Video of Raquel Pennington's corner after RD 4

The fighter is usually not being forced by the corner to fight. The fighter, in this case, said that they were "done" and got pushed to go out anyways.

If you can't see the difference, that's your problem.

The chances of Pennington winning the fight at the 5th there were about as good as a me or you winning the lottery and getting several million dollars. Her leg was battered due to the leg kicks lowering her mobility. She doesn't have much of a submission game, her KO power is practically non-existent, and she hasn't fought in over a year and a half, this is IGNORING her potentially broken nose at this point which also messes up her breathing. Her best shots Amanda ate with ease to the point she just smiled at them each time.

So tell me, outside of Amanda getting a freak accident during that 5th round, how would Pennington win legit? She wanted out, her coach was able to convince her to fight the last round and hope to just get the decision win but it didn't turn out that way.

That is patently false. Many things can happen in a fight, but not "anything".

For example, Pennington isn't suddenly going to shank Nunes with a shiv. The same way she's not going to finish Nunes via KO/TKO or submission. Her only way out would be a freak injury to Nunes, and the chances of that are so negligible, they might as well be none to negative. Betting on those kinds of odds is a sure way to lose money, but of course the coaches are OK with it, because they're not the ones being pummeled for 20 minutes.

As I have said, hindsight is 20/20.

If Pennington had gone out and finished Amanda, none of you would be whining about this.

You wouldn't have said, "good win for Pennington, but truthfully speaking, her corner should've stopped the fight when she wanted to give up".

It's a fight. Anything could happen in a fight.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Right, but you don't need 20/20 hindsight to shut a fight down when a fighter repeatedly tells you they want out heading into the final round. This shouldn't be a results-oriented question. The responsible thing to do was to stop the fight when she asked for it three times. What happened in the 5th round one way or the other really shouldn't matter.

The regret and what if’s from the future could really eat away at her. Knowing that she still had a chance to ko Amanda, no matter how slim.

She could have countered him by saying “No! Fuck all that, I said, I’m DONE”

No matter how stupid, it was extremely brave of her to go back in the 5th knowing that she had nothing left. That takes courage and I can’t shit on her for that
She showed enough courage in the first 4, she had no chance of KO’ng her, not a slim chance, she had none

Her corner are idiots, now that it’s all done what did they achieve ? Does she appreciate getting sent out after quitting ? I doubt it

Interesting moral conundrum. The corner, the ref, and the fighter themselves can stop the fight at any time. It's not necessarily evil if they advise her to keep going and she doesn't sit it out. But I don't see any real obvious answer either way.

Just watched the first round. Nunes is dominating her.

With Rockys lay off and near career ending injury, I'm surprised she was deemed eligible to even take the title shot.

Edit: and Nunes is targeting her leg too! Is that the injured one? I thought they were friends. lol wtf.

That's why I'm side-eyeing Amanda Nunes. You mean to tell me she couldn't targeted some other spot than her injured leg? This is a match, not a streetfight.
:eek::confused:o_O<6><{danawhoah}><30><{cruzshake}>

God damn you, after reading your post, I had to google her selfies. Man?! I seriously have never seen such an unattractive nude women before. Man?! SMH. I’m not joking, seriously, are we sure she is not transgender? I’m honestly asking. She seriously looks like a man.
Psst, Google Buck Cherry. Raquel Pennington is sorta like that. But Whom I'm Kidding? I would smash if asked and I probably would wine and dine. However, Raquel would have to wear skirts, dresses, panties and thongs. I have standards dammnit! And absolutely, positively no
boxers, granny panties or boyshorts! :eek::confused:o_O:(:mad::rolleyes:;):):D:p<Moves><45><Lmaoo><30><{outtahere}><{MingNope}>{<jordan}<mma4>{<tongue}[<cena1}<Goldie11>{<BJPeen}{<redford}<GinJuice>

Last edited:
Lol at all the white knights in here.
Silent as church mice atm Rocky backs her corner up.

That's why I'm side-eyeing Amanda Nunes. You mean to tell me she couldn't targeted some other spot than her injured leg? This is a match, not a streetfight.
:eek::confused:o_O<6><{danawhoah}><30><{cruzshake}>
She really tried to play up the friendship bs too. I get that she want to win, but damn, Raquell nearly lost that same leg 7 months ago. Aint no friendship in that cage.

of course she did, she's a classy fighter.

