Rizin 11 features Cro Cop, Horiguchi

License to Kill
@Silver
Reaction score
Cro Cop will fight May 25 for Bellator and return to Rizin

Horiguchi will fight again and go to kickboxing

for how many fights did Cro Cop sign with Bellator anyway?

Rizin 11? not 12? wasnt the last one 11?

Rizin Horiguchi Fighting Federation

I like how Horiguchi and Crocop both have several fights planned ahead for the year.

Horiguchi>Uppity Pigmy, because he has the Will of the warrior

Oh I thought he was leaving MMA or something
He'll never leave mma wtf. Unless he's having big success in kickboxing with bigger purse in kickboxing then maybe I see him leaving mma. If horiguchi wins hiromasa, we'll eventually see horiguchi fighting for the inaugural undisputed Rizin FF flyweight title belt.

He'll never leave mma wtf. Unless he's having big success in kickboxing with bigger purse in kickboxing then maybe I see him leaving mma. If horiguchi wins hiromasa, we'll eventually see horiguchi fighting for the inaugural undisputed Rizin FF flyweight title belt.

This post made me think
..Horiguchi in K1? I like it, would help K1 come full circle again they seem to be picking up steam. Much bigger events, great tournaments happening.

This post made me think
..Horiguchi in K1? I like it, would help K1 come full circle again they seem to be picking up steam. Much bigger events, great tournaments happening.

Wait so k1 is getting more attendance and ratings? Do you have a source?

With that, Rizin, and other orgs eyeing Japan (Road and 1C) can we see another kakutogi boom?

Wait so k1 is getting more attendance and ratings? Do you have a source?

With that, Rizin, and other orgs eyeing Japan (Road and 1C) can we see another kakutogi boom?

K1 does have about the same attendance (8k smaller events, 15k big events. sold out 18k Saitama Super Arena well in advance for last event) with much less promotion and no major TV deal. They currently on Abema TV and the last K1 event did 3 million viewers. growing numbers.

Last edited:
So Cro Cop vs Ishii 199x
Cro Cop is not fighting Ishii anymore, he's with CC in Croatia for over 2 years now. They are like brothers. Ishii even gave up his Japan citizenship and took Croatian.

They currently on Abema TV and the last K1 event did 3 million viewers. growing numbers.
Guess the peak viewership for this Shooto card from last weekend on Abema. Look at the names and come up with an estimate.upload_2018-5-19_11-44-55.png

I wouldn't know. I don't really follow mma, not even j-mma. just a big j-kick fan. :oops:

but I know Shooto usually does bad numbers on Abema.

I have guessed that card would have under a 1,000 viewers like a local King of the Cage stream.

That card with no draws and zero marketing did over 100k for the majority the event and went up to 185k. Combat sports is either getting more popular in Japan or Abema is fixing the streaming numbers.
upload_2018-5-19_12-2-32.png

I wonder who Cro Cop will be fighting.

I have guessed that card would have under a 1,000 viewers like a local King of the Cage stream.

That card with no draws and zero marketing did over 100k for the majority the event and went up to 185k. Combat sports is either getting more popular in Japan or Abema is fixing the streaming numbers.
View attachment 382693

here are some numbers for comparison:

K-1: 2-3 Million
Boxing ( Kameda vs Pongsaklek ) : 2,6 million
UFC 200: 500K
Krush: 200~400K
ONE: 230K
Bellator: ~200K
Shooto: ~100K

combat sport in japan is really doing good, it seems like. In 2016 K1 shattered previous viewing numbers on the ABEMA SPORTS channel so they made an own fighting channel, and pump a lot of money into it ever since. Guess you could put on anything fighting related onto the channel and pull Shooto numbers.

Back