Gegard Mousasi interview

Man Mousasi 's a changed man

From fighting heavyweights and shrugging his shoulders to fighting Welterweights with fragile noses just so he can get another W and pump more cash into his real estate empire

I guess he at least won't be broke after retiring but he is no longer the Dreamcatcher and more like a filthy money grubbing mercenary these days

he hasnt fought since squeaking by shlemenko last october

i am not impress

From fighting heavyweights and shrugging his shoulders to fighting Welterweights with fragile noses just so he can get another W and pump more cash into his real estate empire

I guess he at least won't be broke after retiring but he is no longer the Dreamcatcher and more like a filthy money grubbing mercenary these days

Rory MacDonald is a great fighter and at 6'1 with 76.5in reach he won't be giving up much size at 185lbs to Mousasi. Let's be real here for a second, Mousasi vs Schlemenko II, Mousasi vs Carvalho? These guys are much worse fighters than Rory and probably easier fights for Mousasi. Rory vs Mousasi gets the most eyes, the most money and is the most relevant fight. Bellators Middleweight division has never really been legitimate....

Rory was the first who started trashtalk so Gegard just responding to him .
He also has said that he is going to move up in weight class for bigger names ( LHW and possibly HW)

Um... didn't Mousasi's orbital get broken in Round 1 vs. Shlemenko? Maybe that's why he's been inactive since.

I don't care if he wants to face Rory, who's dangerous. It could be interesting. Mousasi's bouts are more often exciting than not.

Rory MacDonald is a great fighter and at 6'1 with 76.5in reach he won't be giving up much size at 185lbs to Mousasi. Let's be real here for a second, Mousasi vs Schlemenko II, Mousasi vs Carvalho? These guys are much worse fighters than Rory and probably easier fights for Mousasi. Rory vs Mousasi gets the most eyes, the most money and is the most relevant fight. Bellators Middleweight division has never really been legitimate....

Would rather see Mousasi fight Phil Davis, Bader etc...Hell..Why is Mousasi not in the open weight grand prix ? This Mousasi fighting welterweights stuff (Shlemenko, him trying to fight Rory) is pretty weak IMO

Rory was the first who started trashtalk so Gegard just responding to him .
He also has said that he is going to move up in weight class for bigger names ( LHW and possibly HW)

It doesn't matter who started it, they are at least 1 weight class apart and this is just silly from Gegard

Gegard needs to go back to what made him a fan favourite and that's not giving a shit about anyone and just fighting whoever. Also even if he said he's gonna fight bigger dudes, I don't believe him anymore..IMO he's no longer the same relaxed fighter he was after all those loses , he's all about the $$$ now and protecting his record

I hope Carvalho starches him badly now, the butthurt here would be fantastic

I hope Carvalho starches him badly now, the butthurt here would be fantastic
Gegard comes out dry from water almost everytime for 51 mma fights . Your dreams aren't even close to any possible reality

Thanks for sharing
war Moose!

Gegard needs to go back to what made him a fan favourite and that's not giving a shit about anyone and just fighting whoever.

this is what happens when you read the headline and don't watch the interview. the Rory conversation was less than 1 minute of a 22 minute interview.

since you didn't listen, here's what he said (paraphrased) when asked about Rory:

"ahhh, i don't know how seriously to take him. maybe he's been smoking with Nick Diaz. he says he wants to fight me, then he says he wants to fight in the HW GP, and then he says he wants to defend his belt before moving up. so i don't know. i guess i'm supposed to call him a pussy now? is that what i'm supposed to do?"​

and then he went on to discuss fighting King Mo. in other words, he's doing exactly what you claim you want; 'not giving a shit about anyone and just fighting whoever'.

and btw, the role you're playing has a counterbalance, which is the other fan who says "like omg, he's ducking a WW" if he dismissed the reporter out of hand. so he answers. and then by answering he gets fans like you who say "like omg, he only wants to fight WW's". upon reading that, fight your instinct to get defensive and just consider it a bit. cheers.

Last edited:
Mousasi what a guy...
Starts quoting Adolf Hitler and the moment he starts you see him thinking 'oh fuck I cant quote that guy'.

Damn Karyn Bryant fiendin’ for that dick talk

If he beats Carvallho he needs to rematch Shlemenko asap and not fight MacDonald, because everyone knows that Shlemenko beat him.

A guy is making money doing his job, let's hate on him...
Sherdog gonna sherdog.

If he beats Carvallho he needs to rematch Shlemenko asap and not fight MacDonald, because everyone knows that Shlemenko beat him.
i would take Mousasi even money on a Shlemenko rematch.

but he definitely whooped him in that 3rd round.

this is what happens when you read the headline and don't watch the interview. the Rory conversation was less than 1 minute of a 22 minute interview.

since you didn't listen, here's what he said (paraphrased) when asked about Rory:

"ahhh, i don't know how seriously to take him. maybe he's been smoking with Nick Diaz. he says he wants to fight me, then he says he wants to fight in the HW GP, and then he says he wants to defend his belt before moving up. so i don't know. i guess i'm supposed to call him a pussy now? is that what i'm supposed to do?"​

and then he went on to discuss fighting King Mo. in other words, he's doing exactly what you claim you want; 'not giving a shit about anyone and just fighting whoever'.

and btw, the role you're playing has a counterbalance, which is the other fan who says "like omg, he's ducking a WW" if he dismissed the reporter out of hand. so he answers. and then by answering he gets fans like you who say "like omg, he only wants to fight WW's". upon reading that, fight your instinct to get defensive and just consider it a bit. cheers.
Stop posting nonsense, Mousasi is ducking, ww, mw and lhw. He just says all these things to get us confused

Stop posting nonsense, Mousasi is ducking, ww, mw and lhw. He just says all these things to get us confused
Mousasi and ducking that's 2 opposite worlds .
He doesn't give a fuck about your confusion . He is a man of his word and keeps it real that's why he gets respect and glory .

Mousasi and ducking that's 2 opposite worlds .
He doesn't give a fuck about your confusion . He is a man of his word and keeps it real that's why he gets respect and glory .
<DontBelieve1>

Back