alternates. Announced by Coker after the Rampage/Chael fight.

Then Kongo vs Ayala was announced with no mention of the two other competitors or the tournament.

And finally, Cro Cop vs Nelson was announced as the alternate match.

He’s said in an interview he isn’t fighting for bellator again this year, 200 is a 1 time thing

Who exactly is it Cro cop is gonna fight in Rizin? The only people I can think of is loans from Bellator, Philip De Fries (if KSW let's a high level guy like that go there), or an Ishii rematch.

Who exactly is it Cro cop is gonna fight in Rizin? The only people I can think of is loans from Bellator, Philip De Fries (if KSW let's a high level guy like that go there), or an Ishii rematch.
Antonio Silva

Back