UFC Moscow - September 15th

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It will be a UFC Fight Night, it seems. Not a PPV, as some were expecting last year.
It's the right decision, UFC should test the market before going to Russia with a big event, or it could turn out to be a epic failure and they would be wasting a lot of time and money.

DdToJJRW0AUca8R.jpg

Fighters who have been rumored or at least have spoken in the past about wanting to compete in this card:
  1. Alexander Volkov (30-6 MMA, 4-0 UFC) - heavyweight - former M-1 and Bellator champion
  2. Alexey Oleynik (56-11-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC) - heavyweight
  3. Rustam Khabilov (22-3 MMA, 8-2 UFC) - lightweight
  4. Zabit Magomedsharipov (15-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) - featherweight - former ACB champion
  5. Ramazan Emeev (17-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) - welterweight - former M-1 champion
  6. Magomed Bibulatov (14-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) - flyweight - former WSOF and WFCA champion

Last edited:
Its weird how little is known about the Event, i get that it still is a few months but no fights announced nothing.

i think it's safe to say that Volkov will headline the show (my guess against Barnett) and Zabit vs somebody ranked will be co-main. should be awesome, cant wait.

It will be a UFC Fight Night, it seems. Not a PPV, as some were expecting last year.
It's the right decision, UFC should test the market before going to Russia with a big event, or it could turn out to be a epic failure and they would be wasting a lot of time and money.

DdToJJRW0AUca8R.jpg

Fighters who have been rumored or at least have spoken in the past about wanting to compete in this card:
  1. Alexander Volkov (30-6 MMA, 4-0 UFC) - heavyweight - former M-1 and Bellator champion
  4. Zabit Magomedsharipov (15-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) - featherweight - former ACB champion
  6. Magomed Bibulatov (14-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) - flyweight - former WSOF and WFCA champion

Never mind, found it!

Hopefully that also means that they will sign a few new russian fighters (especially HW's).

i think it's safe to say that Volkov will headline the show (my guess against Barnett) and Zabit vs somebody ranked will be co-main. should be awesome, cant wait.
I really don't think Barnett will ever fight for UFC again, gotta think he's done with USADA. Recently, he's been focused/busy on coaching his loli student and doing pro wrestling stuff, like commentary. Some grappling too.

69441719b0d411d4252f193d14c6eb4a.png

2df917fb1811d327abedfaa4b3ed91a3.png

5c95526ec3a6afee6fa3216678f17032.png

maxresdefault.jpg

It will be the last Russian UFC event.

Isnt Kebab from kekistan through not Russia.

DdToJJRW0AUca8R.jpg

I think there is a lot of fighters who said that they would like to fight in Russia, I think from Russian fighters only Khabib said that he doesn't want to fight there but in other interviews he said that if his father wants, he will agree to fight in Russia.

It will be the last Russian UFC event.
Very possible. I don't think people here understand how hard will be for UFC to be successful in Russia. Many problems. Strong competitors (ACB, FNG, WFCA, M1, RCC), totally different time zone in comparison to US, other organizations with cheap tickets and MMA on free TV, people not used to the PPV model etc
I think there is a of fighters who said that they would like to fight in Russia, I think from Russian fighters only Khabib said that he doesn't want to fight there but in other interviews he said that if his father wants, he will agree to fight in Russia.
These are just some that came to mind and don't have fights booked

Very possible. I don't think people here understand how hard will be for UFC to be successful in Russia. Many problems. Strong competitors (ACB, FNG, WFCA, M1, RCC), totally different time zone in comparison to US, other organizations with cheap tickets and MMA on free TV, people not used to the PPV model etc

Well I never was at an mma event but from what I've read, tickets to the ringside in ACB in Russia cost as much as tickets to the ringside of UFC Sweden (or maybe they are a bit cheaper/expensive).

Well I never was at an mma event but from what I've read, tickets to the ringside in ACB in Russia cost as much as tickets to the ringside of UFC Sweden (or maybe they are a bit cheaper/expensive).
Ringside doesn't really matter, i'm talking about average tickets. It's much cheaper for a average Russian event than a UFC event.

Plus the corruption, to be successful in Russia you need connections in government. You can also pay, but knowing Dana's greed...

Ringside doesn't really matter, i'm talking about average tickets. It's much cheaper for a average Russian event than a UFC event.
Not sure if this is true. I'm not 100 % sure but I think that same dude said that actually average ticket for UFC Sweden was cheaper than average tickets for ACB in Moscow.

Not sure if this is true. I'm not 100 % sure but I think that same dude said that actually average ticket for UFC Sweden was cheaper than average tickets for ACB in Moscow.
Yes, it is.

ACB 86 tickets could've been somewhat expensive, but that was the most stacked card ever, usual prices in the Russian scene are ridiculously cheaper than UFC tickets.

I really don't think Barnett will ever fight for UFC again, gotta think he's done with USADA. Recently, he's been focused/busy on coaching his loli student and doing pro wrestling stuff, like commentary. Some grappling too.

69441719b0d411d4252f193d14c6eb4a.png

2df917fb1811d327abedfaa4b3ed91a3.png

5c95526ec3a6afee6fa3216678f17032.png

maxresdefault.jpg

wasn't he always been that way? even before suspension. main event and top-3 guy it's too good an
opportunity to miss if he wants to keep fighting . but USADA is a good point. their site says he hasnt been tested yet since being cleared. who knows if he is still in a pool.

wasn't he always been that way? even before suspension. main event and top-3 guy it's too good an
opportunity to miss if he wants to keep fighting . but USADA is a good point. their site says he hasnt been tested yet since being cleared. who knows if he is still in a pool.
If i'm not mistaken, he retired before getting busted by USADA, so maybe he wasn't going to fight anymore. I'll be very surprised if he actually competes under USADA.
If i had to bet, he asks for his release just as Frank Mir did.

Volkov will headline. My guess would be that this is his chance to earn a titleshot.

Eventually, I will 100% go to this. I will take a short break from Piter and attend the event.

I dislike how close Petr Yan and Islam Makhachev are fighting to this event..... there is like 5% chance that Makhachev will fight on this card, sadly. Maybe 20% chance that Yan will fight here.. disappointing. Stupid UFC.

Back