Anyone else surprised Conor McGregor retired after Floyd?

Continue to risk real CTE with real permanent consequences when you are already worth over 100 million.....

Hmmm...how about no. That's called STUPIDITY

903368e1-9df7-49b9-b4d3-39d1c23e1854.jpg

I would've retired too.

dNaVX1b.png

You have to really hate Conor to think that a guy who routinely lands only somewhere around 30-40% of his takedowns, and who has gone to and past the 3rd round with such exemplary grapplers like Johnson and Iaquinta, is going to hit his first takedown and finish the fight quickly against Conor.
Lol at you warping the stats in your favor. Khabib has gotten all but one of his opponents down well within the 2 minutes of the fight. And Conor is not even on the same planet as prime juiced Tibau when it comes to TDD.

Khabib is a chain wrestler. He attempts several TDs that lead into each other with no gaps. He typically gets people down in every chain wrestling sequence he does. He sometimes fails on single shots (he can finish those too tho) but once the chain starts up, they also go down. Khabib can take Conor down in his first chain just like he does to everyone.

And btw, Nate got Conor down twice and he only has 30% TD accuracy.

If he was a normal well adjusted human being he could live several lifetimes with the money he already has made but much like Floyd he isn't a normal well adjusted human being so Conor will spend everything he's made and be back in the ring sooner rather than later.
Doubt it but nothing wrong with wishful thinking. If he still wanted to fight then he'd have a contract already.

And btw, Nate got Conor down twice and he only has 30% TD accuracy.

Nate took Conor down in their first fight and was immediately swept. He took Conor down in their second fight only after 24:30 minutes of fighting and 6 failed takedowns.

But sure, please tell me more about warping stats in my favour.

dolly thing hurt conor big time. it something that if not handled right will cost him a working us visa.

He'll settle out of court. But he'll lose a lot of money.

Dana must have been really happy that day.

Nate took Conor down in their first fight and was immediately swept. He took Conor down in their second fight only after 24:30 minutes of fighting and 6 failed takedowns.

But sure, please tell me more about warping stats in my favour.
I'm not warping anything. I'm talking about TDs and you're moving the goal posts to ground defense. He got taken down twice. That is a simple fact.

Conor got taken down twice by one of the worst TD artists in the LW division. He still got stuck in guard with Nate in the first fight and mounted in the second.

But you can pretend that Nate's TDs are anywhere near Khabib's if it helps you sleep at night.

Last edited:
He always said, get in, get rich, get out. I wouldn't be shocked if he never fights again. I don't think anyone would be

I really thought the UFC would have a deal where Conor got incredible money for 5 or more fights. 1 in boxing against Floyd and the rest in the UFC. I figured Conor actually didn't make that much on the Floyd fight, but the value would be spread out. That would be the UFC's guarantee Conor would return to the UFC and continue being a big PPV draw for them.

It looks like they actually just paid him a massive sum of money and have accepted he will retire a 'UFC celebrity'.

Either his celebrity status gives so much exposure to MMA that this is somehow worthwhile to them or they seriously fucked up in the contract negotiations. Either way the fans of the sport got fucked.

Given the space Conor was in financially do you really think he wouldn't have accepted $15 million a fight for 5-10 fights with the UFC after the Floyd fight? Why would they give him one massive payday. They had him under contract. He had no leverage.

tenor.gif
Yeah I agree. When they announced Floyd vs Conor I figured they must have locked him into a contract extension as part of the deal. Apparently they just gave him the massive payday with basically no strings.

I wonder if they were worried about taking it to court. Conor had the money to lawyer up unlike most fighters. I don't think they want a lot of scrutiny on their bs contracts that call them independent contractors, but have all the restrictions an employee would have.

I'm not warping anything. I'm talking about TDs and your're moving the goal posts to ground defense. He got taken down twice. That is a simple fact.

Nah mate, it's just pretty important to point out that one takedown actually ended with Nate on his back and Conor on top, and the other went 1/7 across 25 minutes of fighting.

I really thought the UFC would have a deal where Conor got incredible money for 5 or more fights. 1 in boxing against Floyd and the rest in the UFC. I figured Conor actually didn't make that much on the Floyd fight, but the value would be spread out. That would be the UFC's guarantee Conor would return to the UFC and continue being a big PPV draw for them.

It looks like they actually just paid him a massive sum of money and have accepted he will retire a 'UFC celebrity'.

Either his celebrity status gives so much exposure to MMA that this is somehow worthwhile to them or they seriously fucked up in the contract negotiations. Either way the fans of the sport got fucked.

Given the space Conor was in financially do you really think he wouldn't have accepted $15 million a fight for 5-10 fights with the UFC after the Floyd fight? Why would they give him one massive payday. They had him under contract. He had no leverage.

tenor.gif
The deal was he boxes Mayweather in August then was suppose to do Nate 3 in December. Conor reneged on his end after taking home like 30-40 mil after paying taxes and paying everyone their cut including the UFC who acted as his manager. I can't say I blame him.

He went from making 500K purse money to fight Mendes to making 100 mil (before taxes and payouts) to box Mayweather in a span of like 3 years.

Nah mate, it's just pretty important to point out that one takedown actually ended with Nate on his back and Conor on top, and the other went 1/7 across 25 minutes of fighting.
Nate is a monster off his back so that is not good for Conor. Conor was trying to stand and couldn't. And so what about the second fight? Nate's TDs are actual garbage. Conor should not be struggling to defend them at all if he wants to stop Khabib.

Khabib is stronger, far more skilled, far more versatile with his TDs, and tenacious beyond belief.

Stop trying to undersell Khabib

He didn't retire. He young and enjoying his success. The huge payday also gives him an inflated self worth. But he will blow through the money so unless another venture can sustain his lifestyle he will be back.

Even more than money Conor craves relevancy. He's not the type of person who can be happy with a couple title belts and some cash he wants fame to go with it. And I think he's starting to realize he isn't a real celebrity and people only care about him when he's competing

I think that draws him back to fighting

Whether he will ever fight a top LW again is a different matter though

He retired after Alvarez, did you not see the 'boxing' match?

tenor.gif
I'm pretty sure it was a fairly common opinion that this would happen.

You have to really hate Conor to think that a guy who routinely lands only somewhere around 30-40% of his takedowns, and who has gone to and past the 3rd round with such exemplary grapplers like Johnson and Iaquinta, is going to hit his first takedown and finish the fight quickly against Conor.

or he rag doll conor for 5 pounds

Back