Do You Believe GSP Can Make 155?

He is the definition of professional... but 155. Think he might have to cut his Riddum too. Woodley at 170!!!

GSP debut UFC 46
DQjxKKYWsAAPXQR.jpg

Feb 2018

DXFGsJkXcAAdSFx.jpg:large

28379754_10160265701860650_3626491956012531435_n.jpg

He can def make 155

He's not the same size that he was 13 years ago, he looked beefy against Bisping. I dont think he could make 55.

If he gets Gabe Rudiger as his dietician I think there's a chance.

There's been a lot of talk recently about GSP possibly going down to 155.

GSP has also mentionned in recent interviews that he can make the weight and even hinted at possibly going down if there was a big fight to be made.

But here's what he had to say when asked about it back in 2013:

Timestamped:

"It would be really hard to do, I don't say it's impossible but I haven't considered it yet.."

Personally, I think he can make it based on how disciplined and strategic he and his team have always been when it comes to planning etc.. But I do believe it would have a significant impact on his performance.

What do you guys think? Can he make the weight? If so, how do you see it affecting his performance?

there wasa lot of fake news about it.

He can make 155. The question is, can he make 155 without being drained? I doubt that.

Seems like a dumb idea. I want to see these guys fight without cutting. Khabib/GSP at 175/180.

Right now LW is the money division, you have Conor, Nate, Khabib that would all be great $$ fights for GSP.

GSP best weight was 187, even while trying to bulk up for MW he was only to walk into the cage at 191lbs, a measly 6lbs gain

Plenty of LW's, for instance Khabib and Tony cut down from 190-200lbs and GSP is probably the most disciplined athlete to compete.

If he says he can I have no reason to doubt him, although I do feel like a tune up fight is the right move to see how his body reacts to a cut He's never made before.

Since you know everyone’s weight just curious how much do Robert Whitaker’s testicles way??

OP, I don't think GSP can make 155 without looking unhealthy. He carries a solid musculature.

Some guys have thin frames and can make 155 (e.g. Cerrone, Diaz), but I don't see that being the case with GSP. At least, not healthily.

He walks around at like 180-185 normally, from what I've heard..

180?

That doesn't sound right.

GSP stays in good shape but out of camp I'd be surprised if he weighed less than 185.

I still don't get why GSP has been trying to claim he was an undersized WW. That was never true against anyone he faced.

There certainly are some big WWs now (e.g. Thatch) in terms of weight, but even today GSP would be at least average size.

There's been a lot of talk recently about GSP possibly going down to 155.

GSP has also mentionned in recent interviews that he can make the weight and even hinted at possibly going down if there was a big fight to be made.

But here's what he had to say when asked about it back in 2013:

Timestamped:

"It would be really hard to do, I don't say it's impossible but I haven't considered it yet.."

Personally, I think he can make it based on how disciplined and strategic he and his team have always been when it comes to planning etc.. But I do believe it would have a significant impact on his performance.

What do you guys think? Can he make the weight? If so, how do you see it affecting his performance?

If he does not make it, it will embarrass him and show he is going to such huge lengths to NOT fight Woodley.
If he makes it, it will be still embarrassing how he runs from a WC to another WC in order to avoid fighting the top fighters.

He's only 5'10. Of course he could. He could barely make 185.

Short answer: No

Long Answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-you get the point

GSP was never a huge WW. I’m sure he can make 155 and become king. Khabib would be his toughest fight there. Conor and Nate have nothing for him.

Yes. He can drop down to 168-170 easily by losing muscle. He can cut water the rest

Yes. He can drop down to 168-170 easily by losing muscle. He can cut water the rest

168-170 walk around weight is what FW's walk around at. LW's are walking around 190lb today.

While WW's are around 200lbs

Back