Do You Believe GSP Can Make 155?

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk recently about GSP possibly going down to 155.

GSP has also mentionned in recent interviews that he can make the weight and even hinted at possibly going down if there was a big fight to be made.

But here's what he had to say when asked about it back in 2013:

Timestamped:

"It would be really hard to do, I don't say it's impossible but I haven't considered it yet.."

Personally, I think he can make it based on how disciplined and strategic he and his team have always been when it comes to planning etc.. But I do believe it would have a significant impact on his performance.

What do you guys think? Can he make the weight? If so, how do you see it affecting his performance?

Right now LW is the money division, you have Conor, Nate, Khabib that would all be great $$ fights for GSP.

GSP best weight was 187, even while trying to bulk up for MW he was only to walk into the cage at 191lbs, a measly 6lbs gain

Plenty of LW's, for instance Khabib and Tony cut down from 190-200lbs and GSP is probably the most disciplined athlete to compete.

If he says he can I have no reason to doubt him, although I do feel like a tune up fight is the right move to see how his body reacts to a cut He's never made before.

If he goes down to 155, Nate beats him.
Cmon lol

Khabib? Maybe

But Nate Diaz?

giphy.gif

Maybe that manufactured colitis claim to duck Bobby might actual be true if he makes 155. Well damn....<TheWire1>

To go from 185 to 155, he's gonna deflate. That's a lot of cardio, will look sickly

I think he can but it won't benefit him.

He definitely can, but I don't know if he should.

Doesn't matter as long as he hits 162 or so. Nate will gladly take a six figure bonus for GSP blowing it

He walks around at like 180-185 normally, from what I've heard. That's like the average walk around weight for LW's these days. And with GSP's work ethic and discipline, I see no reason at all why he couldn't make 155.

Nate might have a hard time cutting to 155 these days. always been a rough cut for him and he's even bigger now due to the layoff.

anyway fight's not happening and if GSP wins another TS or belt in another division and bounces, he's going straight to hell when he dies

He weighs less than Tony walking around so I'm sure he can

I'm not sure he should

Yeah, I think he could. I'm certain he could have at one point in his career, anyway. not entirely sure about 2018

I think he can. He is a big lightweight, average sized welterweight and small middleweight

Back