Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Bellator 202 adds former title contender Emily Ducote (6-4-0) vs. Veta Arteaga (3-2-0).

Also it doesn't seem like Helena Kolesnyk is aiming for TUF. She recently posted on Instagram about wanting to fight in Invicta soon.
Helena likely thinks exposure in Invicta will likely be enough to get picked up by the UFC down the road.

Helena likely thinks exposure in Invicta will likely be enough to get picked up by the UFC down the road.
If that is her thought process things might not end well for her. The UFC has clearly been reluctant to sign 145ers due to the overall skill level of the division. If you forgo this opportunity who knows when another will come.

Clips from Loma Lookboonmee's first fight this week

Second fight

Her trips and throws from the clinch are just something else. That skill set will definitely serve her well in mma.

Rizin will have a presser at 10 p.m. pst/1 a.m. est - assuming they will have the stream on facebook

She's fighting in the 139 weight class?
I thought she was fighting at 132.

What happened with Sabina Mazo?

Won her first fight by stoppage (outclass; ref saw enough). Mazo's next fight is against a 5'11" Swedish lady who usually fights at 145lbs. If Mazo wins that she has to fight Svetlana Vinnikova who might be the best female fighter at IFMA. Vinnikova beat Antonina Shevchenko last year, and this year so far front kick tko'd one fighter and then 30-27'd another.

If Mazo wins either of these fights, much less both it'd be seriously impressive.

Vinnikova's fight from Sunday 6:24:58 (I'll put up Mazo's fight when the youtube video archives):

Last edited:
Won her first fight by stoppage (outclass; ref saw enough). Mazo's next fight is against a 5'11" Swedish lady who usually fights at 145lbs. If Mazo wins that she has to fight Svetlana Vinnikova who might be the best female fighter at IFMA. Vinnikova beat Antonina Shevchenko last year, and this year so far front kick tko'd one fighter and then 30-27'd another.

If Mazo wins either of these fights, much less both it'd be seriously impressive.

Vinnikova's fight from Sunday 6:24:58 (I'll put up Mazo's fight when the youtube video archives):

I'm a bit of a Mazo fan so I watched her fight live, somehow the judges gave a round to the Finnish girl but it was never close.

Came by this video of Andrea Lee. It is very well done and got me so hyped to see her fight this weekend. She has her faults(mainly fight IQ) but I love her fighting style and I have always been a huge fan of hers.

World mma awards nominations are out.

Came by this video of Andrea Lee. It is very well done and got me so hyped to see her fight this weekend. She has her faults(mainly fight IQ) but I love her fighting style and I have always been a huge fan of hers.

Not looking forward to seeing her in the shitty Reebok gear instead of her normal attire, but I've definitely been looking forward to this card ever since they announced the fights.

....Better not be any weight cut bullshit this time.

Not looking forward to seeing her in the shitty Reebok gear instead of her normal attire, but I've definitely been looking forward to this card ever since they announced the fights.

....Better not be any weight cut bullshit this time.
I don't think the weight cut will be an issue on Andrea's part

She looks pretty lean here up next to an atomweight.

I don't think the weight cut will be an issue on Andrea's part

She looks pretty lean here up next to an atomweight.

I do swimming pools for a living.... Its been 19 years and I'm still waiting to run into that at a job. haha.

Micheiletto just KO'd the two year reigning champion in her IFMA division with a spinning elbow. Also scored a bodykick KO Monday. Probably buried on a tape delay prelim here, but at least Bellator is booking good fights.

32:20 Patricia Axling getting slept.

----------------------------------------------

2:29:52 for Sabina Mazo vs Miina Sirkeoja

Last edited:
If Instagram is reliable Felicia Spencer will not be trying out
for TUF do to the fact she is already mentioning a next fight
with Invicta despite having no opponent named at this point.

Back