I just saw Holly Holm in Concert...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, so if someone walks by and they're 250 pounds of muscle, and someone says "he works out," are they referring to that exact moment or that they do so at other regular times?
Are you serious? No shit he works out he is 250lbs of muscle.

Similar scenario, Holly is walking down the street wearing makeup just like she is in the photo. Then you say “she doesn’t wear make up”. Everyone you are talking to is going to think you are an idiot. How are they supposed to gather that information after seeing a person one time, who was wearing make up that one time?

This is actually the exact opposite use of this scenario that you used for Holly.

Now suppose there was a 250lbs guy walking down the street and you look over to your buddy and you say that he doesn’t lift weights. He is going to think you are a dumbass right?

How do you know this anyway? How often to you stalk Holly to find these makeupless pictures?

You proved yourself wrong. Thank you

But he's not working out right that moment. So "works out" in that case means that he's on a regular schedule of working out, right?

But he's not working out right that moment. So "works out" in that case means that he's on a regular schedule of working out, right?
Do you not understand what the definition of context is? How the fuck could a person possibly be 250lbs of muscle and not lift weights?

You said that Holly doesn’t wear makeup and then provided us with a picture that provided the context that she in fact does wear makeup.

Do you not understand what the definition of context is? How the fuck could a person possibly be 250lbs of muscle and not lift weights?

You said that Holly doesn’t wear makeup and then provided us with a picture that provided the context that she in fact does wear makeup.
Aw, struggling to answer the question? Try again. He's not lifting at that moment, but "he lifts weights" means that he lifts weights regularly based on what you know, regardless of whether he's actually working out right that moment.

Sucks when you figure out that you're wrong, doesn't it?

"He's the problem though?" Who's "he," Einstein?
oh wow, I made a typo. Bully for you on catching it, still doesn't change the fact that you made an entire post trying to prove a point and screwed it up with a picture that shot it down it in flames at the same time.

Aw, struggling to answer the question? Try again. He's not lifting at that moment, but "he lifts weights" means that he lifts weights regularly based on what you know, regardless of whether he's actually working out right that moment.

What if someone says they don’t eat meat, then you find out that twice a week that person eats steak. Do they still not eat meat. Or am I just supposed to assume that they mean that they don’t eat it that often?

Why not just say she doesn’t wear makeup that often? To lazy to move you fingers?

Writing is supposed to be clear and concise and shouldn’t be worded in a way that has multiple interpretations when you are trying to be specific.

oh wow, I made a typo. Bully for you on catching it, still doesn't change the fact that you made an entire post trying to prove a point and screwed it up with a picture that shot it down it in flames at the same time.
It’s funny because he thinks he is super smart <45>

What if someone says they don’t eat meat, then you find out that twice a week that person eats steak. Do they still not eat meat. Or am I just supposed to assume that they mean that they don’t eat it that often?

Why not just say she doesn’t wear makeup that often? To lazy to move you fingers?

Writing is supposed to be clear and concise and shouldn’t be worded in a way that has multiple interpretations when you are trying to be specific.
Aww, still trying to duck? "He lifts weights" means he lifts weights regularly, regardless of whether he's actually lifting weights then.

What's amusing to me is that you came back to this thread when you still couldn't answer the original point. Context, dummy. lol.

No but this guy obviously doesn't weight train.

8seTmTr.png

Stupid.

Saying some doesn’t wear make up and then posting a picture of that person wearing make up is super intelligent.

You didn't have a counter-argument which is why you just posted that dumb picture in response. That's not intelligent.

He's the problem though: you made a post, clearly stating your point with a picture that proved your statement to be a falsehood. In context, it proves nothing because Holm wears make up and dresses like any other woman her age in her shape just like the majority of the female fighters we know. If she isn't headed to the cage, or training, she's not glammed up, but if she's making a public appearance, she will have her hair done, make up on and likely in a dress or miny skirt.

Bigbadbruins called you on your honest goof, and even agreed with your intended statement.

My argument was that your original post made no sense and neither did your rebuttal. No duh that skinny fucker doesn’t lift he is super skinny. That is what context is, being able to look at one thing and being able to asses multiple thing about it.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to look at a picture of Holly wearing makeup and pull the context out of thin air that she doesn’t wear makeup often?

