RIZIN.11: July 29th 2:00 AM EST - Live PBP Discussion Thread

It will be at flyweight or bantamweight? I would like to see Horiguchi back at 125 tbh, i wonder if at 135 he has much more power and that's why he's been stopping people more often

I like this match up, and maybe it's the kickboxer in me speaking, but I rather see Horiguchi dedicate his time to kickboxing since he is entering the GP. I'm sure thats his view as well, because he announced it that way but Rizin had other plans.

I like this match up, and maybe it's the kickboxer in me speaking, but I rather see Horiguchi dedicate his time to kickboxing since he is entering the GP. I'm sure thats his view as well, because he announced it that way but Rizin had other plans.
Well Ogikubo couldn't be more opposite of a kickboxing bout lol.

Yeah it is a little conflicting. I prefer seeing Horiguchi in MMA. But if he is going to do kickboxing I can see why he should probably test it out first.

The good thing is that this Ogikubo bout is sort of a bonus on account of Kyoji's strength of schedule. I'm happy about it.

just Rizin things :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Confusing lol.

Sakakibara was asked to respond to the fans' allegations of giving Rena preferential treatment, to which he replied that there is "a very good chance" of Rena losing the rematch, and that "as of right now" (i.e. if Rena doesnt change anything up compared to their last match) she would lose again, thereby going on a 2 fight losing streak.

He also didnt backpedal on the rematch as such, he still said that he's going for it, and reiterated that he expects a champion to accept all challenges. He did move away from the specifics of the date and whether it would be for a belt or just a "regular" match, but didnt make any definitive statements one way or the other, other than that they want the rematch to happen. There is still a possibility of the match happening in July, according to him.

It will be at flyweight or bantamweight? I would like to see Horiguchi back at 125 tbh, i wonder if at 135 he has much more power and that's why he's been stopping people more often

The fight will be at 60kg (~132 lbs), 10 minute first round, elbows to the head are legal.

Last edited:
Sakakibara was asked to respond to the fans' allegations of giving Rena preferential treatment, to which he replied that there is "a very good chance" of Rena losing the rematch, and that "as of right now" (i.e. if Rena doesnt change anything up compared to their last match) she would lose again, thereby going on a 2 fight losing streak.

He also didnt backpedal on the rematch as such, he still said that he's going for it, and reiterated that he expects a champion to accept all challenges. He did move away from the specifics of the date and whether it would be for a belt or just a "regular" match, but didnt make any definitive statements one way or the other, other than that they want the rematch to happen. There is still a possibility of the match happening in July, according to him.

The fight will be at 60kg (~132 lbs), 10 minute first round, elbows to the head are legal.
Got it thanks.

And I think for a opponent like Ogikubo elbows should be legal so that's good.

First round of the tournament should've been on 1 card. That would've made headlines. Very poor decision making.

just Rizin things :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shady yakuza flunky acting shady. Eez normal.

Shady yakuza flunky acting shady. Eez normal.

RIZIN is clean. The guy that wrote the Shūkan Gendai articles that sank PRIDE in 2006 said Fuji wouldn't have gotten into bed with them if they were backed by dirty money.

Nice to see the Gooch with the quick turnaround. Should be another ko win for him.

No, just a poster.

Highly doubt Kanna will fight as well, because they already announced Kanna vs RENA for the woman's atomweight title and RENA is busy with shootboxing around that time and I doubt they will let Kanna fight another mma fight before her.

I wish these were easier to watch.

RIZIN is clean. The guy that wrote the Shūkan Gendai articles that sank PRIDE in 2006 said Fuji wouldn't have gotten into bed with them if they were backed by dirty money.

And then he died mysteriously in a hotel room by autoerotic asphyxiation.

No MMA GP for tis one? I know there will be a KB GP or something like that... cpuld not rad that much about it...

Nice to see the Gooch with the quick turnaround. Should be another ko win for him.

Yeah, probably gonna see a KO win vs everyone he fights in Rizin. What big time great fights can they really offer him?

Yeah, probably gonna see a KO win vs everyone he fights in Rizin. What big time great fights can they really offer him?
Ueda and Silva are fighting this weekend. I'd like to see him fight either of those two. Does Bellator and Rizin still share fighters? That could open up a lot of possibilities.

Ueda and Silva are fighting this weekend. I'd like to see him fight either of those two. Does Bellator and Rizin still share fighters? That could open up a lot of possibilities.
Kyoji/Ueda rematch would be great.

Ueda/Silva II (this sunday morning on fightpass btw) is another good bout to watch.

Last edited:

http://www.rizinff.com/en/news/20180517_6253.html

Here is some additional info on the Horiguchi vs. Ogikubo bout. Ogikubo seems to have a genuine grudge against Guchi, always wishing for his loss and stuff. Well its understandable I guess, must have been devastating to be a grappler who got submitted by a striker lol.

Seems like sakakibara doesn't even want to do the rematch but rena just wants it way to much. Maybe Rena let sakakibara hit that for that immediate rematch :) . Lol. All trolls aside, I think Rena just wanted that rematch so much to the point where he said "fuck it, let's just make a rematch".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back