Jon Fitch Thinks He's Relevant

I mean he was WSOF champ and is one fight away at most from a Bellator title shot so he kinda is.

That GSP rematch though....I mean I know everyone gotta have dreams but lol never gonna happen.
yeah... that would require GSP to leave the UFC(not happening) or fitch to get back to the UFC and be relevant enough to earn the shot. I mean, if he beats Rory, Askren, Woodley etc and then calls out GSP maybe it happens

I'm not this kind of fan in general, but god he is so boring.

If you do not think that Fitch is relevant in MMA then you either started watching MMA last week or you are one of the people who thinks "UFC" is the sport and not "MMA".

Hes 40 years old now and still competing at a high level. 5 fight win streak with wins over Okami, Shields, and Daley during the streak.

Where's Big Mac Hendricks when you need him

Hes 40 years old now and still competing at a high level. 5 fight win streak with wins over Okami, Shields, and Daley during the streak.
That's nothing to brag about. Dude is a solid minor league guy, bellator will feed him to Rory now and he'll be embarrassed again. He's irrelevant in any sense of fighting top guys these days.

That's nothing to brag about. Dude is a solid minor league guy, bellator will feed him to Rory now and he'll be embarrassed again. He's irrelevant in any sense of fighting top guys these days.

Losing to arguably the best WW in the world hardly makes someone irrelevant. I don't think he is going to win any titles at this stage of his career but I think he can at least put on a good fight against most of the top tiered guys at 170.

I'd say beating Shields, Okami and Daley (who are all younger than Fitch) is something to be proud of. It doesn't make him a Top 5 current WW, but he's doing great for a 40-year old. And he's more relevant than Daley, who's never learned to deal with grapplers and can't beat elite strikers.

Last edited:
Id like to see him fight Nick Diaz.

Well, he was the WSOF & PFL WW champion, and now signed with Bellator...
So I would say he pretty much is.
lost to GSP.. no big deal. also to Hendricks, Burkman (no one loses to burkman), Maia, Palhares

lost to GSP.. no big deal. also to Hendricks, Burkman (no one loses to burkman), Maia, Palhares
In fact, I think Burkman is still in the UFC as a fuck you to Fitch.

Hes Relevant as long as he's Winning.

Finch is like Khabib he imposes his will at will.

don't like it stop it

He's insane if he thinks he wanna see him fight gsp again

your pont?
he lost to 3 great fighters and a bad one.
Anderson SIlva, a legend also lost to some low grade fighters...

Fitch should be doing something good to be in such great company.

He is currently at #11 on Fight Matrix! Honestly think he deserves a title shot against Rory.

You’re confusing relevant with entertaining.

You can’t ridicule someone for considering himself relevant if you don’t even have an operaitional definition of relevance to refute his claim.

So here is my definition: A fighter is still relevant if any fighter in the top 20 would still be reasonably proud to defeat said fighter.

By that definition, Fitch is still relevant. Beating him is still something to take pride in. Ken Shamrock is not relevant. A top 20 guy shouldn’t brag about beating Ken at this time in his career.

Back