How was Chael so right about this?

That wasn't even close to his most prescient moment.

Remember when he said the Jones-Rumble fight wouldn't happen? That was so totally out of the blue at the time, yet he was right.

Gotta give the loudmouth credit, he has his moments.
He said the reason why he made that prediction was because he heard the story of Jones hiding under the ring to avoid drug testing. But it was the hit and run accident that pulled him from the fight.

He said the reason why he made that prediction was because he heard the story of Jones hiding under the ring to avoid drug testing. But it was the hit and run accident that pulled him from the fight.

Can you source this?

As far as I'm aware, this claim was on a Reddit AMA and Sonnen did not explain why.

Well its Chael with the amount of shit that comes off from his mouth he will get a few things right.

This is when Cain and JDS were atop the heavyweight division. Not a lot of people would have predicted a Browne victory over either of those two, even after his destructions of Gonzaga, Overeem, and Barnett.

"No" is by far the safest answer for any fighter who is unproven against top 5 and has not been dominating in other orgs.

lol people calm the fuck down, we already forgot about this gem?

Those videos where he is driving. Yep I like them he sounds smart.

maxresdefault.jpg

lol people calm the fuck down, we already forgot about this gem?

Which sports analyst is measured by their ability to predict wins? What sport? I know of almost hundreds of broadcasters, media and analyst in several sports, but never has their ability to pick a winner been the defining factor of their merit.

Normally I'd claim, this is an example of acting dumb/ignorant just to take a jab at someone, but I'm willing to bet, the MMA fan who made this has no idea what a sports analyst does.

Damn I'm surprised there was actually a video on this.

Thanks, I'm familiar with this video/story.

I don't want to listen to it again riight now, but I don't recall Sonnen attributing his thought that AJ/JJ would be cancelled due to this.

Does he do that in this vid?

Thanks, I'm familiar with this video/story.

I don't want to listen to it again riight now, but I don't recall Sonnen attributing his thought that AJ/JJ would be cancelled due to this.

Does he do that in this vid?
Yes the video is short.

Back