Do You Believe GSP Can Make 155?

I'll take GSP's word over some basement dwelling "I know it all", but thanks.

GSP has literally been quoted as saying he has walked around close to 200 in the past. Look it up.

The funny part is, you are the one wanting GSP's word. I'm telling you what he's said that contradicts himself.

GSP has literally been quoted as saying he has walked around close to 200 in the past. Look it up.

The funny part is, you are the one wanting GSP's word. I'm telling you what he's said that contradicts himself.
The difference is I posted a source, you didn't.

Now gtfo

The difference is I posted a source, you didn't.

Now gtfo

The difference is I don't care to even look for it.

Google it. It's not hard.

Or bury your head in the sand

Well if he was George St Dern he’d fly into Vegas five days out weighing 190lbs for a LW fight.

BTW this is the exact math - 140/115 = 190/155, same percentages

giphy.gif

I heard him say he walks around at about 185 when he was a WW. Some strict dieting gets him to a point he doesn't have to do the "Mackenzie Derp weight cut." He's a professional with coaches with a lot of experience. I think he makes it no problem, outside of unseen health issues.

GSP's walk around weight has always been 187lbs.

The heaviest he got was vs Shields at 192lbs, and he weighted the same vs Bisping.

I think if he dropped off maybe 5lbs, he would be fine to get to LW and keep his stamina/strength.

Right now LW is the money division, you have Conor, Nate, Khabib that would all be great $$ fights for GSP.

GSP best weight was 187, even while trying to bulk up for MW he was only to walk into the cage at 191lbs, a measly 6lbs gain

Plenty of LW's, for instance Khabib and Tony cut down from 190-200lbs and GSP is probably the most disciplined athlete to compete.

If he says he can I have no reason to doubt him, although I do feel like a tune up fight is the right move to see how his body reacts to a cut He's never made before.
Ferguson gets nowhere near 190 let alone 200. That dude talks crazy nonsense. Khabib and eddie get around 190 but are pretty soft. Felder probably gets close to 200 while being lean, that's a good comparison if what you said was true. I have no doubt GSP gets well over 200 out of camp. He has abs in the cage vs Bisping while weighing in the 190s and looked bigger than Mike. No LW is GSPs size

Now that he is competing inside regular and truly random drug testing regulations, I think 155lb will be easy for him to make.

I highly doubt he can do it and be healthy.

GSP barely balloons up out of competition and even then he still ripped up well.

Lol right.

Nate would have a harder time making 155 and be more adversely affected by the cut.
I tend to disagree with both of these. First of all thats nates weight class and has only had a problem making weight once when he fought with a injury. And if gsp goes down in weight and is smart about I don't think anybody could give him a bad night.

he tried to gain weight (muscle) for bisping. but he weighed the same as all his 170 fights,at fight time.
yes he can make 155

Ferguson gets nowhere near 190 let alone 200. That dude talks crazy nonsense. Khabib and eddie get around 190 but are pretty soft. Felder probably gets close to 200 while being lean, that's a good comparison if what you said was true. I have no doubt GSP gets well over 200 out of camp. He has abs in the cage vs Bisping while weighing in the 190s and looked bigger than Mike. No LW is GSPs size
You're wrong. Some lightweights are bigger than him. GSP even said it himself.

GSP in the Bisping fight was bigger than GSP out of camp. He had to GAIN weight for months to fight Bisping, not lose weight.

Khabib weighs more than GSP out of camp and he's able to make 155. Not saying Khabib is bigger, but he sheds off more weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back