You expect her to come out and publicly blast the people who have stuck by her and trained her?

Still, the corner fucked up. It is not even subjective. This doesn't mean they are total fuckups or that she should change camps. This one incident was a fuck up, and I hope they've come to realize this so they don't put any of their fighters in that position again.

of course she did, she's a classy fighter.

You expect her to come out and publicly blast the people who have stuck by her and trained her?

Still, the corner fucked up. It is not even subjective. This doesn't mean they are total fuckups or that she should change camps. This one incident was a fuck up, and I hope they've come to realize this so they don't put any of their fighters in that position again.

Not at all LOL This is not something a couch potato sherdogger can possibly understand. She hit a wall and her corner did exactly what they are fucking paid to do. She wasnt even that fucked. IMO Ronda at the end of round 1 vs Holly was worse off.

When will Sherdoggers stop being wow’d by a bit of blood.

And people saying she had no chance to win why the fuck did she bother to begin with? Hindsight is 20/20 if she had gone in there in the fith and managed to pull off a miracle like Cupcake you all would be praising the corner.

I always say Pain is fleeting regret is forever.
Unless they are copping unanswered shots over and over and over I wouldnt throw in the towel.

You better hurry into all the threads about the heroic fighters fighting through injury and pain
And de-cry their corners as failures and putting their fighters in danger.

It is a goddamb fight you lillylivered nutless sack and not a fucking dance. These fighters go in there with the full knowledge shit is gonna get bad and they rely on their coaches to protect them when they are incapable of stopping on their own accord. On the flipside they are also there to push and motivate the fighter when shit gets rough.

If Rocky really truely wanted to quit she would have waved off the round to the ref. She was looking for motivation and she got it.

Soft cocked pricks like you are the worst fans around. Waaaaaah not enough blood waaaaaaaah to much blood.

Just stfu and appreciate what these guys and gals go through for us fans.

The specatators watching the fight was concerned about her and didn't see the need for her to take anymore damage. Raquel Pennington seemed like she wanted to quit, which would've been fine in my eyes because Amanda Nunes was dominating the fight.

She really tried to play up the friendship bs too. I get that she want to win, but damn, Raquell nearly lost that same leg 7 months ago. Aint no friendship in that cage.
I understand you wanna help your friend get a fair title shot but don't try to end her career!

She was a big mess. Then told to go back out there. Yes if she won they´might had been praised and she´d thanked them and all that shit. But nearly always it´d end badly. She was busted up badly, and then had to get finished where ahd saw blood pouring from her own nose, the entire floor getting flooded with her blood. That was just unnessasary damage and she was clearly out of it mentally. They should had called it there. She looked desperate, like all fighting spirit had left her, and it felt like she really seeked helped to the people she could. Her corner. When turning around. I thin kshe went out there not to let them down, to say okay then...but she needed help. She was done and broken. Such a bad corner to not take care of her and stop it.

Miesha tate of course made some stupid comments about her leaving with "dignity" like an idiot...As if dignity has any say in it..ye getting beaten some more really is the warrior style just bleed right?

So stupid. Penningtong ended Tat´s career, perhaps she just wanted to see her get hammered a bit for that...perhaps not, but what a stupid comment from her about leaving it in the cage when she cleary was done...

My man faber got enough ass on his chin he can twerk it hehe .Anyway i think fighters themselves should tell ref they are done and not look at corner to do it for them.Especially if your corner is so retarded not to see dat u lost all the previous rounds and already took a beating.Everything is caught by cameras these days and in my opinion its even worse to look for way out by lookin at your trainers or tellin them to do it for u.If the corner truly knew their fighter n wat was happening, they would have stoped the fight themselves without Raquel P tellin them shes done.Last thing u want is to listen someone tellin u to keep fighting when u know u got nothing left n u done.Shitty situation to be in,happens alot unfortunately

I hope Pennington makes a full recovery, and seriously considers switching camps.

As I have said, hindsight is 20/20.

If Pennington had gone out and finished Amanda, none of you would be whining about this.
Fucking how, though? You've seen her fight history, right? She doesn't finish top-level fighters, she decisions them.

Let's examine the reality of the situation instead of living in non-existent theory-land.

Back