UFC Moscow - September 15th

Volkov vs Hunt
Zabit vs Emmett
Oleynik vs Werdum
Taisumov vs Pettis
Emeev vs Dong Hyun Kim
Tukhugov vs Lobov
Khabilov vs Dariush

So many good potential matchups for this card.
Tukhugov received 2 year ban and he was caught in November of 2016 and his sample with banned stuff was taken in the end of October of 2016, so he is not gonna be cleared to fight.
Hunt is a step back for Volkov following a win over Werdum

Emmett can't feel his face anymore

Oleynik should fight that Dagestani guy Shamil something or the other

Pettis will be rebooked to fight Chiesa

The rest, meh
I think Oleynik and Shamil trains with each other. Or at least they trained when both were living/training in Moscow.

The corruption of both is well documented. Do a Google search.

Edit: Actually hold up, what're you even accusing me of being salty about?
All you Brits are still salty over not getting the World Cup

All you Brits are still salty over not getting the World Cup
I can assure you thats not true. I think we're not even planning on bidding for the WC for the foreseeable future because no ones heart is really in it.

I guess Aleksandra Albu will get on the card. If Instagram isn't keeping her too busy, that is.

Russia was kicked out of the Olympics. No legitimate sport entity should ever bring an event there.

i think it's safe to say that Volkov will headline the show (my guess against Barnett) and Zabit vs somebody ranked will be co-main. should be awesome, cant wait.
Didn’t Volkov say he was going to sit out until a title shot?

Hopefully they sign some Russian fighters to compete on the card as well

Interesting... These Sambo Guys will put on a show. Also. Get a Fight Night and not stuck on Fight Pass Prelims...

Tukhugov received 2 year ban and he was caught in November of 2016 and his sample with banned stuff was taken in the end of October of 2016, so he is not gonna be cleared to fight.
Their suspension ends Sept 26, so your point stands.
No, he is down to headline that event from what i heard.

Does this mean khabib will still fight oct /nov in a non Russian event?

I would like to see

Khabib vs Ferg as main event eventually
Arlovski vs Hunt co main event
Taisumov vs Dariush
Zabit vs Bektić
Volkov vs Tuivasa

as shit, its fight night

Lol at this being a fight night

Lol at this being a fight night
That's the smart decision from a business standpoint, so not sure what's funny about it. I can't believe people thought UFC would go to Russia with a PPV without testing the market tbh.

Volkov said that he wants one more fight before the title shot and he also said that fans writes to him that he should just wait for the title shot.

Volkov said that he wants one more fight before the title shot and he also said that fans writes to him that he should just wait for the title shot.
I was thinking here and should Blaydes win by finish, he's on a 6 win streak with 4 finishes, just as Volkov. The level of competition it's pretty much the same.

- Blaydes / Volkov wins:
  • Overeem / Werdum
  • Hunt / Struve
  • Oleynik / Nelson
  • Omielańczuk / Johnson
  • Milstead / Vegh
  • East / Smoldarev
The difference being that Volkov will be the one much more inactive. Therefore, Volkov shouldn't get a titleshot yet. The winner of Overeem/Blaydes should fight him in that main event, then we will have a incontestable contender. Other option, to keep Miocic active if he finishes DC easily, would be a titleshot to Blaydes and make Volkov fight Cain.

Fuck, she is not russian. just the stupid media markets her as russian.

What's the story with Albu? I see she was born in Moldova and is a Moldovan citizen but she's fighting out of Moscow, uses Russian in social media and is seemingly intent on getting Russian citizenship. Do you know her ethnicity, Moldovan, Russian, Gagauz?

What's the story with Albu? I see she was born in Moldova and is a Moldovan citizen but she's fighting out of Moscow, uses Russian in social media and is seemingly intent on getting Russian citizenship. Do you know her ethnicity, Moldovan, Russian, Gagauz?
Read some history, "moldavian" does not exist. Its like saying northern irish are a different ethnicity from southern irish. "Moldovans" are Romanians (see Cutelaba from LHW). He is hired in Russia, this is why she is using Russian, its normal.

At first I really don't know what to feel for this event, but I figure if I can change.. and you can change.. anybody can change!

Back