Yes, the post of the picture of Brad Marchand was very stupid. But it was equally intelligent as what you said about Holly and I wanted you to grasp just how stupid you are.

Cool, so if someone walks by and they're 250 pounds of muscle, and someone says "he works out," are they referring to that exact moment or that they do so at other regular times?

"He's the problem though?" Who's "he," Einstein?

Similar scenario, Holly is walking down the street wearing makeup just like she is in the photo. Then you say “she doesn’t wear make up”. Everyone you are talking to is going to think you are an idiot. How are they supposed to gather that information after seeing a person one time, who was wearing make up that one time?

This is actually the exact opposite use of this scenario that you used for Holly.

Now suppose there was a 250lbs guy walking down the street and you look over to your buddy and you say that he doesn’t lift weights. He is going to think you are a dumbass right?

How do you know this anyway? How often to you stalk Holly to find these makeupless pictures?

You proved yourself wrong. Thank you

How would someone know that it was a typo?

<Huh2>

It’s funny because he thinks he is super smart <45>
You really did come into this thread not understanding the context of the statement, and you've been trying to talk your way around it ever since. But you can't sneak your way out of it anymore. I suggest you just post empty meme pictures like you did the first time.

Aww, still trying to duck? "He lifts weights" means he lifts weights regularly, regardless of whether he's actually lifting weights then.

What's amusing to me is that you came back to this thread when you still couldn't answer the original point. Context, dummy. lol.
Saying that someone does and doesn’t do something are two completely different things.

Someone who lifts weights does in fact does in fact do it regularly but regularly can still be once or twice a week( just to give you some context). But when someone says they don’t do something it means that they don’t do it at all or they are lying.

You keep bringing up that one horrible point you make saying that I’m not addressing it while not addressing anything I say.

But yeah I’m the duck.

You really did come into this thread not understanding the context of the statement, and you've been trying to talk your way around it ever since. But you can't sneak your way out of it anymore. I suggest you just post empty meme pictures like you did the first time.
You don’t understand context. It’s the writers job to provide it. Not the readers to pull it out of thin air.

You just keep on calling me stupid buddy, it’s all you have.

You don’t understand context. It’s the writers job to provide it. Not the readers to pull it out of thin air.

You just keep on calling me stupid buddy, it’s all you have.
You're not going to duck the question.

When a guy walks by on the street who is 250 pounds of muscle, someone could quite obviously say "he works out." That doesn't mean he's working out right that moment, idiot. It means that he obviously works out regularly at other times. Thus "working out," "wearing make-up," or not doing so, can refer to whether someone does it regularly regardless of whether they're doing it at the moment.

It's really amusing that you thought you were going to "pwn someone" in this thread. Oh, and just to add, your point was stupid.

I can see that the idjits here are struggling with the Confucian difficulty of how one recognizes a typo and how "he lifts weights" can refer to someone who isn't lifting weights at that exact moment. So I'm out for now.

You're not going to duck the question.

When a guy walks by on the street who is 250 pounds of muscle, someone could quite obviously say "he works out." That doesn't mean he's working out right that moment, idiot. It means that he obviously works out regularly at other times. Thus "working out," "wearing make-up," or not doing so, can refer to whether someone does it regularly regardless of whether they're doing it at the moment.

It's really amusing that you thought you were going to "pwn someone" in this thread. Oh, and just to add, your point was stupid.
No it does not mean that he is working out at the moment, when did I ever say anything like is what it meant?

What do you keep bringing up this same point that I have already agreed with you on? Why not say anything about any of the things I have been saying to you? How the word doesn’t, does not have the same meaning as the word does? When someone doesn’t do something it means they don’t do it at all. If they say they don’t do something and they do it occasionally then they are lying but to contrary if I say someone works out and they only do it once a week, I can still say that they work out.

Understand it yet? You are right but you are also wrong. I don’t understand why you just keep on hurling insults. But if you need to be right all the time in your fantasy world then that’s fine by me.

How dare you mock our queen.

110.jpg

Holly is a beautiful girl, but she has rough skin and doesn't wear make-up, because she's a fighter and not a wannabe model or actress like so many other chicks.

Im sure she appreciates you making all these excuses for how she looks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back