Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Rumors on twitter is Keri Melendez will be back in the Bellator cage June 29th in Temecula. That would be three bouts on the main card. Lucky i get to cover this one.

King Reina at featherweight us an interesting turn of events

Rumors on twitter is Keri Melendez will be back in the Bellator cage June 29th in Temecula. That would be three bouts on the main card. Lucky i get to cover this one.

Got her opponent's name Hawaiian Tiani Valle (1-0)

Got her opponent's name Hawaiian Tiani Valle (1-0)

Good opponent for Melendez. Pretty sure Valle was gonna show up in Invicta/LFA soon, so that's a nice signing.

Last edited:
I guess InvictaFC has signed with Ericka Almeida, 'cause in their social media (Instagram) they posted the photos of their fighters with their moms, and Ericka Almeida is there. Does anyone know can confirm it??

Friday May 18 7am ET main card Angela Lee http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Angela-Lee-173909 vs. Mei Yamaguchi http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mei-Yamaguchi-21461 for the One Championship women's atomweight world championship in Singapore. It's a rematch of their fight two years ago.

According to One if you download the app you can watch all their events live and free: https://onefc.com/videos/the-one-super-app-is-available-to-download-now/

Download the app here: https://onefc.com/download-app/

https://onefc.com/articles/the-complete-preview-to-lee-vs-yamaguchi-ii/

Angela's brother is fighting for the lightweight belt. First time in mma history siblings fight on same card for a belt. There's good interviews on youtube of the siblings and on Angela's harrowing car accident.

Would be a good signing, Almeida's last loss was to Jandiroba, and it was a split decision. I hope they bring in Pacheco and Rosa somewhere down the line to shake up their featherweight and bantamweight classes.

Reina fighting at featherweight is interesting. With the debuts of Kayla Harrison and Danyelle Wolf coming up this summer things can be looking good for a division that was (well, still kind of is) really shallow.

If Grasso wants to improve her chances against SuarGOAT this weekend, she might consider a switcheroo with Alejandra Romero Bonilla, who won gold in the pan-american wrestling championships a couple of weeks ago, becoming only the 3rd Mexican to do so. She bears a passable resemblance to Grasso.

28056375_1589731491118628_3378704324981016788_n.jpg
BonillaLucha.jpg
alejandra-romero-buscarc3a1-retener-el-tc3adtulo-de-campeona-centroamericana.jpg

Posting because I know we have many fans of Latina heat, women in singlets (@Mittens), and to threaten you kickboxing fux with being 30-27'd the fuck out.
Also having 'Romero' in her name presumably means she has potential to fight crazy and indulge in creative cheating, which is always fun to watch.

Speaking of the other Romero, Cuba came 3rd in the team standings for women (behind Canada and USA), and have been upping their involvement in womyn's wrestling lately (they sent some competitors to the junior world championships last year for the first time ever - they don't have enough money to travel regularly, apparently). But despite Cuba's history in boxing, they don't have a state women's boxing team yet, the official reason being the govt is 'awaiting the result of studies on the effect of blows on a woman's body'.
So there may be a Yoella Romera in MMA one day, but it'll be a while before there's a Yolly Yolm.

------

As for Lobo gym, I actually think their girls have really good all round MMA games, but something about being Mexican makes them all want to be Chavez or De La Hoya at all times rather than mixing it up to improve their chances of winning.
Maybe someone needs to bring them some lucha masks for some roleplay...

(fun note: google translate apparently renders 'luchadora' as 'feisty', so Romero's translated wiki page reads: "Alejandra Bonilla Romero ( December to June of 1995 ), is a feisty Mexican of wrestling" . Hey, I thought Google was against ethnic stereotypes!)

What I didn't know until late last year was besides training & employment
that Liz Carmouche co owns San Diego Combat Academy with Bill Crawford
and she also operates 3 or 4 10th Planet gyms within the San Diego area.

Chan Mi Jeon has joined Team MAD. Good move for her, IMO. Training with Dae Hwan Kim’s team was going to lead her nowhere. She’s even moving from Seoul to Busan, so this will be full time.

Ooh that's a good matchup! I personally think Irene will get it done, she seems to be a better overall fighter than Bethe, I wonder if she'll showcase more of her grappling like she did in the Bernardo fight.

Also with UFC announcing their debut in Russia I hope we get some new bantamweights because the division is literally facing a clearance. I dunno if Mokhnatkina could be signed or Jojua due to their commitments to FNG (I believe they both have contracts). Aygul Khabirova and Zaira Dyshekova would be great signings though, hope to see Kunitskaya on this card too.

It seems like they let her keep the hat on for the photoshoot.

Found my account I created many eons ago. Hopefully I add something positive to the discussion besides my conspiracy theories.

So the Angela Lee vs. Mei Yamaguchi rematch is coming up tomorrow. Who ya got? Will be interesting to see how they have changed relative to each other over the past two years. If I were a bettin' sort I'd put my moolah on Angela though.

Apropos of that, anyone else tried out the new one app? I used it for last weekends card and enjoyed it.

Back