Does anyone really believe that Mintrione can beat Bader?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Meat head thinks he's getting to the finals but Bader is one of the worse matchups for him. Every fight he's lost and had hard times in he was getting taken down. Schaub took him down and killed him like it was nothing. We will have to LHWs in the HW finals

Bader has been KO'd by Lyoto Machida and Glover Teixeira.

It's wouldn't be completely weird if Mitrione pulled it off.

Last edited:
ortiz-bader3.gif

Meat head thinks he's getting to the finals but Bader is one of the worse matchups for him. Every fight he's lost and had hard times in he was getting taken down. Schaub took him down and killed him like it was nothing. We will have to LHWs in the HW finals
Yes. Punchers chance, hes more athletic than bader and has 30 pounds on him but Bader is rightfully the favorite.

Last edited:
Meathead has the power but he got taken down and submitted by Schaub. Bader could have a field day with him.

Bader chin is suspect and Meathead has too much power, heavyweight power.

Am I missing something? Meathead's steadily improved his game & will have a massive size difference over Bader. Plus he's got a granite chin. I'd be surprised if Bader wins.

I think Bader will severely outgrapple him or get face punched. Though I am picking Bader here? My initial favorite to win was Matt but Bader can 100% put him on his back.

Matt has a good shot at winning, people are forgetting Roy ate a bunch of shots in that fight. Bader is not Roy, a lot of those shots are hurting Bader. Matt is very quick for his size, he has a good shot at landing something.

Mitrione should be the favourite to win the whole thing.

It's 50/50 imo. Bader is technically better but Mitrione hits hard and is quick and can take shots better than Bader.

Both have suspect chins.
Bader is just a more complete fighter and is a very big dude himself

it's far from the gimme you seem to be suggesting, TS.

i think Bader wins by attrition and willpower. grit. pressure. a variety of attacks. threat of headkicks and takedowns will lead to openings. but IMO he's far from a heavy favorite.

this site says the opening line is Bader -180 Mitrione +230. that feels about right.

Last edited:
Mitrione should put on just a little size and bader will have a much harder time taking him down.

Of course he has a strikers chance. He hits hard and its heavyweight.

Roy Nelson fight showed he is more likely to get taken down and beat up on the ground by Bader though.

All Bader needs to do is take Matt down and all Mitrione needs to is land 1 solid shot as Bader is coming in. Matt has the power to knock Bader into unconsciousness. How many fighters you know of that can KO Derrick "Black Beast" Lewis? Matt did it so he's got a sluggers chance.
giphy.gif

I hope Bader wins as I would really like to see him against Fedor in the final. Fedor has great TDD which would make a match up against Bader a great fight.

Bader is the better fighter but if Meathead checks that chin Bader is going to take a nap

I'm gonna pick Bader but I wouldn't be shocked to see Meathead KO him. People sleep on Meathead's speed for a dude that big

it's far from the gimme you seem to be suggesting, TS.

i think Bader wins by attrition and willpower. grit. pressure. a variety of attacks. threat of headkicks and takedowns will lead to openings. but IMO he's far from a heavy favorite.

this site says the opening line is Bader -180 Mitrione +230. that feels about right.

That doesn't sound right at all.

If you bet 180 dollars on Bader and 80 dollars on Mitrione you'd come out ahead no matter what.

Back